Proof more people think I (and millions of other logical and rational thinkers) are right!

How did I mess up when it was a "plural" me and millions of others?
You didn't mess up. We knew what you meant. It was just that you offended a nazi with a statement they didn't like hearing so they felt it was apporpriate to tear you apart. Believe me. I'm a grammar/spelling nazi and I use this tactic all the time.

You didn't mess up. We knew what you meant. It was just that you offended a nazi with a statement they didn't like hearing so they felt it was apporpriate to tear you apart. Believe me. I'm a grammar/spelling nazi and I use this tactic all the time.
So according to a "grammar/spelling nazi" was I incorrect to use the verb "are" versus "is" as my perspective it was a plural "me and millions"... are...! So is that correct?

So according to a "grammar/spelling nazi" was I incorrect to use the verb "are" versus "is" as my perspective it was a plural "me and millions"... are...! So is that correct?
I would have said it just like you did and hoped people understood, or I might have said:

"Proof more people think I am right, and millions of other logical and rational thinkers agree".

I don't know. It's a tough one. Most of my editing experience is in legal depositions, where nobody speaks grammatically and it becomes legally impossible to correct a person's words.

You are looking at people moving to Florida, Texas, etc away from CA,NY,IL etc. and their reasons are simple.
A) The majority of states they are moving TO have no state income tax.
B) Have less crime as the mayors of these cities in these states as well as the people respect law and order, i.e. NOT defunding police.
C) More and more companies are relocating to these states because of fewer governmental restrictions... masking,vaccinations,etc.
D) More and more people are totally disgusting with the "woke", CRT, hatred of Americans! We love our country and our people.
There are many more reasons why there are more people moving to these states and AWAY from states like CA,NY,IL... and I can give
many more reasons but I ask other rational and logical people to contribute!
Oh and by the way many of those moving away and to these growing states are politically motivated, which means 2022 Congress will be changing!
View attachment 579113

That is an amatuer number....Illinois lost 122,000 last year...

How did I mess up when it was a "plural" me and millions of others?

Proof more people think I (and millions of other logical and rational thinkers) are right​

Since you asked me I'll answer, but this is a hard one and I wouldn't otherwise fuss at you about it -----

"I are right" is what you end up saying. The parentheses locks out the millions from interaction with the verb, so it should match the singular "I." "I am right."

Proof more people think I (and millions of other logical and rational thinkers) are right​

Since you asked me I'll answer, but this is a hard one and I wouldn't otherwise fuss at you about it -----

"I are right" is what you end up saying. The parentheses locks out the millions from interaction with the verb, so it should match the singular "I." "I am right."
Makes sense. I should not have put the (). Thanks appreciate the advice. I'll see if I can correct it.

Forum List

Back