Putting Fred To Sleep

Maybe this will make you smile Mike, this little one always makes me smile

img3509f.jpg

Many hugs Mike, losing an old friend like that, so unexpectedly - is hard :( Is that Fred in your Avatar? Looks like a sweet cat too....:(

I appreciate all the support more than I can say.

Even from those that I have heated political disagreemetns from I got some great support.

Also, thank you for all the PMs.

I guess this is something most posters can relate too.

It's still really tough.

I also feel for George, our other cat. He was really pathetic this morning. He kept jumping this morning from myself to my wife as we were in bed.

I think he knows Fred is missing. He was crying and looking around all morning.

As Dante said he lost his best friend.

P.S. My wife wasn't happy I used the picture of Fred with the garbage in the background, but I wanted to show him in his goofy position.

He sat a bit like in the avatar. It was pretty funny. He sat on his butt with his legs out, like he was ready to play poker. He definetly had his quirks that were really humorous.

Also, for the longest time we played fetch with him. We would throw toy mice and he would retrieve them, and bring it back to us.

A friend of my brother in law found him in the woods. He was driving, and heard Fred, as a little kitty, crying and crying pretty loud. He got Fred from the woods, and that's how we got him.

Sorry guys I am grieving.

I thought I was the only one who had a cat that liked to play fetch!

I got Eric the Cat (yes, named after a Python skit) from some woman who lived near the zoo. I swear he was a crazy mutant ninja cat. But he liked us to throw these hard, small, clear plastic rings (the kind that might be on a scarf to hang it on a display) and he'd go and fetch them, bring them back . . . lather, rinse, repeat. He liked us to throw goldfish for him to go and get too. He'd just eat them and not bring them back though. lol

He disappeared one night when he was around 12. He was an inside cat but he kept knocking out the screen from the living room window but I always managed to nab him before he went anywhere. The last I ever did see of him was all tucked under on the living room rug. I put the kids to bed but never noticed the screen out of the window until around 11pm that night. I called and called but didn't find him but really figured I'd find him the next day or so. Sadly, I never did. :(

I sucks when they have to go. I'm sorry you are going through this . . . .

Wow.... sorry to hear that CMIKE.

I was reading your post and it hit a little close to home for me... I got a lil misty eyed, and had to stop reading (Im at work) :(
I love my cats and when we lose one it hurts so bad

My condolences to you and your wife.

Last edited:
Thank you.

George, our other cat, is being pathetic. He keeps following my wife and I whereever we go.

George has some funny quirks too. He brings us presents at night. He brings plastic bags from downstairs up to our bedroom, and makes a funny noice announcing it. We, of course, thank him for the presents.

Our pets can bring us a lot of joy. It's just that when one of them goes it's really very hard.

Thank you.

George, our other cat, is being pathetic. He keeps following my wife and I whereever we go.

George has some funny quirks too. He brings us presents at night. He brings plastic bags from downstairs up to our bedroom, and makes a funny noice announcing it. We, of course, thank him for the presents.

Our pets can bring us a lot of joy. It's just that when one of them goes it's really very hard.

:lol::lol::lol: :(:(:( :lol::lol::lol:

ever laugh and tear up at the same time?

thanks for sharing this.
:cool:

:lol::lol::lol: :(:(:( :lol::lol::lol:

ever laugh and tear up at the same time?

thanks for sharing this.
:cool:

Yeah... reading this thread makes me think of a cat I had for 16 years (Sylvester). He was hit by a car and I was devistated.
I now have a new lil friend who hangs out with me while I work on my rockcrawler (Toyota 4Runner). She follows me everywhere I go while I am outside and then (just like Sylvester) she sleeps on the end of my bed :cool:
randompics015.jpg

g.jpg

58.jpg

60.jpg

I am truly sorrow to hear of your grief. I empathize with you.

He sat a bit like in the avatar. It was pretty funny. He sat on his butt with his legs out, like he was ready to play poker. He definetly had his quirks that were really humorous.

Also, for the longest time we played fetch with him. We would throw toy mice and he would retrieve them, and bring it back to us.

A friend of my brother in law found him in the woods. He was driving, and heard Fred, as a little kitty, crying and crying pretty loud. He got Fred from the woods, and that's how we got him.

Sorry guys I am grieving.

I thought I was the only one who had a cat that liked to play fetch!

I got Eric the Cat (yes, named after a Python skit) from some woman who lived near the zoo. I swear he was a crazy mutant ninja cat. But he liked us to throw these hard, small, clear plastic rings (the kind that might be on a scarf to hang it on a display) and he'd go and fetch them, bring them back . . . lather, rinse, repeat. He liked us to throw goldfish for him to go and get too. He'd just eat them and not bring them back though. lol

He disappeared one night when he was around 12. He was an inside cat but he kept knocking out the screen from the living room window but I always managed to nab him before he went anywhere. The last I ever did see of him was all tucked under on the living room rug. I put the kids to bed but never noticed the screen out of the window until around 11pm that night. I called and called but didn't find him but really figured I'd find him the next day or so. Sadly, I never did. :(

I sucks when they have to go. I'm sorry you are going through this . . . .
My friend had an outdoor cat once...named Raider...slept all day on the outside, in the window sill of his kitchen...went out at night, often to return with cat bites all over his head...cost my friend thousands at the vet to fix Raider's head over and over...we figured the opponents didn't make it home because Raider, though he looked all soft and fluffy, was solid muscle and weighed twice what you'd think from seeing him.

They tried to get rid of Raider multiple times by hauling him several miles, once across three major highways, and he would sometimes beat them home. They gave Raider to me when they moved away and it took me about a week to make him realize where his new home was. Then he'd sleep outside all day in the window sill...or in the V of a small tree in the front yard. He was about 6 feet above the sod, crouched on a limb that often attracted birds. If I hadn't seen this once, I'd hardly believe it....a bird lit on the end of the limb, about 5 feet from Raider, who lay there 'sleeping'. He sprang out and up, the bird took off, Raider swatted it out of the sky as he fell to the ground (feet down of course) and pounced on the injured bird, killing it quickly. He then brought it to the back door, laid it down and went back to the tree. Scout's honor!

If I were you Mike, I'd get another cat...right away.

The vet gets to be happy next week. Our cat Daisy, had a surgery to remove half of her thyroid about four years ago. The remaining part took over the functions, but now has gone into hyperdrive. What that means for Daisy is food in for about three hours, then back up. She has all the same symptoms as last time, but the vet wants an office visit ($50) plus a thyroid test ($60). Then he'll announce the results in about four days. Surprise! It will be the cat needs thyroid medication. Just sell me the damn pills doc. The wife is losing her patience on this quickly. Thank goodness for hardwood floors in most of our house.

Forum List

Back