recipe for booming economy

en ens

Rookie
Jun 13, 2019
so we all probably got different opinions as to what is the recipe for a booming economy. i am interesting in hearing your opinions.

so here is my opinion:

1. everyone produces more, while everyone consumes less. to increase odds of surplus of goods, and prices come down.

2. if people spend less/consume less. then that can help keep prices down. and increase surplus of goods.

3. if people produce more, we all get more. it's kind of that simple.

4. the economy can inform people of weaknesses in the economy, whatever there is a shortage of, the general public can be informed of it, and go work in those fields. one time may be shortage of truckers, another time shortage of miners, another time shortage of farmers, another time shortage of mechanics, or engineers etc. if people are informed, they can quickly adapt to what society needs much smoother and quicker. helping both themselves and their economy. this can reduce chances of people working at mcdonalds or other jobs society doesn't need so much for decades. i like to think of the economy like a car engine, or the organs of a body of a living organism, there is many parts working together to get the thing running, this case it's the economy.

---------------------------------

one other side thing. some people actually think spending more helps economy. but i equate that as also consume more, and producing more while consuming more, i don't think is as good as producing more and consuming less. just an opinion. but i could be wrong. i think maybe if you isolate a period of time and isolate 1 business, then yes i might benefit 1 business for a set period of time, but i don't see it benefit everyone over the grand scale of time period. just my opinion. i could be wrong.

i look at money as motivation to work and freedom units. and we work for what we want, most of us want more goods, and but if we all consume more goods or get more goods, then more goods need to be produced, if you can't produce enough in time, you get shortages, prices go up, quality of life goes down in a society, etc.

--------------------

all opinions here. i'd like to know if i made sense. if anyone has their own opinions. i'm not there to enforce mine as the all high and mighty lord of knowledge superior to other points of views. i am just sharing mine, and quite interested in what other people think on this topic. i might learn something or be able to think about things i didn't think of before.

so we all probably got different opinions as to what is the recipe for a booming economy. i am interesting in hearing your opinions.

so here is my opinion:

1. everyone produces more, while everyone consumes less. to increase odds of surplus of goods, and prices come down.

2. if people spend less/consume less. then that can help keep prices down. and increase surplus of goods.

4. the economy can inform people of weaknesses in the economy, whatever there is a shortage of, the general public can be informed of it, and go work in those fields. one time may be shortage of truckers, another time shortage of miners, another time shortage of farmers, another time shortage of mechanics, or engineers etc. if people are informed, they can quickly adapt to what society needs much smoother and quicker. helping both themselves and their economy. this can reduce chances of people working at mcdonalds or other jobs society doesn't need so much for decades. i like to think of the economy like a car engine, or the organs of a body of a living organism, there is many parts working together to get the thing running, this case it's the economy.

one other side thing. some people actually think spending more helps economy. but i equate that as also consume more, and producing more while consuming more, i don't think is as good as producing more and consuming less. just an opinion. but i could be wrong. i think maybe if you isolate a period of time and isolate 1 business, then yes i might benefit 1 business for a set period of time, but i don't see it benefit everyone over the grand scale of time period. just my opinion. i could be wrong.

i look at money as motivation to work and freedom units. and we work for what we want, most of us want more goods, and but if we all consume more goods or get more goods, then more goods need to be produced, if you can't produce enough in time, you get shortages, prices go up, quality of life goes down in a society, etc.

--------------------

all opinions here. i'd like to know if i made sense. if anyone has their own opinions. i'm not there to enforce mine as the all high and mighty lord of knowledge superior to other points of views. i am just sharing mine, and quite interested in what other people think on this topic. i might learn something or be able to think about things i didn't think of before.
If everyone produces more, while everyone consumes less, we will have a recession. This economy is dependent on consumption. If everyone produces more and spends less, inventories will rise as retails sales fall. The results will be layoffs and a recession.

so here is my opinion:

--------------------

If everyone produces more, while everyone consumes less, we will have a recession. This economy is dependent on consumption. If everyone produces more and spends less, inventories will rise as retails sales fall. The results will be layoffs and a recession.
yeah if you isolate it to 1 little shop, in 1 period of time. then yes. but in the long run, and in the grand scheme of things, if people consume less, then the business that are not needed will die off. it only harms them. then they go go allocate their works to actually producing more, and thus we all have more. it would change the structure of the economy, BUT as long as people can adapt quickly and easily and be informed of what their economy needs, it won't really cause people to skip much of a beat. just a skip and a hop and they are right back on track and so is the economy.

that's just how i see it. i could be wrong.

so here is my opinion:

--------------------

yeah if you isolate it to 1 little shop, in 1 period of time. then yes. but in the long run, and in the grand scheme of things, if people consume less, then the business that are not needed will die off. it only harms them. then they go go allocate their works to actually producing more, and thus we all have more. it would change the structure of the economy, BUT as long as people can adapt quickly and easily and be informed of what their economy needs, it won't really cause people to skip much of a beat. just a skip and a hop and they are right back on track and so is the economy.

that's just how i see it. i could be wrong.
When you lose your job, your business has to close, your IRA you're counting on to retire is worth half what is was a year ago, you're not going care what happens in the long run or in grand scheme of things. You and millions of others are going to be demanding Washington pump more money into economy to increase consumption and provide businesses incentives to expand. Only academics are interested in restructuring the economy.

so here is my opinion:

--------------------

WTF?
Where are you from?

What you're endorsing is a recipe of a recession.
explain how you feel that way, i could be wrong on all i said, i just want to hear details of your way of thinking as to why you feel that way.

Flopper already did a good job of that, without even having to deconstruct your assumptions that people aren't already producing at maximum capacity, or consuming at minimum necessity. This is pretty fundamental stuff. You are confusing personal finances with the economy.

Forum List

Back