Random attack on American who thwarted terror attack in France...or is it?

Especially odd when you consider that one of the other servicemen who thwarted that attack was supposed to be enrolled at UCC and in class the day an anti-Christian man with out of country ties killed 9 people in a mass shooting.

Get ready to see stuff like this a lot more often:

"Spencer Stone, one of three Americans who stopped a suspected terror attack on a train in France in August, was stabbed early Thursday in Sacramento and is in stable condition, Air Force officials said."

"“There’s no motive,” Trapani said. “It appears to be a random deal.”

France train hero Spencer Stone is stabbed in Sacramento, in serious condition

"No motive"? "Random -- or is it"?

Read your own link:

>> Thursday's stabbing, which took place around 12:46 a.m. near 21st and K streets, was part of a "very unfortunate altercation between two groups of folks who were enjoying the nightlife" in Sacramento's midtown area, Deputy Police Chief Ken Bernard told reporters.

Stone was stabbed multiple times in the upper body but is expected to survive, according to police. Bernard said that the stabbing was "not related to terrorism in any way," and that there's no indication that whoever stabbed Stone knew who he was.

... That part of Sacramento where Stone was stabbed is home to a number of nightclubs.

Scott Kearns, 56, who runs a smoke shop on the same block during the day and manages a club on weekends, said the area is congested late at night and there are frequent altercations involving young people who have consumed too much alcohol.

"We don't get a lot of stabbings, but we get a lot of assaults, you know, drunk, stupid people," Kearns said. "It's been getting worse." <<​

Mebbe dey was jealous of him...

Train Hero Airman Cheered by Well Wishers Moments Before Stabbing
Oct 10, 2015 | Spencer Stone, the U.S. airman and hero of the Paris-bound train attacks, was reported up on his feet and in good spirits at UC Davis Medical Center on Friday, two days after being stabbed three times on a midtown street when a celebratory night turned suddenly violent.
Police continued their search for his attackers, saying in a press release Friday they are looking for two Asian men and a woman who fled the scene in a Toyota Camry moments after Stone was stabbed during a 12:45 a.m. fight in the intersection at 21st and K streets. Doctors upgraded Stone's condition from serious to fair on Friday after surgery on three stab wounds. Stone, 23, made international headlines two months ago when he and Alek Skarlatos and Anthony Sadler, boyhood friends from Sacramento, tackled and subdued a would-be terrorist on a Paris-bound train. The man was armed with an AK-47, a Luger pistol and a box cutter. Stone suffered cuts to the neck and a deep wound on a thumb in that incident. Thursday morning's stabbing happened just minutes after Stone had been cheered and feted by a crowd of well-wishers at the Badlands nightclub, Ron Scharffer, Badlands promotions and media director, told The Sacramento Bee. The alleged assailants were not in the club that night, Scharffer said.

airman-spencer-stone-428.jpg

A promoter at the club introduced Spencer to the club DJ, who also is in the military. "They pulled him up onstage and introduced him to the crowd, and the crowd was cheering," Scharffer said. "After he got on stage, everybody wanted to talk to him. The whole club was cheering." "According to staff, he had a couple of drinks with friends -- nothing too much," Scharffer added. At that point his group left the club, the doorman saw him leave. Nothing transpired within the club." What happened outside on the block remains uncertain. In a statement issued Friday afternoon, police said at some point "a confrontation with a second group of subjects occurred. That confrontation escalated into a physical fight and the stabbing of Airman Stone." Stone suffered three stab wounds in the melee, which was captured in blurry images by a video camera from a nearby liquor store. He underwent successful surgery Thursday. Medical center officials declined to disclose the nature of the surgery.

Police were quick to say the fight was not connected to Stone's heroics in France. "This incident is not related to terrorism in any way, and we know it's not related to what occurred in France months ago," Sacramento Deputy Police Chief Ken Bernard told reporters on Thursday. Police released a video Friday that shows two men and a woman getting into a car and fleeing the area where Stone was stabbed. The car is believed to be a dark-colored 2009 to 2012 Toyota Camry. Police described the men as Asian adults wearing white shirts and blue jeans. Police have declined to provide details of their investigation, but said in a Friday press statement that detectives are interviewing witnesses to "understand the chain of events that led to the stabbing."

MORE

"Spencer Stone, one of three Americans who stopped a suspected terror attack on a train in France in August, was stabbed early Thursday in Sacramento and is in stable condition, Air Force officials said."

Read your own link:

>> Thursday's stabbing, which took place around 12:46 a.m. near 21st and K streets, was part of a "very unfortunate altercation between two groups of folks who were enjoying the nightlife" in Sacramento's midtown area, Deputy Police Chief Ken Bernard told reporters.

Stone was stabbed multiple times in the upper body but is expected to survive, according to police. Bernard said that the stabbing was "not related to terrorism in any way," and that there's no indication that whoever stabbed Stone knew who he was.

... That part of Sacramento where Stone was stabbed is home to a number of nightclubs.

Scott Kearns, 56, who runs a smoke shop on the same block during the day and manages a club on weekends, said the area is congested late at night and there are frequent altercations involving young people who have consumed too much alcohol.

"We don't get a lot of stabbings, but we get a lot of assaults, you know, drunk, stupid people," Kearns said. "It's been getting worse." <<​
Considering they don't even have the suspects in custody, there's no way to determine their motives. This was sloppy journalism and reckless speculation by the police. You have to use your brain and be smarter than the news you read.

Wait. I'm talking to a leftist. Never mind.

Read your own link:

Considering they don't even have the suspects in custody, there's no way to determine their motives. This was sloppy journalism and reckless speculation by the police. You have to use your brain and be smarter than the news you read.

Then why did you respond to my post? You just completely agreed with what I posted.
You know that, right?

Read your own link:

Then why did you respond to my post? You just completely agreed with what I posted.
You know that, right?
Silly Leftist. You're the one insinuating murder in a case of a CCW carrier stopping a robbery.

Different thread, I know, but you're doing the same thing here from the opposite side, absolving the criminal thugs of terrorist intent when in fact you don't know because they haven't been caught. That makes you just as irresponsible as the police.

Read your own link:

You know that, right?
Silly Leftist. You're the one insinuating murder in a case of a CCW carrier stopping a robbery.

Different thread, I know, but you're doing the same thing here from the opposite side, absolving the criminal thugs of terrorist intent when in fact you don't know because they haven't been caught. That makes you just as irresponsible as the police.

You don't reed two gud.
The assumption here is on the part of the OP; I pointed out ----- in her own source article, no less, quoted verbatim ----- why that assumption has no basis and in fact is contraindicated.

Refute that.

I have not "insinuated murder". In that thread, which as you note is not this thread, I did much the same thing, i.e. pointed out that his own source article --- which I also quoted, verbatim --- did not support his hypotheses. Which they didn't.

Refute that.

Forum List

Back