Putting Fred To Sleep

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
Today was a very agonizing day for my wife and myself.

We have had two cats, George a big black, and Fred, a smaller gray & white one. They are both about 9 years.

Several weeks ago Fred was lethargic, it turns out he had a big growth on the roof of his mouth, that caused bleeding draining from his eye.

The vet gave us antibiotics for him, and it gradually went down, and he was better but not the same.

Today he really got worse. He couldn't walk without falling down, and he urinated on part of the carpet. We took him to the vet.

His red cell count was about half what it should be. That's why he was so weak, and could hardly walk. The vet believed that he had cancer or some sort of auto immune disease, that was breaking down red blood cells.

My wife and I decided to have him put to sleep. It was extremely agonizing. My wife and I were there when the vet injected him.

Fred was a wonderful cat. He was very tender hearted and needy. He always came to us for affection. When we scratched his back, he put his butt in the air and started squirming all over the place.

That has been an extremely difficult day.

yes. those days are difficult. I'm very sorry. we had to put our Milo down last october.

Thank you so much. These pets are part of my immediate family.

It's really been very tough today...

*hugs* and condolences to you and your wife. It's a heartbreaking decision to face, but you did the right thing to end poor Fred's suffering. He was lucky to spend his life with you.

Thanks guys, I really really appreciate it.

We become attached to those little critters.

He sat a bit like in the avatar. It was pretty funny. He sat on his butt with his legs out, like he was ready to play poker. He definetly had his quirks that were really humorous.

Also, for the longest time we played fetch with him. We would throw toy mice and he would retrieve them, and bring it back to us.

A friend of my brother in law found him in the woods. He was driving, and heard Fred, as a little kitty, crying and crying pretty loud. He got Fred from the woods, and that's how we got him.

Sorry guys I am grieving.

Today was a very agonizing day for my wife and myself.

We have had two cats, George a big black, and Fred, a smaller gray & white one. They are both about 9 years.

Several weeks ago Fred was lethargic, it turns out he had a big growth on the roof of his mouth, that caused bleeding draining from his eye.

The vet gave us antibiotics for him, and it gradually went down, and he was better but not the same.

Today he really got worse. He couldn't walk without falling down, and he urinated on part of the carpet. We took him to the vet.

His red cell count was about half what it should be. That's why he was so weak, and could hardly walk. The vet believed that he had cancer or some sort of auto immune disease, that was breaking down red blood cells.

My wife and I decided to have him put to sleep. It was extremely agonizing. My wife and I were there when the vet injected him.

Fred was a wonderful cat. He was very tender hearted and needy. He always came to us for affection. When we scratched his back, he put his butt in the air and started squirming all over the place.

That has been an extremely difficult day.

Hey Buddy, been there. It's tough. You were there for 'till the end? Cool. I was there when I put Dante down a few years ago. Held him as the life went out of him. Did the same with a cat, Baby Girl, years ago.

Fred is gone and you guys have the memories. Bitter sweet. You have my sympathies.

Send my thoughts to the wife. Hope the other cat is adjusting.

:cool:
dD

New Topics

Forum List

Back