Race Differences In Tipping: Questions And Answers For The Restaurant Industry

Probably a reflection of racism in the US. Why would I tip someone that gives me inferior service? I'm not one of those Black people that tip to make up for other Black people not tipping or tipping low amounts. If you do a good job you get a good tip. If you do a poor job you get little to no tip at all.

It's safe to say you're in the "bad tipper" category. No surprise there!

Its safe to say you are dumb if you think I should pay for someone giving me poor service in addition to helping the establishment keep stiffing their workers. If they paid the help what they were worth then this would be a pointless issue.
Is this the nonsense you tell yourself to excuse being cheap? Black people are awful tippers, and I know this from working in bars. Most wont leave any tip whatsoever, let alone a small tip. This is yet another clear indicator of the inferiority of black culture. You guys are really shameful. Please start fixing your problems, we would all appreciate it. Thanks.
Only a low brow culture would complain about people tipping. Direct your anger where it belongs....the owners that are too cheap to pay their employees livable wages. Once you realize this you will stop thinking other people should pay for the business owners lack of morals.

Probably a reflection of racism in the US. Why would I tip someone that gives me inferior service? I'm not one of those Black people that tip to make up for other Black people not tipping or tipping low amounts. If you do a good job you get a good tip. If you do a poor job you get little to no tip at all.

Its safe to say you are dumb if you think I should pay for someone giving me poor service in addition to helping the establishment keep stiffing their workers. If they paid the help what they were worth then this would be a pointless issue.

Well that's just it. Your kind thinks everyone delivers bad service thus giving you reason not to tip.

What is a waitress worth?

Is this the nonsense you tell yourself to excuse being cheap? Black people are awful tippers, and I know this from working in bars. Most wont leave any tip whatsoever, let alone a small tip. This is yet another clear indicator of the inferiority of black culture. You guys are really shameful. Please start fixing your problems, we would all appreciate it. Thanks.
Only a low brow culture would complain about people tipping. Direct your anger where it belongs....the owners that are too cheap to pay their employees livable wages. Once you realize this you will stop thinking other people should pay for the business owners lack of morals.
Hilarious justification. Our service industry relies on the tips. You don't like it, make your own damn food and pour your own beer.

I have heard that fundamentalist christians are the worst tippers

Waiters share horror stories about Sunday church crowd - NY Daily News

Nah...you're thinking of Canadians.

Some are. We used to get tour buses from Canada in my restaurant all the time. I would have half a dozen tables and maybe make 10 bucks. At least they were really nice though.

The wife and I go to Negril Jamaica frequently and the Jamaican wait staff would damn near come to blows fighting over who had to help the Canadians and who got the tables of Americans.
I was a bartender in my younger years and I can attest to the fact that blacks dont tip as well as whites in most cases.

Well that's just it. Your kind thinks everyone delivers bad service thus giving you reason not to tip.

If my kind thought that then no one would get tips dummy. By and large most people I encounter get a tip. There are some excellent waiters and waitresses at the places I go. However, you must be fool to think I am going to tip someone that gives me poor service. What kind of a moron are you that pays for bad service?

Hilarious justification. Our service industry relies on the tips. You don't like it, make your own damn food and pour your own beer.

If you work in an industry that relies on tips then you should make sure you earn a tip. You don't get a tip just because you work in the service industry. You get a tip because you provided a above average experience, were helpful, or engaging. Only sheep adhere to dumb customs like paying people money the business owner should be paying them. If I don't like it I simply don't give a tip. If you don't like that sue me.

I've treated male friends and/or colleagues a few times and the waitress fawned over the male and ignored me. Hahaha she gets no tip.

I have heard that fundamentalist christians are the worst tippers

Waiters share horror stories about Sunday church crowd - NY Daily News

Nah...you're thinking of Canadians.

Some are. We used to get tour buses from Canada in my restaurant all the time. I would have half a dozen tables and maybe make 10 bucks. At least they were really nice though.

The wife and I go to Negril Jamaica frequently and the Jamaican wait staff would damn near come to blows fighting over who had to help the Canadians and who got the tables of Americans.
I was a bartender in my younger years and I can attest to the fact that blacks dont tip as well as whites in most cases.

I don't believe there is a racial component either. Black servers in my restaurant would get just as annoyed by the poor tipping. It didn't matter if you were a white or a black server. The tips were still awful.

So do you tip or not?
In one post you say you tip only when the service is good then you go on this rant where you say "Once you realize this you will stop thinking other people should pay for the business owners lack of morals" which pretty much implies you do not tip.

It isnt about the employers. The IRS taxes servers based on a universally recognized tip percentage, so when black people dont tip, it actually costs the server money. Your culture is awful. Fix your shit man.

hmmm, if it's true that blacks don't waste money on tips, does that mean they're smarter than whites?
So you feel that tipping your servers at a restaurant is a waste of money? That tells me more than I want to know about you.
I shall find a tissue. Now how about answering the question?

The only one needing a tissue are the servers you stiffed. As for your question, smarter no, cheaper yes.

So do you tip or not?
In one post you say you tip only when the service is good then you go on this rant where you say "Once you realize this you will stop thinking other people should pay for the business owners lack of morals" which pretty much implies you do not tip.
The lack of consistancy with his posts is due to the fact that he lies, constantly.

So do you tip or not?
The lack of consistancy with his posts is due to the fact that he lies, constantly.

You'll find that in all threads Asslips posts in.

If my kind thought that then no one would get tips dummy. By and large most people I encounter get a tip. There are some excellent waiters and waitresses at the places I go. However, you must be fool to think I am going to tip someone that gives me poor service. What kind of a moron are you that pays for bad service?

First of all, I don't believe you tip well even for excellent service. Secondly, I believe you will find fault in any service to justify a poultry tip.

So do you tip or not?

You must be illiterate if you cant figure that out from my post Its simple. You provide great service you get a great tip. You provide average service you get a average tip. You provide bad service you get nada.

First of all, I don't believe you tip well even for excellent service. Secondly, I believe you will find fault in any service to justify a poultry tip.
Not concerned with what you convicts think. I dont justify what I do to or for anyone. i do it and if you have a problem with it that's your issue.

Last edited:

It isnt about the employers. The IRS taxes servers based on a universally recognized tip percentage, so when black people dont tip, it actually costs the server money. Your culture is awful. Fix your shit man.

Hazards of working in the service industry. If that's your only source of income then you are stupid for depending on others to pay for what the business owner should be paying. Your culture is stupid. Get mad at the tax people and the employers or get a new job.

If you work in an industry that relies on tips then you should make sure you earn a tip. You don't get a tip just because you work in the service industry. You get a tip because you provided a above average experience, were helpful, or engaging. Only sheep adhere to dumb customs like paying people money the business owner should be paying them. If I don't like it I simply don't give a tip. If you don't like that sue me.
I totally agree. You were making justifications in general that you don't like the process of tipping so I responded to that. No one deserves a tip, they are supposed to earn it.

I totally agree. You were making justifications in general that you don't like the process of tipping so I responded to that. No one deserves a tip, they are supposed to earn it.

I wasn't saying I don't like tipping in general. Were did you get that?

Forum List

Back