Putin pauses invasion

He seems not to pause anything. Just some troops will be given some rest and replenishment. Fights around other cities in the Donbas are ongoing.

Russia now controls the southern border along the Black Sea coast from Crimea to just short of the major port of Odessa.
Once the city of Odessa falls then Ukraine will be a landlocked country.

I'd dare say that resupply issues have stopped him completely.
And it's not like it's the first time.

Remember when the whole convoy was stalled out because of breakdowns during the initial invasion? This is likely something else that has caused the entire force to stall out.

The whole world is suffering from supply chain issues. Russia is not immune to these problems. And the sanctions are only going to make it worse.

The tooth to tail of the Russian army is not immune to resupply problems. They might go out with everything they expect to use to the battlefront but every plan ever made for battles never survived the first skirmish.

And if they have been using the tails as teeth...they can run out of mechanics and medics in a hurry. Those MIGs don't operate without a hefty amount of servicing and many are getting to the point of needing to be retired from the number of hours in service.

Replenish?
Complete replacement is more appropriate.

Russia uses 10% of troops only and is preparing for the war with NATO
This is a possibility as well. The Crimean bridge to the Donbas region has been beefed up with radar jamming and other radar confusing equipment.
Now where that stuff is worthless for anything that the Ukranians have....most of their munitions do not rely upon radar....it is for those in NATO. But it's not really effective against NATO munitions either. They use a completely different approach and can bypass any radar jamming equipment.

But it does slow Bubba with a turboprop and a few molotov cocktails.

They are having issues at sea currently....might be part of the problem.

His death would be welcomed news, but I don't think it would end the war or the sanctions.
I don’t believe the Russian people are as fucked up as the evil scumbag, Putin. This was supposed to be akin to the US invasion of Grenada. Instead, the Putin soldiers are involved in another morass like their Afghanistan venture. I figure smarter folks will prevail once Putin has his dirt nap.

Last edited:
I don’t believe the Russian people are as fucked up as the evil scumbag, Putin. This was was supposed to be akin to the US invasion of Grenada. Instead, the Putin soldiers are involved in another morass like their Afghanistan venture. I figure smarter folks will prevail once Putin has his dirt nap.
Considering that people most often make decisions based on the information they have and that Putin controls nearly all the information on the war that is available to the Russian people, it is likely the Russian people will continue to support his positions on the war even after he is dead.

Considering that people most often make decisions based on the information they have and that Putin controls nearly all the information on the war that is available to the Russian people, it is likely the Russian people will continue to support his positions on the war even after he is dead.
His people don’t get to make the decisions. The political class their runs the show and many of the. Are pretty kissed at the sanctions and what this idiotic war is doing to Russia.

One well placed bullet ….

His people don’t get to make the decisions. The political class their runs the show and many of the. Are pretty kissed at the sanctions and what this idiotic war is doing to Russia.

One well placed bullet ….
I certainly hope you are right and that we get to test your theory soon, but I am not optimistic that a change in leadership at this time will lead to the end of the war.

I certainly hope you are right and that we get to test your theory soon, but I am not optimistic that a change in leadership at this time will lead to the end of the war.
I’m not even optimistic about a change in leadership. But I would be thrilled with Putin’s death by assassination or incredibly fortuitous accident or even natural causes. The sooner the better.

Forum List

Back