Reagan Tied The Republican Party To White Christians, Now They Are Trapped

No political party is bound to anything except countering the other party to win elections.

Have you not heard Joe Biden's religious rhetoric?
Joe needs to get right with god...he is going to see him soon based on his walking and talking fails
Joe made his choice when he ran for President. along and easy profitable road for a half century will end for him in D.C. We will probably get a Stalin like funeral for three months but joe will be in hell long before the final salute to him is made.
Joe is in hell now, along with the democrat party...watch out for that stairwell Joe!!!!

Trump LOST by 8 million votes.

And? I simply pointed out that Trump received a higher percentage of minority votes than any Republican since 1960.

And if you had a brain with which to think you would then wonder how that fact could lead to Bidet... errrr... Biden winning at all.

Please make sure that you identify the specific denominations/sects of these "white Christians" you are talking about. It is grievously insulting to tie all of whites who follow the Christian faith with these people.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry Goldwater

Barry Goldwater also thought that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea. Do you think that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea, because BARRY said so?

Agree with the prescience of his quote, disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights bill.

So, he's not an Authority we should defer to, just some guy that happened to agree with you on one thing.

So, why you sharing this with us?

It was an apropos quote based on the OP. You don’t agree with it. :shrug:

Some guy agrees with hte op. So? I disagree with the op. I am also some guy. We are at an impasse.

oh no, what to do.

What is this thread about, other than your anti-Christian bigotry?

Nice Straw man, please point out where I supported anti-Christian bigotry?

In your posts where you act as though being supported by a Christian group is a bad thing.

That's anti-Christian bigotry.

If some white guy just talked about the dems being supported by blacks, as though it was inherently bad, you would be able to see that that was racist.

Such things work BOTH WAYS.

I know that is an alien concept to you, but it is true.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry Goldwater

Barry Goldwater also thought that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea. Do you think that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea, because BARRY said so?
except more democrats voted against it compared to republicans...you forgot that..inconvenient truth

Which has what to do with the topic?

What are you talking about? Whites as a group have gone for the gop in every election since Johnson.

That White Protestants go with this flow, is to be expected.

No point in talking with him, let alone reason. He still seems obsessed with Trump and is unaware what is going on in today’s world. He is stuck on stupid.

But that applies to all dems. If we follow it though to the logical conclusion, then talking is a waste of time and it is time to start busting heads.

GOP leaders and the conservative media ecosystem have spent the last few weeks focused on inflaming the culture wars. They’ve railed against the decision to stop publishing six Dr. Seuss books, falsely claiming that the childhood classics have fallen victim to liberal cancel culture, and complained about changes to the Potato Head line of toys.

Simultaneously, Republican state lawmakers have continued waging a war on democracy, passing new laws that would eliminate vote-by-mail and early voting programs that were popular with Democrats in 2020, especially among minority communities. According to the Brennan Center for Justice, Republican lawmakers have introduced more than 165 bills in 33 states to limit ballot access.

On the surface, these topics seem disconnected, but in reality, they share a crucial commonality that shapes today’s Republican Party — one that dates back to the 1984 Republican National Convention held in Dallas. It was there that Republicans cemented an alliance with evangelical White Protestants, in the process creating a demographic and generational time bomb that is now exploding in their face.

A dangerous cancel culture to the country, and themselves.
what does being Christian have to do with wanting voting security and making voting laws how they were prior to changing them simply for COVID?

and how is it "cancel culture" to NOT want to cancel books? or laugh at the idea that the Mr. Potato Head folks wanted to do?

― Barry Goldwater

Agree with the prescience of his quote, disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights bill.

So, he's not an Authority we should defer to, just some guy that happened to agree with you on one thing.

Some guy agrees with hte op. So? I disagree with the op. I am also some guy. We are at an impasse.

oh no, what to do.

In your posts where you act as though being supported by a Christian group is a bad thing.

If some white guy just talked about the dems being supported by blacks, as though it was inherently bad, you would be able to see that that was racist.

Got it, so you got nothing but a fallacious opinion with the intent of picking a fight.

Dismissed

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Actually, the thread is about how the Republicans are now tied to a shrinking base, that will continue to shrink, and cost them elections. There is no scenario, in which Republicans win with only white Christians.

Who are the largest bloc of bigots in the country.

Reagan used Nixons southern strategy, with the help of Liberty University's Jerry Falwell, who was still angry about losing the school segregation war, and created a new boogeyman for the white bigot base.

Abortion.

Which ironically enough, Reagan supported up to that point, until coached otherwise, so he escalated Nixons drug war, and now the bigot base had their new agenda.

So now that has blown up in their face, and they moved on to their new agenda of hate against Muslims, then immigrants crossing the border, to BLM and Antifa, to their latest enemy, Asians.

1. The white demographic bloc has been stabile. It has not shrunk, at least not significantly yet.

2. The religious right is only one part of the Republican Party. Are you ignorant or lying?

3. Correct, we cannot win elections while the dem keep a lock on minority votes. That is why challenging your wace baiting is so important.

4. Christians whites have supported equality for blacks since before I was born. You are a liar and a divisive asshole.

5. The Southern Strategy is a myth. EVERY TIME, I challenge a lib to support it, they can find nothing to support their bullshit but empty rhetoric and secret code words. It is absurd.

6. Abortion is a valid issue. Plenty of conservative minority voters are pro-life. Which is why lying about wacism is so important to libs. Have to keep the blacks and browns terrified of the evul white wacists.

7. The Drug War is a valid issue. Plenty of minorities don't want drugs killing their people. Which is why lying about wacism is so important to libs. Have to keep the blacks and browns terrified of the evul white wacists.

8. Wow what a gish gallop of bullshit. The GOP does not consider asians an enemy. Just more lying about wacism from you to scare minorities into voting against the gop. You are terrified of defending your policies based on their resultss.

9. You are wace baiting asshole. Fuck you.

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Actually, the thread is about how the Republicans are now tied to a shrinking base, that will continue to shrink, and cost them elections. There is no scenario, in which Republicans win with only white Christians.

Reagan used Nixons southern strategy, with the help of Liberty University's Jerry Falwell, who was still angry about losing the school segregation war, and created a new boogeyman for the white bigot base.

Abortion.

Which ironically enough, Reagan supported up to that point, until coached otherwise, so he escalated Nixons drug war, and now the bigot base had their new agenda.

So now that has blown up in their face, and they moved on to their new agenda of hate against Muslims, then immigrants crossing the border, to BLM and Antifa, to their latest enemy, Asians.
this entire thread is essentially a racist rant against white people

Yep. If the races were reverse, and I posted the thread, they would be able to see it.

When was the last time you saw a republican attacking the dems BECASUE they are supported by black churches?

We might criticize the churches because we think they are making the wrong choice. But we don't act as though the SUPPORT OF BLACK CHURCHES is a bad thing in of itself.

Teh dem party is still the party of racism is has always been. .

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Abortion.

we get it....you are a racist and hate white people...probably because they rock!!!! and u dont

Imagine if some republican attacked the Dems because they are supported by minorities.

THe liberals heads would explode.

1616502075210.png

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Got it, so you got nothing but a fallacious opinion with the intent of picking a fight.

Dismissed

I just called you out on your racist shit, and you are the one that got nothing to defend yourself with.

Loser.

― Barry Goldwater

The "civil rights" bill was a legislative abomination.

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Dismissed

I just called you out on your racist shit, and you are the one that got nothing to defend yourself with.

Loser.

Thanks for proving my signature correct. :)

White flag accepted.

Last edited:

― Barry Goldwater

except more democrats voted against it compared to republicans...you forgot that..inconvenient truth

The inconvenient truth is that opposition to the CRA was regional, not political.

The House of Representatives:[27]
  • Northern: 281–32 (90–10%)
    • Southern: 8–94 (8–92%)
The Senate:[27]
  • Northern: 72–6 (92–8%)
    • Southern: 1–21 (5–95%) – Ralph Yarborough of Texas was the only Southerner to vote in favor in the Senate

― Barry Goldwater

The inconvenient truth is that opposition to the CRA was regional, not political.

The House of Representatives:[27]
  • Northern: 281–32 (90–10%)
    • Southern: 8–94 (8–92%)
The Senate:[27]
  • Northern: 72–6 (92–8%)
    • Southern: 1–21 (5–95%) – Ralph Yarborough of Texas was the only Southerner to vote in favor in the Senate
yep,...and the Dems had a stronghold of power in the South...heck how many northern Dems have even been President? Since Jack Kennedy...one? The Dems controlled the region then....they didn't control much of anywhere else. After the power was broken in the South, due to the Voting Rights Act, the Dems lost control of the South, and many moved to other regions. Now we are seeing the South have some economic booms, while cities run by Dems are having economic issues.

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Dismissed

Loser.

Thanks for proving my signature correct. :)

White flag accepted.

1616506205166.png

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Abortion.

1. The white demographic bloc has been stabile. It has not shrunk, at least not significantly yet.

2. The religious right is only one part of the Republican Party. Are you ignorant or lying?

3. Correct, we cannot win elections while the dem keep a lock on minority votes. That is why challenging your wace baiting is so important.

4. Christians whites have supported equality for blacks since before I was born. You are a liar and a divisive asshole.

5. The Southern Strategy is a myth. EVERY TIME, I challenge a lib to support it, they can find nothing to support their bullshit but empty rhetoric and secret code words. It is absurd.

6. Abortion is a valid issue. Plenty of conservative minority voters are pro-life. Which is why lying about wacism is so important to libs. Have to keep the blacks and browns terrified of the evul white wacists.

7. The Drug War is a valid issue. Plenty of minorities don't want drugs killing their people. Which is why lying about wacism is so important to libs. Have to keep the blacks and browns terrified of the evul white wacists.

8. Wow what a gish gallop of bullshit. The GOP does not consider asians an enemy. Just more lying about wacism from you to scare minorities into voting against the gop. You are terrified of defending your policies based on their resultss.

9. You are wace baiting asshole. Fuck you.

You can't spell. It's "race," not "wace." What Christian denomination do you follow? By your filthy talk, who of any race can consider you a believer in the teachings of Jesus? You seem to be of European ethnicity, but not a follower of Jesus' teachings. You seem to think that anyone who believes in the teachings that Jesus left behind has something to do with the republican party. Please explain why you mix the Christian faith with US politics, race, and gender.

Please be advised that you live in a country in which citizens of different genders, different colors, and different spiritual beliefs live.

Forum List

Back