"protecting" And "serving"

Here ya go MikeK.....here is another link of DeBlasio promising to change his POLICY of settling frivolous lawsuits because it's cheaper to settle than to pay legal fees.....you know....the policy you said wasn't true. I hate to disappoint you.....but you're a retard.

De Blasio Promises Policy Change After ‘Wrong’ Machete Settlement
If deBlasio ever did authorize such a counterproductive policy as the settling of frivolous lawsuits you are talking about rest assured he quickly learned how stupid it was -- and the following is excerpted from the article you linked:

"Mayor Bill de Blasio promised to stop settling “frivolous” lawsuits with the NYPD after the city paid out $5,000 to a man shot by cops while threatening them with a machete.

“I think it was wrong,” Mr. de Blasio said of the settlement, speaking to reporters outside City Hall. “And I think it’s not the kind of policy we will do anymore. We are gonna change the policy.”

I don't know how long this potentially ruinous policy remained in effect but I'm certain it was brief -- and nothing like it ever took place during my time. I'm sorry to disappoint you but you've hung your hat on the shadow of what is nothing more than an effort at pro-police propaganda. The fact is most of the thousands of lawsuits filed against the New York City Police Department, Transit Police, Housing Police and Correction Departments have some degree of merit. And while settlements are indeed offered to those with merit you may rest assured that, barring deBlasio's temporary folly, those without merit are promptly discharged at the initial hearing.

So you can put it away and zip up your fly because your little onanistic adventure is a farcical propaganda device and nothing more.

Bullshit. Eat your crow asswipe. You just got completely PROVEN wrong. This type of policy is widespread across many cities in America because it's flat out cheaper than legal fees.

And you base your image of cops off a TV show and how often slimy lawyers sue PDs???

Grow up dipshit. Now I have pay property taxes on you since I own you.

1. Drug deals are notorious for involving GUNS. Which is why on a buy/bust....they aggressively take them down. So they can't access any weapon.
Bullshit. I have watched at least a dozen buy/bust operations on COPS -- not one of which turned up a gun. Not one!

Hint: Drug dealers and buyers are often armed.
More bullshit.

At least 80% of all police activity (as evidenced on COPS) involves drug arrests. As you know, I watch COPS on a regular basis. Of the hundreds of drug-related arrests I've seen not one has turned up a gun. Not one!

You've been spewing this melodramatic bullshit to people for so long you don't even know when you're lying anymore. You've become an habitual bullshitter, because lying is an essential component of the police occupation.

2. You just said a cop who gets killed doing this would've deserved it?
Cops who arrest criminals who harm others are okay in my book. But cops who hurt people who harm no one, which describes the vast majority of drug offenders, are scumbags who deserve anything that happens to them.

Wow. You just got put on my permanent shit list. I used to like debating you. You were reasonable. Not anymore.
You egotistical cockroach -- you are incapable of debating me or anyone else on this topic because the truth where this topic is concerned is absolutely alien to you. You are a textbook example of the police mentality, which is fundamentally deceitful as well as sadistic and excessively self-assured.

Last edited:
Over 50% of murders are drug related.
I think what you mean to say is a substantial number of murders are the ultimate result of conditions and circumstances brought about by the War on Drugs. And while I realize understanding the how and why of that situation calls for fundamental reasoning skills if you try hard I'm sure you can figure it out. It's really not that complex.

1. Drug deals are notorious for involving GUNS. Which is why on a buy/bust....they aggressively take them down. So they can't access any weapon.
Bullshit. I have watched at least a dozen buy/bust operations on COPS -- not one of which turned up a gun. Not one!

Hint: Drug dealers and buyers are often armed.
More bullshit.

At least 80% of all police activity (as evidenced on COPS) involves drug arrests. As you know, I watch COPS on a regular basis. Of the hundreds of drug-related arrests I've seen not one has turned up a gun. Not one!

You've been spewing this melodramatic bullshit to people for so long you don't even know when you're lying anymore. You've become an habitual bullshitter, because lying is an essential component of the police occupation.

2. You just said a cop who gets killed doing this would've deserved it?
Cops who arrest criminals who harm others are okay in my book. But cops who hurt people who harm no one, which describes the vast majority of drug offenders, are scumbags who deserve anything that happens to them.

Wow. You just got put on my permanent shit list. I used to like debating you. You were reasonable. Not anymore.
You egotistical cockroach -- you are incapable of debating me or anyone else on this topic because the truth where this topic is concerned is absolutely alien to you. You are a textbook example of the police mentality, which is fundamentally deceitful as well as sadistic and excessively self-assured.

Yes. You don't have to keep reminding us how 99.9% of all your knowledge about policing comes from a half staged TV show.

Here are some more superb exampled of law enforcement for Bucky to defend: Washington Post story.
Most of the misconduct by police which the public is finally becoming aware of is the result of cops acquiring bad habits.

Today's example of this phenomenon occurs in the form of a lady lawyer who was arrested by a New Jersey State Trooper for refusing to answer his questions. It seems this self-styled Gestapo agent has developed the habit of intimidating and mistreating motorists, but the impropriety of his actions caught up with him when he worked his game on a lawyer.

When this trooper pulled Rebecca Mussara over for a traffic violation he asked for her papers and while she was reaching for them he asked, "Do you know why I stopped you?" But Rebecca remained silent. The trooper repeated his question several times and each time Rebecca refused to answer. Finally he threatened to arrest her for "obstruction," which he finally did.

Now I'm sure he's wishing he didn't let his bad habit get the better of him because Rebecca Mussara not only is a lawyer her father is a former New Jersey prosecutor and her mother a retired probation officer -- and she is suing the New Jersey State Police. The thing that annoys me about this incident is Rebecca will end up receiving a substantial punitive damage award, which is one of many, all of which add up to a lot of unnecessarily wasted tax money, all because of the misconduct of egotistical power freaks like this cop and his bad habits.

Lawyer busted for staying quiet during traffic stop files lawsuit

So guy slams a door on a cops arm and foot. Cops tries to arrest him. He fights. He ends up with the cops taser and tries to turn it on the cop and gets shot.

Yeah...."cold blooded murder". So bad the grand jury of civilians laughed it out of court.

Bro....you become a more pathetic dog eater every day.

Not that we should believe anything that is in the media, but your adamant defense of cops like this one is ridiculous.

And cops like this is why I don't even open the door for them. I realize it's less than 1% of the police officers out there, but that 0.5% can ruin your life, or worse, and the "average citizen" has no recourse.

So guy slams a door on a cops arm and foot. Cops tries to arrest him. He fights. He ends up with the cops taser and tries to turn it on the cop and gets shot.

Yeah...."cold blooded murder". So bad the grand jury of civilians laughed it out of court.

Bro....you become a more pathetic dog eater every day.

Not that we should believe anything that is in the media, but your adamant defense of cops like this one is ridiculous.

And cops like this is why I don't even open the door for them. I realize it's less than 1% of the police officers out there, but that 0.5% can ruin your life, or worse, and the "average citizen" has no recourse.

Of course you have recourse, it's called DON'T FUCKING FIGHT THE POLICE.

There absolutely are legitimate cases of police misusing their authority , 99.9% of the time those charges are bullshit.

Let's use the more appropriate word, resist. Are you saying, don't resist the police? What if a police officer decides he likes your coat and attempts to take it from you, are you allowed to resist? If not, then we are living in a different America than the America I was born and raised in. And according to the Fourth Amendment the police have no right to enter a home without a warrant -- unless they are in active pursuit of an offender. And active pursuit does not mean suspicion or a hunch.

The following is excerpted from the posted report:

"Kehagias was responding to an assault complaint. The fight did not happen at Livingston's house, but Kehagias thought two of the people allegedly involved might be there. When Livingston said they weren't, Kehagias did not believe him. He wanted to come in and have a look around. Not unless you have a warrant, Livingston said, shutting the door, which hit Kehagias on his foot and arm. The deputy viewed that as an assault and barged into Livingston's house along with his partner, determined to vindicate the affront by handcuffing Livingston and hauling him off to jail."

This doesn't say the cop was in active pursuit of two offenders. It says he was in pursuit and he "thought" they might be in that home. What if they were wrong? If the cop merely thought the offenders were in there, does that mean any cop has the right to force his way into any home by simply saying he thinks someone he's looking for might be in there? And if the homeowner resists he is subject to being justifiable killed? If so, then my problem is I am too goddam old and my concept of American freedoms is antiquated and no longer applies.

There absolutely are legitimate cases of police misusing their authority , 99.9% of the time those charges are bullshit.
Let's say that sometimes those charges are bullshit -- and many times they aren't. And sometimes the charges are based on mistaken understanding -- and many times they aren't.

Last edited:
Let's use a more appropriate word, resist. Are you saying, don't resist the police? What if a police officer decides he likes your coat and attempts to take it from you, are you allowed to resist? If not, then we are living in a different America than the America I was born and raised in. And according to the Fourth Amendment the police have no right to enter a home without a warrant -- unless they are in active pursuit of an offender. And active pursuit does not mean suspicion or a hunch.

The following is excerpted from the posted report:

"Kehagias was responding to an assault complaint. The fight did not happen at Livingston's house, but Kehagias thought two of the people allegedly involved might be there. When Livingston said they weren't, Kehagias did not believe him. He wanted to come in and have a look around. Not unless you have a warrant, Livingston said, shutting the door, which hit Kehagias on his foot and arm. The deputy viewed that as an assault and barged into Livingston's house along with his partner, determined to vindicate the affront by handcuffing Livingston and hauling him off to jail."

This doesn't say the cop was in active pursuit of two offenders. It says he was in pursuit and he "thought" they might be in that home. What if they were wrong? If the cop merely thought the offenders were in there, does that mean any cop has the right to force his way into any home by simply saying he thinks someone he's looking for might be in there? And if the homeowner resists he is subject to being justifiable killed? If so, then my problem is I am too goddam old and my concept of American freedoms is antiquated and no longer applies.

Let's say that sometimes those charges are bullshit -- and many times they aren't. And sometimes the charges are based on mistaken understanding -- and many times they aren't.

Let's be clear and differentiate between a lawful arrest and an unlawful arrest. CLEARLY if some cop just decides he wants your coat, or whatever you have a right to resist. His/her badge doesn't change that. In fact , as a matter of law you have the right to use deadly force even to defend your own life. What you do NOT have is the right to resist a lawful arrest. Even if you believe you did nothing wrong, Even if you ultimately prove to be not guilty of a crime. Lawful arrest is a legal term that people need to learn, both to protect themselves AND to keep from fighting with police when they don't have a right to do so.

Of course we both know, that in most of these cases the person fighting the police doesn't care whether they are being lawfully arrested or not.

Let's be clear and differentiate between a lawful arrest and an unlawful arrest. CLEARLY if some cop just decides he wants your coat, or whatever you have a right to resist. His/her badge doesn't change that. In fact , as a matter of law you have the right to use deadly force even to defend your own life. What you do NOT have is the right to resist a lawful arrest. Even if you believe you did nothing wrong, Even if you ultimately prove to be not guilty of a crime. Lawful arrest is a legal term that people need to learn, both to protect themselves AND to keep from fighting with police when they don't have a right to do so.

Of course we both know, that in most of these cases the person fighting the police doesn't care whether they are being lawfully arrested or not.
My understanding is the homeowner who was killed was not the subject of the police pursuit, nor did the police have any probable or reasonable cause to suspect him of any offense. But he became the subject of arrest only after he resisted the attempt by police to forcibly enter his castle.

If my understanding as laid out above is correct the pivotal factor in this issue is what if the cop who thought the subjects of his pursuit were hiding in that residence was mistaken?

Expanding on that, if the cop is mistaken but forces his way into the residence anyway, does the resident have the right to continue resisting? If so, is his resistance under those circumstances sufficient cause for lawful arrest?

Last edited:
I'd say 80-90% of cops are bent. Probably 1-3% are the no-shit psychos, but most of them are just thugs.
I think the problem is most American cops have acquired a lot of bad habits over the years as the result of improper training, poor supervision and unions which have become too powerful. I believe the majority of cops would perform properly with better training, competent supervision and removal of the negative influences within the rank and file.

Forum List

Back