Ranked Choice Voting on Smerconish Today

Of course you do. Partisans love lesser-of-two-evils. All they have to to is scare people to win. That's a lot easier than real leadership.
And rigged choice voting is going to keep giving you more of the same, with only the most mediocre and ethically malleable ending up winning....The results are coming in to show this, yet you remain in denial.

And rigged choice voting is going to keep giving you more of the same, with only the most mediocre and ethically malleable ending up winning....The results are coming in to show this, yet you remain in denial.
Sure man. Fear. Fear. Evils. Lesser. You must vote for shitty candidates because - evil, fear, etc, etc, etc....

Still not gonna vote for shitty candidates.

Sure man. Fear. Fear. Evils. Lesser. You must vote for shitty candidates because - evil, fear, etc, etc, etc....

Still not gonna vote for shitty candidates.
I don't vote at all....Puts me in the best observer position, while you're mired in the hopium buzz of rigged choice voting.

Over 60% of votes in the recent Alaska election went republican, and a mediocre token democrat won the seat....Same is likely to happen in the Murkowski race....LP will NEVER EVER get enough 2nd place votes to pull out an election.

All your newfangled elecgtion Rube Goldberg will give Murica is more shitty leftists.

I don't vote at all....Puts me in the best observer position, while you're mired in the hopium buzz of rigged choice voting.
Nope. You're flinging the fear for Trumpsters. Go team!
Over 60% of votes in the recent Alaska election went republican, and a mediocre token democrat won the seat....Same is likely to happen in the Murkowski race....LP will NEVER EVER get enough 2nd place votes to pull out an election.

All your newfangled elecgtion Rube Goldberg will give Murica is more shitty leftists.
You're too fucking lazy to read about it, instead, just consuming the partisan drivel from the majors. Seriously - all your posts on this topic have merely discredited you, because you clearly don't understand it. You're just mad Palin lost.

Nope. You're flinging the fear for Trumpsters. Go team!
The Trumpsters are the Trumpsters....Mine is one-member team: Me.
You're too fucking lazy to read about it, instead, just consuming the partisan drivel from the majors. Seriously - all your posts on this topic have merely discredited you, because you clearly don't understand it. You're just mad Palin lost.
I've read all about it....Sounded marginally plausible on paper....In practice, it gets the mediocre authoritarian leftist kooks elected, primarily because the left is the biggest gaggle of disparate interest groups in human history, that can flood the ballot with leftist kooks and remain in power....NEVER EVER will they chose so much as a mushy republican, (Romney, Graham, et. al.) or a libertarian as 2nd or 3rd over a mushy democrat, like Janet Mills.

You're high as fuck on the same hopium that the "fair tax" nutbars were banging up 20 years ago.

The Trumpsters are the Trumpsters....Mine is one-member team: Me.

I've read all about it....Sounded marginally plausible on paper....In practice, it gets the mediocre authoritarian leftist kooks elected, primarily because the left is the biggest gaggle of disparate interest groups in human history, that can flood the ballot with leftist kooks and remain in power....NEVER EVER will they chose so much as a mushy republican, (Romney, Graham, et. al.) or a libertarian as 2nd or 3rd over a mushy democrat, like Janet Mills.
I hear you. It's nothing but a short-term, partisan issue for you. You're circle jerking to the culture war mambo. Beat the libs at all cost! Even when the cost is your principles, your values, or sane government.

You're high as fuck on the same hopium that the "fair tax" nutbars were banging up 20 years ago.
Mm.. no, no relation between the two at all.

RCV does away with lesser-of-two-evils, which is why the lessers, on the left and the right, are united in opposing it. With RCV it will be a lot harder to scare the rubes into voting for your jackass.

I hear you. It's nothing but a short-term partisan issue for you. You're circle jerking to the culture war mambo. Beat the libs at all cost! Even when the cost is your principles, your values, or sane government.
I'm citing results....You're re-re-reiterating jabbering points from a hopium-induced stupor.
Mm.. no, no relation between those at all. RCV does away with lesser-of-two-evils, which is why the lessers, on the left and the right, are united in opposition.
No, it doesn't do away with it....It merely muddies the watter by injecting more candidates who don't have any hope of winning, in order to keep the status quo authoritarians in power.....Which we know the democrats will never ever exploit, by propping up shill candidates.

Still, the best current evidence that Rigged Choice Voting is a scam, is who imposed it upon the Alaskans: the Murkowski dynasty....Can't even win majority support from her own party, so she'll rely upon the fractional 2nd and 3rd place votes to remain in power.

You newfangled scam keeps the evelist of evil in power, and you can't even look at the results that are right under your fucking nose.

I'm citing results....You're re-re-reiterating jabbering points from a hopium-induced stupor.
Yes. And your only complaint about the results is that a Democrat won in Alaska.
No, it doesn't do away with it...
Yes. It does. And your stubborn refusal to admit that, for purely partisan reasons, is just one of the ways you've jumped the shark.
.It merely muddies the watter by injecting more candidates who don't have any hope of winning, in order to keep the status quo authoritarians in power.....Which we know the democrats will never ever exploit, by propping up shill candidates.
You're repeating a partisan lie. It does exactly the opposite of what you claim. It protects candidates from the spoiler effect. With RCV, Bush would have won in '88, and the Clintons would be an historical footnote. Are you really too stupid to realize that? Or is this just PR for the partisan circle jerk?
Still, the best current evidence that Rigged Choice Voting is a scam, is who imposed it upon the Alaskans: the Murkowski dynasty....Can't even win majority support from her own party, so she'll rely upon the fractional 2nd and 3rd place votes to remain in power.
Again, your ignorance of how RCV works (whether deliberate or feigned), discredits everything you're saying. The reason why Palin lost - the only reason - is because more Alaskan voters ranked Murkowski ahead of Palin, than ranked Palin ahead of Murkowski. It's exactly that simple. The number and political affiliation of the other candidates is completely irrelevant.

Yes. And you're only complaint about the results is that a Democrat won in Alaska.

Yes. It does. And your stubborn refusal to admit that, for purely partisan reasons, is just one of the ways you've jumped the shark.

The irony of this lie, is that it actually protects candidates from the spoiler effect. It does exactly the opposite of what you claim. It protects candidates from the spoiler effect. With RCV, Bush would have won in '88, and the Clintons would be an historical footnote. Are you really too stupid to realize that? Or is the just PR for the partisan circle jerk?

Again, your ignorance of how RCV works (whether deliberate or feigned), discredits everything you're saying. The reason why Palin lost - the only reason - is because more Alaskan voters ranked Murkowski ahead of Palin, than ranked Palin ahead of Murkowski. It's exactly that simple. The number and political affiliation of the other candidates is completely irrelevant.

You're sucking Satan's cock. Enjoy.
What-fucking-ever.

Palin is a diversion from the issue....She's as mediocre as any of them.

Your scam has shown the results of putting sub-mediocrities and power mad despots into power, and is supported by one of the most corrupt political dynasties the nation has ever known, yet you cling to it like child with a death grip on his security blankie.

Results speak much more loudly than your theoretical, navel gazing, whataboutery hopium....I've got the results....You have a hand full of dick.

What-fucking-ever.

Palin is a diversion from the issue....She's as mediocre as any of them,

Your scam has shown the results of putting mediocrities
If what you mean by "mediocre" is "less offensive", you might have a point. That means trolls like Trump and Sanders won't win. Boo-fucking-hoo.
and power mad despots into power
Evidence. Prove it. Quote it. You're lying.
, and is supported by one of the most corrupt political dynasties the nation has ever known, yet you cling to it like child with a death grip on his security blankie.
Mainstream Dems are pushing back against RCV. They fear it as much as the Trumpster Twats.

Results speak much more loudly than your theoretical, navel gazing, whataboutery hopium....I've got the results.
You've got partisan fear mongering, because you're too chickenshit to stand up for real principles.

No, it couldn't. That's the entire point of RCV.
Your mathematics is flawed.

If 24% select Jane Doe as their candidate and she ends up getting a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place votes to give her a majority...she was still the first choice of only 24% of the electorate.

People like candy might not realize the system we have now is fucked. People like her dont realize that biden and trump are the bottom of the barrel. Hell, she is proud of the senile pants shitter. She will get on here and defend, deflect and gas light for him at the cost of her own dignity and integrity.
You cease to be worth the effort.

Biden has been in public service for like 40 years. Hardly the "bottom of the barrel". He wasn't my first choice in the general election but in our binary system, he got my vote and has my support. The blob? He's pure shit.
IDK if RCV is the answer, but the system we have now is complete shit. The duopoly owns our elections and their cultists are happy to keep it going that way.
Of course, the voters are the biggest problem. Not the people taking advantage of them dumbfucks. They are simply a consequence.
I'd be quite happy if we had 4 or 5 strong parties. Again...your lazy assessments speak volumes about how seriously you take yourself.
We get the government we deserve. This is why I'm not feeling sorry for Mississippians and their water issues. They keep electing republicans who will never spend the necessary funds to stop being Mississippi. So you get what you pay for. Nothing.

The reason why Palin lost - the only reason - is because more Alaskan voters ranked Murkowski ahead of Palin, than ranked Palin ahead of Murkowski. It's exactly that simple. The number and political affiliation of the other candidates is completely irrelevant.
Palin didn't run against Murkowski. Wrong election slick.

Biden has been in public service for like 40 years. Hardly the "bottom of the barrel". He wasn't my first choice in the general election but in our binary system, he got my vote and has my support. The blob? He's pure shit.
he is shit. Biden shits himself. YOU contribute to the bullshit. Grow up dumbass.
Again...your lazy assessments speak volumes about how seriously you take yourself.
Reality is reality. I cant help. You are part of the problem i was speaking of. You talk of wanting options, but you contribute to the duopoly. Because you are a dumbass.
I dont understand why people contribute to things they supposedly dislike. Its fucking mind blowing.

he is shit. Biden shits himself. YOU contribute to the bullshit. Grow up dumbass.
Again...you reduce yourself to my giggling at you when you make such ridiculous statements.
Reality is reality.
Yes it is. You're a fucking idiot and that is reality.
I cant help.
No kidding. You've likely been a fucking idiot since birth.
You are part of the problem i was speaking of.
Your problems go a lot deeper than anyone else. Your misery is your own creation.
You talk of wanting options, but you contribute to the duopoly. Because you are a dumbass.
And by not voting for anyone with a chance of winning....how do you imagine that helps create a third party being viable when the candidates they field are a collection of morons. They're not as idiotic as you are but they are not far from it.
I dont understand why people contribute to things they supposedly dislike. Its fucking mind blowing.
I like that the person who gets the most first place votes wins. Like Biden got more votes than your blob. You've been pissed about it for over a year now. Eat shit and fuck off.

welcome to ignore <plink!>

Again...you reduce yourself to my giggling at you when you make such ridiculous statements.
he also showered with his daughter. With your history of defending that, im sure thats ridiculous too.
Yes it is. You're a fucking idiot and that is reality.
If im an idiot, what does that make you? I kick your ass on here all the time.
No kidding. You've likely been a fucking idiot since birth.
you have nothing. As usual.
Your problems go a lot deeper than anyone else. Your misery is your own creation.
you ARE part of the problem. It isnt my fault you contribute to things you supposedly dislike. Do you ever read the asinine shit you post?
And by not voting for anyone with a chance of winning....how do you imagine that helps create a third party being viable when the candidates they field are a collection of morons. They're not as idiotic as you are but they are not far from it.
so you are saying showing your support for the duopoly, helps a third party? :rofl:
I like that the person who gets the most first place votes wins. Like Biden got more votes than your blob. You've been pissed about it for over a year now. Eat shit and fuck off.

welcome to ignore <plink!>
I dont even like trump, you binary dipshit.
Ignore me, coward. Like i was will miss your stupid ass :lol:
Candy = "i hope i dont get bit by this snake. (10 seconds later)Let me go play with it and toss it around. Just annoy the piss out of it. <gets bit by snake> Why did this snake do this to me! wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh"
:rofl:

Your mathematics is flawed.

If 24% select Jane Doe as their candidate and she ends up getting a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place votes to give her a majority...she was still the first choice of only 24% of the electorate.
Yes - if you only count the first choice votes, it's no better than a regular election. But in RCV, if your first choice doesn't win, your vote goes to your second choice, or third, on down the list. Ultimately, no candidate can win unless they get a majority of the votes. When it comes down to that lest two standing, the winner will be the candidate that the majority of voters preferred.

If some voters don't rank other candidates, the system is less effective at diminishing the spoiler effect, but unless no one ranks at all, it's never as bad as our current system. In that worst case scenario, where every single voter is as stupid as Sarah Palin and refuses to rank other candidates, the election goes down exactly as it would under plurality voting. It can only be better when it comes to getting rid of lesser-of-two-evils.

Yes - if you only count the first choice votes, it's no better than a regular election. But in RCV, if your first choice doesn't win, your vote goes to your second choice, or third, on down the list. Ultimately, no candidate can win unless they get a majority of the votes. When it comes down to that lest two standing, the winner will be the candidate that the majority of voters preferred.

If some voters don't rank other candidates, the system is less effective at diminishing the spoiler effect, but unless no one ranks at all, it's never as bad as our current system. In that worst case scenario, where every single voter is as stupid as Sarah Palin and refuses to rank other candidates, the election goes down exactly as it would under plurality voting. It can only be better when it comes to getting rid of lesser-of-two-evils.
So we then get the lesser of eighteen evils!

guinness-brilliant1.jpg

Maybe giving elections back to the people instead of evil corporations would be a good idea.

Biden has been in public service for like 40 years. Hardly the "bottom of the barrel".
Partisans defending their idiots is pretty much the best advertisement there is for RCV.
We get the government we deserve.
Yep. If we're too goddamn short-sighted and stupid as a nation to change a system that is clearly broken, we deserve the shitshow.

Forum List

Back