Quote Function is HorribleCa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvgGuyIA

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2010
Davenport, IA
When I respond to a poster, I click the quote and reply buttons. If the post I'm quoting also contains quotes, they get copied to my reply too. What usually happens is the post I'm quoting doesn't display unless it is expanded, so I have to go into EDIT and delete the other quotes.

Can we have a quote function that does not include the quotes of others or give us a choice if we want to include the other quotes? I'm responding to that person, not the people he replied to.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Actually, it's pretty simple. If you only want to quote PART of someone's text, you highlight the text you want to quote. You then have a choice between +quote/Reply. Hit "Reply" and it will add that text to your reply button.

You're welcome.

Find the post you wan to quote....lick the +QUOTE link...

then add it to your quick reply box by clicking add quote...

then just type your reply.

When I click (tried licking it first) +quote it changes to -quote. I still can't copy what I want to quote. But am I doing it right so far?

When I click (tried licking it first) +quote it changes to -quote. I still can't copy what I want to quote. But am I doing it right so far?
No, click on "REPLY" after highlighting the part you want, rather than quote, unless you want several quotes, then use "QUOTE."

No, click on "REPLY" rather than quote, unless you want several quotes, then use "QUOTE."
I'm clicking reply. It picks up yours and all the others. I just want your reply included in my reply. Not the others. How do I do that? The *quote button does the same as Reply.

No, click on "REPLY" after highlighting the part you want, rather than quote, unless you want several quotes, then use "QUOTE."
Crap!

No, click on "REPLY" rather than quote, unless you want several quotes, then use "QUOTE."
I'm clicking reply. It picks up yours and all the oyhers. I just want your reply included in my reply. Not the others. How do I do that? The *quote button does the same as Reply.
You have to highlight the part of the post you want first. Wait a second or two and a balloon appears with the choice "QUOTE" "REPLY". Choose reply and only the part you highlighted in the post gets quoted.

You have to highlight the part of the post you want first. Wait a second or two and a balloon appears with the choice "QUOTE" "REPLY". Choose reply and only the part you highlighted in the post gets quoted.
You must be a teacher or IT professional.. Your explanation was easy to follow and it worked.. Thanks. You have saved me hours of editing out unwanted quote. Personally I think this should be automatic. I should be able to reply to just the person I'm replying to.

You must be a teacher. Your explanation worked.. Thanks. You have saved me hours of editing out unwanted quote. Personally I think this should be automatic. I should be able to reply to just the person I'm replying to.
Happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back