Rather Tired Winchester Model 1906 .22 Rifle

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
LOL....I found this 1920s era Winchester Model 1906 pump .22 today in my travels. 20" barrel. I gave $150.00 for it.....I figure after "mission creep" I'll end-up with around $190.00 in it.

06 001 (3).JPG

No finish left though mechanically sound.

For some odd reason two 20s era Japanese coins were stuck in the side of it....I replaced them with some brass sheet.

06 003 (2).JPG

The front mag tube hanger was missing and someone had just wrapped it in brass wire. I ordered a replacement front hanger as what was left of the old hanger/pin was still there.

It had the wrong front sight but I had the correct one and replaced it.....I took it down to my range and shot it....Shoots just fine with CCI Standard.....It's a fun little rifle. :)

Last edited:
I remembered I had a vintage Brauer Bros. Take-Down carry case in nice shape a guy gave me last year and dug it out.....The 1906 fits perfectly.

c 001 (2).JPG

It was designed to fit 20, 22, and 24" barrels...The long part holds the barrel receiver half. and the smaller compartment (with the two snaps) the buttstock/other half of the receiver.

The buckled compartment on top was for a tube with a cleaning kit and enough room was left for a box of ammo.

Carry for a more refined time. ;)

Forum List

Back