Property Rights and Racism

Should a black restaurant owner be allowed to refuse to serve a member of the KKK?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I understand what the law is, I'm explaining why the law is wrong in my opinion.

I'm confused as to why you refuse to understand that. Your right not to be discriminated against ends at the borders of somebody else's property.
Not if their property is open to the public.

How about at a garage sale? Since it's that person's home could they discriminate there since it's still their home, or would that be considered "open to the public?"
If it is a licensed garage sale then they couldn't refuse someone. Do garage sales require licenses?

How about at a garage sale? Since it's that person's home could they discriminate there since it's still their home, or would that be considered "open to the public?"
If it is a licensed garage sale then they couldn't refuse someone. Do garage sales require licenses?
Depends where you live, though I think those are issued by the HOA, so I'm not sure the laws views them the same way

Depends where you live. You put too much faith in the Judicial System Ravi.

people aren't allowed to discriminate against others for what they are born.......... .

Why not? The Victorian Brits were right when they said 'blood tells'. All your inane desire to compel social mixing does is to put decent people at risk from the scrub stock of humanity.

So lets see where we are going with this...

If the KKK, who are racist by choice, and have openly threatened blacks are denied service this would be the equivalent of blacks, who are Americans by birth and have no choice in their skin color being denied service

I don't think so

Where else are we going with this. Can any bully walk into an establishment, demand and impose without restraint, and be guaranteed service unconditionally? No. Be Polite. ;)

Property, by definition, is not "open to the public".

Anyone who even says something like this is pretty much useless to debate with.
And you call yourself a lawyer.

Ever see the signs on shops and restaurants that say "OPEN"?

Those signs aren't saying "Open to the public," they simply mean that the business is open for that day.

Most businesses are open to the public. Those that aren't have signs that say 'members only', 'by appointment only' or something else that specifies that they're not simply 'open' to anyone who walks in.

If the KKK, who are racist by choice

Can one choose what they believe?

Why do you choose to not believe Earth is flat, God is real, andgrvity doesn't exist?

As a matter of fact they can....they can also choose what they do with those beliefs
Really?

tell me... do you believe you exist? That you are made of matter? Do you decide everything you believe? Can you suddenly choose to change those beliefs- to truly and suddenly believe something else and not merely change what you say?

Can you suddenly choose whether you prefer cock or pussy?

Really?

tell me... do you believe you exist? That you are made of matter? Do you decide everything you believe? Can you suddenly choose to change those beliefs- to truly and suddenly believe something else and not merely change what you say?

Can you suddenly choose whether you prefer cock or pussy?

Yes, to all of those.

So what led you to choose to think you might exist? Why did you pick this universe to believe in? Why do you choose a world with suffering and starving children?

You enjoy knowing children starve?

So what led you to choose to think you might exist? Why did you pick this universe to believe in? Why do you choose a world with suffering and starving children?

You enjoy knowing children starve?

If they choose to starve why should I interfere?

Forum List

Back