Rememembering How The Democrats Attacked Johnny Cash

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Threatening pamphlets. Canceled shows. It was 1965, and embattled country music star Johnny Cash was facing a boycott in some parts of the Jim Crow South - but the reason was not his recent arrest for potential drug smuggling—it was his appearance on the steps of a courthouse with a woman some thought was African-American - [that woman was] Vivian Liberto, a shy 17-year-old from San Antonio. The National States Rights Party, an Alabama white supremacist group, republished the photo in its newspaper, The Thunderbolt, with an article that dripped with racist rhetoric -- Cash was harassed and boycotted by some Southern fans. “Johnny and I received death threats, and an already shameful situation was made infinitely worse,” recalled Vivian in her 2008 memoir.

"I remember talking to his daughter Roseanne about it,” says Cash's biographer Michael Streissguth. “She got a letter from him saying ‘I’m sorry I haven’t been home, but I’ve been out fighting the KKK.’ She said she took the letter and ripped it in half—it was just another excuse for his long absences from home.” Streissguth finds it troubling that Cash felt he had to deny being married to a black woman so vehemently.
E2Ga3VZVIAE9WUZ.jpg
This is the problem with these 1619-Critical Race Theory folks -- they always want to go back and dig up history and bring up stuff that is best left alone... Everyone knows that Cash's first wife was Italian-Sicilian and definitely not black -- you can clearly look at this picture and see she is not black...Cash may have broken the law with his drug use but he definitely wouldn't break the law by marrying a darkie!!

And besides, the only people who claimed she was black were a bunch of racist Democrats who were too dumb to know the difference between Italians and darkies....but for the record, this woman was not black!! -- Look at her, she was beautiful..how can she be black?
Vivian-Liberto.jpg

Next you will be telling us that some darkies tried to pass for white to avoid discrimination and persecution....yea, right...by who??

Last edited:

"Threatening pamphlets. Canceled shows. It was 1965, and embattled country music star Johnny Cash was facing a boycott in some parts of the Jim Crow South - but the reason was not his recent arrest for potential drug smuggling—it was his appearance on the steps of a courthouse with a woman some thought was African-American - [that woman was] Vivian Liberto, a shy 17-year-old from San Antonio. The National States Rights Party, an Alabama white supremacist group, republished the photo in its newspaper, The Thunderbolt, with an article that dripped with racist rhetoric -- Cash was harassed and boycotted by some Southern fans. “Johnny and I received death threats, and an already shameful situation was made infinitely worse,” recalled Vivian in her 2008 memoir.

"I remember talking to his daughter Roseanne about it,” says Cash's biographer Michael Streissguth. “She got a letter from him saying ‘I’m sorry I haven’t been home, but I’ve been out fighting the KKK.’ She said she took the letter and ripped it in half—it was just another excuse for his long absences from home.” Streissguth finds it troubling that Cash felt he had to deny being married to a black woman so vehemently.
View attachment 493012This is the problem with these 1619-Critical Race Theory folks -- they always want to go back and dig up history and bring up stuff that is best left alone... Everyone knows that Cash's first wife was Italian-Sicilian and definitely not black -- you can clearly look at this picture and see she is not black...Cash may have broken the law with his drug use but he definitely wouldn't break the law by marrying a darkie!!

And besides, the only people who claimed she was black were a bunch of racist Democrats who were too dumb to know the difference between Italians and darkies....but for the record, this woman was not black!! -- Look at her, she was beautiful..how can she be black?
View attachment 493013

Next you will be telling us that some darkies tried to pass for white to avoid discrimination and persecution....yea, right...by who??

You're right though shit fer brains, they were indeed democrats.

New, improved democrats! Now hating white people.

democrats today are no different at all, the only change is the tone of skin y'all hate.

Johnny Cash was an anomaly - he stood, as the man in black, for a reason and it wasn't race- he believed his celebrity status afforded him an opportunity to address the oppressed- that political hacks used it against him speaks to their intellectual dishonesty- not a lot different now, than it was in 65-

View attachment 493012This is the problem with these 1619-Critical Race Theory folks -- they always want to go back and dig up history and bring up stuff that is best left alone... Everyone knows that Cash's first wife was Italian-Sicilian and definitely not black -- you can clearly look at this picture and see she is not black...Cash may have broken the law with his drug use but he definitely wouldn't break the law by marrying a darkie!!

View attachment 493013

...the Good Ole days when the democrat Party and their KKK ran things!

View attachment 493013

democrats today are no different at all, the only change is the tone of skin y'all hate.
Yup...anytime you have groups naming themselves "The Party Of States Rights" or something like that...better believe they are a bunch of racist liberal Democrats and not conservatives....

Johnny Cash was an anomaly - he stood, as the man in black, for a reason and it wasn't race- he believed his celebrity status afforded him an opportunity to address the oppressed- that political hacks used it against him speaks to their intellectual dishonesty- not a lot different now, than it was in 65-
Cool story bro....

What was his 1964 album "Bitter Tears" about?? Was it about the racial oppression of Native Americans or nah?

Cool story bro....

What was his 1964 album "Bitter Tears" about?? Was it about the racial oppression of Native Americans or nah?
Notice what I made bold? Read- you might learn somethin-

Cool story bro....

Notice what I made bold? Read- you might learn somethin-
Yea....and you also said not a lot is different now...

so now, what political hacks would use his advocacy on behalf of oppressed groups like Native Americans against him??

Would they call themselves "conservatives"???

Yup...anytime you have groups naming themselves "The Party Of States Rights" or something like that...better believe they are a bunch of racist liberal Democrats and not conservatives....

View attachment 493021
Memes are fun.....especially when they are more accurate than that bullshit you just posted....
View attachment 493023

OR....

View attachment 493024

OR....
View attachment 493025

The problem you Nazis have is understanding basic terms.

There is nothing even remotely "liberal" about you scum. You are collectivist totalitarians. Just like Booth - you think you have the right to own the lives of others.

democrat versus American is really dictatorship versus liberty.

In 1854 you vermin democrats were totalitarian thugs with no regard for human life, liberty, and dignity.

Today you vermin democrats are totalitarian thugs with no regard for human life, liberty, and dignity.

View attachment 493013

That was Cash's wife....Italian-American.

View attachment 493013

The Democrats up to the mid to late 60s were indeed the Party of Jim Crow in the South....no one can deny that historical fact. But then things flip-flopped. The GOP owns it now.

View attachment 493013

Why did racists think she was black??

Was she trying to pass??

cashspan.jpg

View attachment 493013

The Democrats up to the mid to late 60s were indeed the Party of Jim Crow in the South....no one can deny that historical fact. But then things flip-flopped. The GOP owns it now.
Maybe referring to them by the proper labels might help clear up the confusion......Conservatives.....

When you look at it from that perspective; it makes perfect sense that the same folks who were states rights this and states right that back then -- are the same folks who are states right this and states right that now.....conservatives....traditionalists...etc

If all racism is from the dems why do the goppers care so much about the slavers flags and statues ?
Haave they mislaid the script ?

View attachment 493013

she was only half.....

View attachment 493013

Which is, by the way, the fifth time that has happened in American history.

It happens fairly regularly as the issues of the day, the mindset of the people, the makeup of the country, demographics, technology, and the world all change. Of course the parties, which are entirely human constructs, reshuffle along with them.

We're on the sixth system now. It's not a secret; they teach this stuff in history class.

View attachment 493013

Why did racists think she was black??

Was she trying to pass??

View attachment 493031
She was Italian-American....dumb racists don't care.

Forum List

Back