Proof: Liberals Emotionally Wired To Block Opposing Political Views

While you do the very same thing. They didn't say it happens to liberals, they said it happens to PEOPLE, and yes, I agree. It happens on this site all the time.
The study participants were all self-identified liberals (most likely because they needed to be in California and around a college...it was all that was available). I'll link the actual study rather than propaganda surrounding it here:

Neural correlates of maintaining one’s political beliefs in the face of counterevidence

It verifies something that is pretty common sensical if you have ever gotten into a political argument. However, the Conservatives here that think that it is a condition unique to liberals...rather than indicative of people in general who have their political beliefs challenged...are about as intelligent as a tomato.
Liberalism is a mental disease....
Well, if you can make that claim then I can simply respond in earnest:

Conservatism is a mental disease....
No, that's not what science shows....

Moonbattery: Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
If you are going to make a claim about what science shows...it would help to link a scientific article...not somebody's book. You want me to find something written by Jon Stewart to back my claim?

Keep trying.
Scientific link to your claim? No? Huh......

Are you still committed?

The study participants were all self-identified liberals (most likely because they needed to be in California and around a college...it was all that was available). I'll link the actual study rather than propaganda surrounding it here:

Neural correlates of maintaining one’s political beliefs in the face of counterevidence

It verifies something that is pretty common sensical if you have ever gotten into a political argument. However, the Conservatives here that think that it is a condition unique to liberals...rather than indicative of people in general who have their political beliefs challenged...are about as intelligent as a tomato.

You were good right up to the last sentence.

This study doesn't prove that supposition. The subjects were all self identified liberals.

I'll answer you one question honestly if you'll answer me one question honestly.

Would it be within the realm of possibility that self identified conservative responses could be less emotion based and more logic based than self identified liberals?

Well, you've taken the whole of psychology and turned it into nothing. You have no idea what they mean by "liberal", you don't even know if they were being honest about it.

Yeah that immediately occurred to me as well. At least half of the posters on this board don't seem to have a clue what "Liberal" means so one has one's doubts about drawing conclusions from that. Not to even mention it wasn't even a comparative study, as the thread title implied.

Well, it would seem they don't care. Seeing as they're not too interested in politics, but more on the team game side of things, liberals are anyone who isn't really them, and you get labelled based on what they want. Any label will stick and then they can just go out and insult.

I mean, some people never really got over high school, did they? It's sad.

Well, you've taken the whole of psychology and turned it into nothing. You have no idea what they mean by "liberal", you don't even know if they were being honest about it.

Yeah that immediately occurred to me as well. At least half of the posters on this board don't seem to have a clue what "Liberal" means so one has one's doubts about drawing conclusions from that. Not to even mention it wasn't even a comparative study, as the thread title implied.

Well, it would seem they don't care. Seeing as they're not too interested in politics, but more on the team game side of things, liberals are anyone who isn't really them, and you get labelled based on what they want. Any label will stick and then they can just go out and insult.

I mean, some people never really got over high school, did they? It's sad.
Seems you never got out....

Yep, you read that correctly...a recent study revealed quantitative scientific evidence that an emotional imperative biologically wired in the brains of liberals BLOCK ALL OPPOSING POLITICAL VIEWS. This explains oh so much...

Researchers are studying participants’ brain changes when their political beliefs are challenged.

Researchers scanned 40 liberal participants, watching their brain chemistry as a team tried to sway their political positions.

The parts of the brain that were triggered control deep, emotional thoughts about personal identity.

“When people activate these emotional structures of the brain more, when they’re being challenged, they’re less likely to change their minds,” said Dr. Jonas Kaplan of the USC Brain and Creativity Institute.

Researchers: People Biologically Wired To Block Opposing Political Views

While you do the very same thing. They didn't say it happens to liberals, they said it happens to PEOPLE, and yes, I agree. It happens on this site all the time.

I'll explain what I think about this with a crass joke.

Some soldiers go out into the wilderness far from human habitation. They're in some kind of fort surrounded by hills and lots and lots of sheep.

Some soldiers can't really cope being away from women, so on the first night one soldier goes off into the night and fucks a sheep.
After three nights three soldiers disappear into the darkness and fuck sheep.

By the end of the month all but one soldier is regularly going off into the night and find a sheep for their pleasure.

The last soldier is desperate and can't contain himself, so he waits for all the soldiers to go out and come back in again and then darts off to find himself a sheep. He fucks it. Then as he's coming back to the fort he hears some laughing. He looks up at the walls of the fort and there are soldiers up there looking down, pointing and laughing.

"What?" He shouts back "You've all gone out and fucked sheep too."

"Yeah" shouts one of the soldiers "but you fucked the ugly one".

This joke sums up this whole thing. People trying to disparage others for something they are themselves. This isn't a liberal thing, this is a HUMAN thing. It's not so difficult to see which people on this forum this affects the most, and there are lots of them, and many on the right. The fact that they're trying to pretend it's just the liberals who are fucking the ugly sheep doesn't take away from the fact that they're fucking sheep too.

They self identified as liberal...in California no less. So your criticism should be directed at the participants. IOW your contention is the liberals have no clue what "liberal" means.

Hey, if you identify as liberal, we'll give you $200 for doing this test, are you liberal?

Yeah, sure, I'll be anything for $200.

Yep, you read that correctly...a recent study revealed quantitative scientific evidence that an emotional imperative biologically wired in the brains of liberals BLOCK ALL OPPOSING POLITICAL VIEWS. This explains oh so much...

Researchers are studying participants’ brain changes when their political beliefs are challenged.

Researchers scanned 40 liberal participants, watching their brain chemistry as a team tried to sway their political positions.

The parts of the brain that were triggered control deep, emotional thoughts about personal identity.

“When people activate these emotional structures of the brain more, when they’re being challenged, they’re less likely to change their minds,” said Dr. Jonas Kaplan of the USC Brain and Creativity Institute.

I'll explain what I think about this with a crass joke.

Some soldiers go out into the wilderness far from human habitation. They're in some kind of fort surrounded by hills and lots and lots of sheep.

Some soldiers can't really cope being away from women, so on the first night one soldier goes off into the night and fucks a sheep.
After three nights three soldiers disappear into the darkness and fuck sheep.

By the end of the month all but one soldier is regularly going off into the night and find a sheep for their pleasure.

The last soldier is desperate and can't contain himself, so he waits for all the soldiers to go out and come back in again and then darts off to find himself a sheep. He fucks it. Then as he's coming back to the fort he hears some laughing. He looks up at the walls of the fort and there are soldiers up there looking down, pointing and laughing.

"What?" He shouts back "You've all gone out and fucked sheep too."

"Yeah" shouts one of the soldiers "but you fucked the ugly one".

This joke sums up this whole thing. People trying to disparage others for something they are themselves. This isn't a liberal thing, this is a HUMAN thing. It's not so difficult to see which people on this forum this affects the most, and there are lots of them, and many on the right. The fact that they're trying to pretend it's just the liberals who are fucking the ugly sheep doesn't take away from the fact that they're fucking sheep too.
So, you're an ugly sheep? Who knew....:lol:

Interesting, it just confirms what we already know from practical experience and example after example when dealing with the left.

They self identified as liberal...in California no less. So your criticism should be directed at the participants. IOW your contention is the liberals have no clue what "liberal" means.

Hey, if you identify as liberal, we'll give you $200 for doing this test, are you liberal?

Well, another common trait among liberals is their willingness to lie. Especially for self profit.

Well, another common trait among liberals is their willingness to lie. Especially for self profit.

Oh, right, just liberals?

I'd say it's a common trait among HUMAN BEINGS to lie, especially for profit.

The point being that if a person is lying saying they're liberal, then they're not liberal, are they?

The point I'm making is that people here are trying to twist things, to distort reality in order to pretend that somehow "their group" is better than the other group. And yet they're no better.

And more so to destroy America.....

The point being that if a person is lying saying they're liberal, then they're not liberal, are they?

The point I'm making is that people here are trying to twist things, to distort reality in order to pretend that somehow "their group" is better than the other group. And yet they're no better.
Just you liberals are twisting and distorting.....

In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.

We don't have to twist or distort anything to show "our group" is better than the left. The left do that themselves with every action they take and lie they spew.

We don't have to twist or distort anything to show "our group" is better than the left. The left do that themselves with every action they take and lie they spew.

Yes, you do.

The right lies as much as the left lies, both sides play the petty partisan politics, the partisan politics being more important than the country actually doing well too.

It's impossible to defend, you can see this nonsense happening all the time on forums like this, and even being played out in Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court, as well as in State govts.

Yes, you do.

The right lies as much as the left lies, both sides play the petty partisan politics, the partisan politics being more important than the country actually doing well too.

It's impossible to defend, you can see this nonsense happening all the time on forums like this, and even being played out in Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court, as well as in State govts.

We always get accused of lying, yet it is never proven.

So many examples of liberal tolerance and openness to different opinions:

Snowflake_Nazi_Melissa_Click.jpg

All people are like this. They used liberals because the test dealt with brains.

All people are like this. They used liberals because the test dealt with brains.
Yes, mentally deficient brains....you should have participated in the test...:lol:

Yes, mentally deficient brains....you should have participated in the test...:lol:
They needed to be able to locate brains, this is why you were not asked to participate.

Forum List

Back