Recycling

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
I think recycling should be a LOT bigger than what it is.

I was watching for off the grid folks turning plastics into diesel and burning it in their generators. And during the process, was actually getting some liquid that burns almost as good as gas.
There was another video about what they do with old tires. Turning those into all sorts of stuff

Then it got me to thinking about all the computers that got taken to the dump. All those metals, including gold that got buried.

Seems almost all that stuff can be turned into something else. But it's just getting wasted.

I was watching for off the grid folks turning plastics into diesel and burning it in their generators. And during the process, was actually getting some liquid that burns almost as good as gas.
There was another video about what they do with old tires. Turning those into all sorts of stuff

Then it got me to thinking about all the computers that got taken to the dump. All those metals, including gold that got buried.

Seems almost all that stuff can be turned into something else. But it's just getting wasted.
Making it easy to recycle is what has made progress. Forcing it did NOTHING.

most people want to do their best to preserve the environment. If you request that they go way out of their way to completely change their lifestyle, that's not gonna happen.

Same goes for electric cars.

They are all shitty as fuck and are much less utilitarian than even the most modest gas powered vehicle, but they cost twice as much.

That's a recipe for never getting anything done.

Make electric cars half the cost of gas powered cars and make charging much quicker and 1 million times more available, and you might be onto something.

It's also a big job creator.

But Trump caused China to ban importing of recycled materials. Since China stopped buying recycled materials to manufacture the worlds products with, it piled up at our shipping ports.

Waste companies lost revenue, started burying it and stopped collecting recycling. Waste companies also imposed massive rate increases on customers to cover their lost revenue from selling waste to China.

It's also a big job creator.

But Trump caused China to ban importing of recycled materials. Since China stopped buying recycled materials to manufacture the worlds products with, it piled up at our shipping ports. Waste companies lost revenue, started burying it and stopped collecting recycling.

Waste companies are also imposed massive rate increases on customers to cover their lost revenue from selling waste to China.
Sounds like a China problem. They don't like fair trade.

With Senile EmperorShitzHizPantz in office, Iran will be recycling sand in The Middle East and turning it in to glass.

I just bought a extra herby-curby.....If it fits in the herby-curby it goes out with the regular garbage. ;)

Fuck all that breaking down boxes, we will take this plastic but won't take that. If it rains we don't do cardboard. Nope, into herby it goes and life just got easier. :)

Recycling just makes other people money off of my garbage. Tin cans and kitchen slop goes to the township dumpsters I pay for with my taxes, and plastic and paper goes into the 55 gallon burn barrel 100 yards from the house. I get the 55 gallon drums from a scrap yard for $5 with the tops already cut out, shoot some holes through them with a 9mm pistol or an AK-47 for ventilation, and viola! Instant burn barrel.

Rural living is awesome.

Plastic recycling is mostly a lie. We used to send it all to China because the air pollution produced from recycling plastic makes it impossible to do without violating domestic emissions laws. And it only produces about a 10% yield. Though I have to admit I've never heard of it being converted into a fuel source. If it actually can be done, that probably would yield some kind of environmental benefit. Or, at the very least, an economic one. But I suspect that the Putin funded environmentalists will probably be against it, saying that lower fuel prices are bad for the environment.

Liberals forced us to abandon paper grocery bags and use plastic bags to save a tree. Then after liberals created a 30 year environmental disaster with plastic grocery bags the morons recently decided, hey paper bags great idea and forced us back.

By the way, the recycling rules prohibit you from putting plastic grocery bags in the recycle big. (face palm)

Recycling just makes other people money off of my garbage. Tin cans and kitchen slop goes to the township dumpsters I pay for with my taxes, and plastic and paper goes into the 55 gallon burn barrel 100 yards from the house. I get the 55 gallon drums from a scrap yard for $5 with the tops already cut out, shoot some holes through them with a 9mm pistol or an AK-47 for ventilation, and viola! Instant burn barrel.

Rural living is awesome.
Liberal state wide BAN on burn barrels here in my Dem run blue state.

Recycling is a feel-good scam created by virtue-signalers to propagandize the public. If they were serious, they would charge manufacturers for the ultimate disposal costs of their products.

Liberal state wide BAN on burn barrels here in my Dem run blue state.

That's fucked up. There's nothing more fun than the crackling and popping of old, corroded ammunition in the burn barrel.

I have two 20mm practice rounds I might throw in there this Summer. They're intact with the powder and primers, but just have solid projectiles, not HE. Last year I threw some electric blasting caps in there that I found at a garage sale. They blew big holes in the side and I had to replace the barrel.

:laughing0301:

Recycling is a feel-good scam created by virtue-signalers to propagandize the public. If they were serious, they would charge manufacturers for the ultimate disposal costs of their products.

A feel good scam? Let's see, you can easily make plastic 2 X4's out of waste plastics. Or you can use tree's. Both have a process. Both takes money and energy to complete. Sure, we have plenty of both.
but the plastics last forever. And wood doesn't. Termites won't eat your plastic deck or fence.

In some countries they're using waste plastics to build roads. Cool

Stainless steel fasteners have become affordable ... due to recycling ...
'Tis said half the aluminum we use has already been used once before ... due to recycling ...
The world will have adequate supply of soylent green now ... due to recycling ...

I'm glad folks see that all this plastic garbage in the oceans is from the United States ... we did the "feel good" thing and shipped it to China, let them pick through it, and then dump it into the ocean what they don't want ...

Stainless steel fasteners have become affordable ... due to recycling ...
'Tis said half the aluminum we use has already been used once before ... due to recycling ...
The world will have adequate supply of soylent green now ... due to recycling ...

I'm glad folks see that all this plastic garbage in the oceans is from the United States ... we did the "feel good" thing and shipped it to China, let them pick through it, and then dump it into the ocean what they don't want ...

Have you seen the clean up they're doing in the pacific ocean. It's pretty awesome, IMO.

There's tons of gold buried in land fields all over the USA from early computers and monitors being thrown away.

Forum List

Back