Question for the ladies, and like-ladies

You better learn to understand pop-culture pressure before your daughter comes home with a bad tattoo or worse , some dip-shit with a load of bad tattoos.

Love at First Bite is the only vampire movie I can remember watching...George without a tan.:lol:

love-first-bite-hamilton.png

My daughter finally persuaded me to watch these "Twilight Saga" movies. Other than being pretty cheesy schlock, one question keeps coming to my mind, why would any girl/woman/female/etc choose some scrawny, pasty-faced, milque-toast looking dude (vampire) over an incredibly buff dude(werewolf)? I understand that tons of young teeny-boppers are truly demented about that vampire character.

Ladies? (Or anyone else who might have a theory.)
I don't get it, either. Why lust after a Johnny Depp when there is The Rock, for example?

My daughter finally persuaded me to watch these "Twilight Saga" movies. Other than being pretty cheesy schlock, one question keeps coming to my mind, why would any girl/woman/female/etc choose some scrawny, pasty-faced, milque-toast looking dude (vampire) over an incredibly buff dude(werewolf)? I understand that tons of young teeny-boppers are truly demented about that vampire character.

Are we talking movies or real life?

If you look... the vampires are not exactly..... unfit. They are also more refined, educated and the ones with means.

I don't get it, either. Why lust after a Johnny Depp when there is The Rock, for example?

heh...i would not lust after either of them....

You better learn to understand pop-culture pressure before your daughter comes home with a bad tattoo or worse , some dip-shit with a load of bad tattoos.

Actually, my daughter is 30 and already has a monster tat that wraps around her abdomen. Fortunately, her hubby of 10 years is anything but a dipshit, although he's got his share of body art too. She didn't get that tat on my watch, either.

Are we talking movies or real life?

If you look... the vampires are not exactly..... unfit. They are also more refined, educated and the ones with means.

I was thinking the money angle might have something to do with the girl's choice, too.

Maybe because the werewolf looks like a llama.

alpa_lautner.png

Yup, definite resemblance.

Different strokes... Johnny Depp gives good brain, he's very sexy imo.

Actually, my daughter is 30 and already has a monster tat that wraps around her abdomen. Fortunately, her hubby of 10 years is anything but a dipshit, although he's got his share of body art too. She didn't get that tat on my watch, either.

My daughter is 31. She has five tattoos, none of which are 'bad.' She works hard, full-time, and has three kids five and under. Her husband has tats as well. They're in church every Sunday, and I love them all madly.

Did he have a point?

Different strokes... Johnny Depp gives good brain, he's very sexy imo.

And he's ever so ugly.

Sorry, I can't stop giggling.

I went to look for an appropriate hot Johnny picture, and found this.

jdpuppy.jpg

My daughter is 31. She has five tattoos, none of which are 'bad.' She works hard, full-time, and has three kids five and under. Her husband has tats as well. They're in church every Sunday, and I love them all madly.

Did he have a point?

Yes. I believe he was referring to lots of dopey kids who like to defy their parents, one way to do so would be tattoos, the nastier, the better. My daughters tats are two Phoenix that curve up from her hips, around to her chest. She has her daughters names tatooed one on each side.
Personally, I hate needles and can't see myself every being tattooed. But if I did get tats, I'd have one on my left butt "if you can read this, you're too close" and on the other cheek, "exit only".

Did he have a point?

Yes. I believe he was referring to lots of dopey kids who like to defy their parents, one way to do so would be tattoos, the nastier, the better. My daughters tats are two Phoenix that curve up from her hips, around to her chest. She has her daughters names tatooed one on each side.
Personally, I hate needles and can't see myself every being tattooed. But if I did get tats, I'd have one on my left butt "if you can read this, you're too close" and on the other cheek, "exit only".

:lol:

I sometimes seriously say "I am going to get a tattoo." She promptly says *very disparagingly, might I add* "No you won't." I get defensive. "I might! It could happen! ... if I'm drunk." "They won't do it if you're drunk."

............. /sigh

Apparently, I won't be getting a tattoo.

Did he have a point?

:lol:

I sometimes seriously say "I am going to get a tattoo." She promptly says *very disparagingly, might I add* "No you won't." I get defensive. "I might! It could happen! ... if I'm drunk." "They won't do it if you're drunk."

............. /sigh

Apparently, I won't be getting a tattoo.

My daughter doesn't push anymore, either. Given the two tats I favor, I'd just have to show them to all her friends.

Well there's Johnny Depp and there's Johnny Depp. In Chocolate he was dreamy. In Pirates of the Caribbean, he was great but not so dreamy. In other roles, he's okay but not spectacular. But I still prefer him over Brad Pitt who I still don't see what the fascination is. But then if we all had the same taste in guys, we would all be fighiting over the same man so it's all good.l

Forum List

Back