Pulse of the Board: Abortion

What is your stance on abortion?

• Abortion should never be allowed unless the mother's life depends on it.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Abortion should be allowed only in the cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's health would be ser

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Abortion should be generally available through the first trimester of pregancy.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Abortion should be available upon demand at any time during a pregnancy.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Abortion should be illegal under any circumstance

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Here's my dillemma with abortion:

I don't think you can answer a moral question with a legal answer. In general, I am against abortion at any stage of the pregnancy. Yet in issues involving rape incest or mother's life, I have a problem with a women wanting or needing to abort and a doctor has to tell her "No it's against the law". That leads to the old "so called doctor" doing the procedure in a non medical setting and the women sneaking around to have it done. Wasn't that one of the main reasons it was legalized anyway?

Men love to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies. :rolleyes:

Not that only men are doctors or sit on the highest bench.

But, about a doctor telling a woman she can't haver an abortion to save her life-- isn't that about the stupidest most idiotic thing you have ever heard of?

Let her decide.

We have no problem killing innocent people outside of the womb to achieve our goals.

Originally posted by nycflasher

But, about a doctor telling a woman she can't haver an abortion to save her life-- isn't that about the stupidest most idiotic thing you have ever heard of?

Let her decide.

We have no problem killing innocent people outside of the womb to achieve our goals.

NYC: I voted that only if mom is in danger. You said it best at the end about innocents outside. At least they have a chance (no matter how slight) to fight back. I wanna make sure that no one takes away the chance to fight back just because they are unable to take a pill or roll a condom.

My dad told me it is a mans job to tell women what to do. And he had moms permission to say that.

Originally posted by pegwinn
NYC: I voted that only if mom is in danger. You said it best at the end about innocents outside. At least they have a chance (no matter how slight) to fight back. I wanna make sure that no one takes away the chance to fight back just because they are unable to take a pill or roll a condom.

My dad told me it is a mans job to tell women what to do. And he had moms permission to say that.

I wanna make sure that no one takes away the chance to fight back just because they are unable to take a pill or roll a condom.
--what about rape?
--what if mom was a crackhead? Ever seen a crackbaby? I have. My dad was the Chief of Psychiatry at Hartford Hospital and that was one tour of the hospital I kinda wished I missed. Just because I wasn't prepared.

-I don't get that. If it's a joke it's funny.:D But I don't see you laughing. If you're serious, I think that your Dad is/was misguided on that subject.

EDIT: BTW, did I mention I hate the abortion issue? Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

I wanna make sure that no one takes away the chance to fight back just because they are unable to take a pill or roll a condom.
--what about rape?
--what if mom was a crackhead? Ever seen a crackbaby? I have. My dad was the Chief of Psychiatry at Hartford Hospital and that was one tour of the hospital I kinda wished I missed. Just because I wasn't prepared.

-I don't get that. If it's a joke it's funny.:D But I don't see you laughing. If you're serious, I think that your Dad is/was misguided on that subject.

EDIT: BTW, did I mention I hate the abortion issue? Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

What dad said was a joke. You must not be married, or not that way for long. heres the smiley :p

What about rape? It's not the childs fault. Thats like killing me becuase some white guy had slaves a couple of hundred years ago. "Sins of the fathers.........."

Never seen a crack baby. Seems to me that you have a chance to treat and cure that though. Death is still incurable.

Hate the issue to. Hard to be detached and legal with emotions flying about at about mach three.

Hitting the sack for real this time

I voted no, unless of rape, incest, or the mother's life is in danger.

Why you ask... ok.

Rape - Even though I may get bashed for this belief, it's mine none the less, and no amount of bashing me will change my mind. I believe that a child conceived from rape is devil seed, therefore a woman should be allowed to abort it.

Incest - See above.

Mother's life is in danger - It's almost the old "seniority" thing. The mother was here first. Why should she die to give birth if her life can be saved? Being pregnant shouldn't be a death sentence if that's what it turn's into.

Bash away . . . . .

Let her decide.

Gats you can be a putz.

The issue we face today is NOT 'abortion to save a mother's life' - it's about 'Abortion-on-demand'.

You are a boy; betrayed by your comments. You need to be a man.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Gats you can be a putz.

The issue we face today is NOT 'abortion to save a mother's life' - it's about 'Abortion-on-demand'.

You are a boy; betrayed by your comments. You need to be a man.

Fuck an A OUCH! But straight to the heart, honest and about as true as you can get.

I have wavered on this issue over the years for different reasons but am beginning to think it should be left up to the states to decide for themselves. Moral issues seem to be handled better locally. The argument over when life begins will never be resolved and I think it has to be before any of the ensuing issues can be discussed. Pro and anti abortion states gives people more options. Fathers need to have a say so in the decision to !

Originally posted by dilloduck
I have wavered on this issue over the years for different reasons but am beginning to think it should be left up to the states to decide for themselves. Moral issues seem to be handled better locally. The argument over when life begins will never be resolved and I think it has to be before any of the ensuing issues can be discussed. Pro and anti abortion states gives people more options. Fathers need to have a say so in the decision to !

"When life begins"? Am I getting that? Are you saying that "until a baby is born, it's DEAD"?

I'm pro-life, with the majority caveats. I would hope in the case of rape/incest that the 'problem' would be dealt with a D & C asap. But not always feasible.

'Welfare of the mother' is way too broad, but how else to deal with?

Today it's used as a casual means of birth control.

THIS MUST STOP.

ONLY IN CASES OF RAPE, INCEST, OR UF THE MOTHER'S LIFE IS IN DANGER.

IT'S COLD BLOODED MURDER IN ANY OTHER SITUATION.

Originally posted by Gop guy
IT'S COLD BLOODED MURDER IN ANY OTHER SITUATION.

so...justifiable homicide?

See, that is part of the issues...too many broad definitions and interpretations.

IMO it is morally and ethically wrong for whatever reason. Even Roe (Norma McCorvey) is speaking out on the issue.

McCorvey, who joined the anti-abortion fight 10 years ago, filed the "motion for relief from judgment" Tuesday, asking the court to reopen the case and conduct a wide-ranging inquiry into scientific and anecdotal evidence that she says shows abortion hurts women.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-06-20-roe-vs-wade_x.htm

This was wrong then and is wrong now. I think the court back then was bowing to pressure from the left and now that the decision is under serious attack, the court will eventually not reconsider as then it will loose face.

Originally posted by dilloduck
is an unfertilized egg alive---half alive---?

I would say "anything inside a living body" is ALIVE. (Without mention, except excrement).

The real question is, "when does life as a human begin"? And I believe that time is the instant a sperm enters the egg and fertilizes it. That's the begining of a human beings life.

Forum List

Back