Property Rights and Racism

Should a black restaurant owner be allowed to refuse to serve a member of the KKK?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
It matters a great deal if you understand the Civil Rights Act.

So discrimination based on race, sex, disability is out in your opinion, but discrimination based on affiliation is ok? So a Republican restaurant owner could refuse to serve a Democrat? Say President Obama goes into a restaurant owned by a Republican, could they refuse to serve him?
I have not given you an answer, so don't presume.

The question is too vague...is the KKK member, who is a KNOWN organization that has literally KILLED black people - walks into a black owned restaurant, is he being disruptive?

Is he going in, sitting down and simply having a meal? Is he wearing a sign saying KKK?
You even mentioned "going in with their nightgown." Do they take off their White Sheet nightgown mask to eat, or do they just stuff it through the mouth hole?

I don't mean to presume, I'm simply trying to figure out where you stand and it appears that you're dodging the question.

The question isn't vague at all. Does the black restaurant owner have the right to refuse to serve a member of the KKK based only on the fact that they're a member of the KKK?

So here's the question: Should a black restaurant owner be allowed to refuse to serve a member of the KKK?

As long as he is not refusing to serve him because he is white he is both justified and legal in doing so.

So discrimination is fine, so long as its not a politically popular group.
I think the words you are looking for is historically discriminated against group.

Oh, and that silly thing about the words and specifics of the actual law 'n all.

[youtube]oknvBclbZMI[/youtube]

So here's the question: Should a black restaurant owner be allowed to refuse to serve a member of the KKK?

As long as he is not refusing to serve him because he is white he is both justified and legal in doing so.

I think it is fine period. The law says otherwise, so take any problems you have with it being OK to discriminate against the KKK or gays up with Congress.

I think the words you are looking for is historically discriminated against group.

Oh, and that silly thing about the words and specifics of the actual law 'n all.

No, I think I had it right in the post you just quoted. People see it as horrible if you'd want to discriminate against somebody based on their race, and it is, but it's ok to discriminate against a member of the KKK. It's hypocritical, regardless of what the law is.

I think it is fine period. The law says otherwise, so take any problems you have with it being OK to discriminate against the KKK or gays up with Congress.

Well I'm of the opinion that anyone should be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason on their own property. But if we're being consistent the law would have to apply to every possible group.

The KKK Members affiliation is not protected under the Constitution. Neither is a Black Panthers affiliation. Both can legally be refused service.

Pretty much. Which is why this thread is a epic fail.

Well I'm of the opinion that anyone should be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason on their own property. But if we're being consistent the law would have to apply to every possible group.

Which is why laws don't work, no one can think of all the possibilities before the fact.

The KKK Members affiliation is not protected under the Constitution. Neither is a Black Panthers affiliation. Both can legally be refused service.

Pretty much. Which is why this thread is a epic fail.

Actually I think I made a pretty solid point. The law is supposed to end discrimination, but it only applies to politically popular groups. If the law were consistent it'd have to apply to every possible group there is. It would have to apply to Democrats, Republicans, KKK members, Black Panthers, any every other possible group there is.

Or we could just respect property rights and allow people to decide for themselves who they do business with on their own property.

So it's come to this. Kevin now holds up the banner of the KKK up and fears for their oppression.

Well...well. I'll be a monkey's uncle.

He's probably made this thread in advance of someone posting a picture of Ron Paul with the owners of Stormfront. :lol:

Actually I think I made a pretty solid point. The law is supposed to end discrimination, but it only applies to politically popular groups. If the law were consistent it'd have to apply to every possible group there is. It would have to apply to Democrats, Republicans, KKK members, Black Panthers, any every other possible group there is.

Or we could just respect property rights and allow people to decide for themselves who they do business with on their own property.

The KKK is not a race. The KKK is not a gender. The KKK is not a religion.

Race, religion, gender, or ethnicity.

If you walked into my business, I could tell you to get out if you were apart of any political group. The same goes for the KKK as it does for the Black Panthers.

Try again. :thup:

If you walked into my business, I could tell you to get out if you were apart of any political group. The same goes for the KKK as it does for the Black Panthers.

All you did was reinforce my point.

is it Kevin's initials?

So it's come to this. Kevin now holds up the banner of the KKK up and fears for their oppression.

:lol:

When all else fails make accusations of racism.
I never said you were racist, but damn, look at your post:

"People see it as horrible if you'd want to discriminate against somebody based on their race, and it is, but it's ok to discriminate against a member of the KKK. It's hypocritical, regardless of what the law is."

Sticking up for a group that has historically strung up black people in trees till thier eyes popped out and committed terrorist acts on whole communities...I gotta say, it's a flabbergaster.

is it Kevin's initials?

You should leave the trolling to Dante, he's better at it.

:lol:

When all else fails make accusations of racism.
I never said you were racist, but damn, look at this post:

"People see it as horrible if you'd want to discriminate against somebody based on their race, and it is, but it's ok to discriminate against a member of the KKK. It's hypocritical, regardless of what the law is."

Sticking up for a group that has historically strung up black people in trees till thier eyes popped out and committed terrorist acts on whole communities...I gotta say, it's a flabbergaster.

Right. You weren't trying to insinuate I was racist. :rolleyes:

Yes, members of the KKK have killed people. So have black people. So have janitors, and lawyers, and historians, etc...

I'm merely pointing out that the law is hypocritical, and we're supposed to be a "nation of laws, not of men." We should either protect property rights, or we have to protect every possible group, including the KKK, from any kind of discrimination.

Forum List

Back