Reaching for a firearm during a police stop....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
is a really, really bad idea.

Mike brown tried it, Alton Sterling tried it and our young man in Minnesota looked like he was trying it.

All in all we're talking about a very bad plan when it comes to behavior while in the process of being hailed to stop or in a state of pre-arrest by local law enforcement.

Now I am troubled by what appears to be a skin color skew in the numbers of these incidents. I am not by any means convinced however that this means there is a predilection on the part of police to shoot people of color. I am rather more certain that for reasons of cultural and demographic disparity the number of opportunities for such things to happen is higher with blacks than it is Caucasians. For instance here is a solid fact from the WSJ a well respected source that usually checks its stuff before printing it.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth...tter-146808745

Police officers—of all races—are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police.

Notice that the opening sentence makes clear the Police officers of ALL RACES are disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Now why is that exactly?

Could it be that in the world of the young black man guns have become a rite of passage as a problem solver?

Especially in Urban areas? Why yes that does seem to be the case. Additionally with the dialogue of the past fifty years starting with Lyndon Johnson...Blacks have been coached into the opinion that all power structure here in America is White and biased. That is a lie of course but if you are told over and over again that " THE MAN " is a bigot and therefore the people the work for " THE MAN " are also bigots and especially haters of blacks....it begins to catch.

Consider the career path of the average young black urbanite male. Raised on rap music...treated to gang life as an alternative to family life....rabble roused by the race pimps and the radical black anarchists who they see as heroes....and then set loose to make their own way with an illegally obtained weapon and a drug culture for employment. Hmmm....yes it would appear that POLICE/GUN incidents with young black males are likely to be far more common for a number of reasons and therefore the mishaps that accompany that number will also be more common....but not disproportionate:; They are in fact in perfect proportion to the cause which is not skin color but cultural deceit coupled with the cultuvated fear that law enforcement is not a protection for black people but entrappement instead.

Thank you lefty for your service to the black community.

While the Baton Rouge case CLEARLY shows Alton Sterling going for a gun, I don't see that Philando Castile was reaching for anything but the ID the cop demanded.

I am quite sure the cop messed up in that instance...it is going to happen and it is going to happen to pull overs of all skin colors.

JO

The pigs are targeting people they know have CC permits, and they're gunning them down.

That's what this is all about.

Forum List

Back