Pro Sports = Get Woke, Go Broke.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Never in American history has there been a greater confirmation of the phrase coined by the internationally bestselling author John Ringo, to express the opinion that when organizations "get woke " to politically correct actions, those same actions usually result in a massive loss of income.

Currently, here has been a major reversal of popularity in televised professional sports. Pro golf (PGA) has always been a low ratings sport - in the basement of ratings compared to NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL. Not any more.
Pro golf which has no involvement with national anthem kneeling, Black Lives Matter names written in fields or uniforms, any so-called woke politics, is now killing the social justice warrior sports in the ratings.

Its not that golf has gotten more popular (although it has gained viewers), it is that the woke sports ratings have taken a nosedive from a massive viewer backlash against woke sports, right as support for BLM is crumbling. Apparently sports viewers aren't cool with being told you're a bad person if you don't agree with a woke reporter or athelte's (spoiled brat) opinion.

There's no doubt about it. Sports are cutting their own throats by being political ignoramuses. I hope their fragile emotions will be much happier when they're poorer and far less exalted. Live and let live. MAGA

Never in American history has there been a greater confirmation of the phrase coined by the internationally bestselling author John Ringo, to express the opinion that when organizations "get woke " to politically correct actions, those same actions usually result in a massive loss of income.

Currently, here has been a major reversal of popularity in televised professional sports. Pro golf (PGA) has always been a low ratings sport - in the basement of ratings compared to NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL. Not any more.
Pro golf which has no involvement with national anthem kneeling, Black Lives Matter names written in fields or uniforms, any so-called woke politics, is now killing the social justice warrior sports in the ratings.

Its not that golf has gotten more popular (although it has gained viewers), it is that the woke sports ratings have taken a nosedive from a massive viewer backlash against woke sports, right as support for BLM is crumbling. Apparently sports viewers aren't cool with being told you're a bad person if you don't agree with a woke reporter or athelte's (spoiled brat) opinion.

I almost feel that it is intentional. Left wingers want as many people poor and miserable as they can get, so not allowing kids in the inner city the ability to make millions of dollars to play a sport is key in this movement.

Haven't watched one second of any sports and I was an addict. Fantasy football with same league since 1995, not playing.

Canceled my subscriptions to everything. No more nfl network, removed all bspn apps, everything. Not one single second of it.

Certainly not the nba, that is for damn sure. They can all go fuck themselves. Them and their cultural marxist shit disguised as civil rights movements for people that are so persecuted that NONE OF THEM ever flee like others do from countries that actually oppress them.

All of their claims are bullshit, and lebron james bought two homes in Brentwood for $23 million and $21 million each can go suck on tiny chinese dicks for all I care. Ignorant fucking typical black millionaire slave spitting on our flag that stands for the opportunities that has provided him and generations of his family with great everlasting wealth.

Do you? there is a sports thread you know.
And there is a politics one, which is what this is. And longtimeTrump-baseher Jefferey Goldberg has really confirmed his place in fake new history, with this ludicrous fabrication using the words "losers and suckers". Just throw any old words out there and the airhead contingent will believe it, Never mind Goldberg hasn't presented a shred of evidence for this mindless mud-sling. No video, no audio, no named witness.

Noting but a contrived attack thrown at the wall, and hoping it will stick and cause Trump to lose votes. This is what Democrats have been reduced to. Sick.

Ratings for A&E Network have plummeted, since it canceled the hit police reality show “Live PD” on June 10, a sign of how much the network relies on law-enforcement programming.

Average prime-time viewership for A&E between June 11 and July 19 was 498,000 people, down 49% from the same period last year, according to data from Nielsen. In the key demographics of adults 18-49 and 25-54, the declines are 55% and 53%, respectively.

Live PD, was a better version of COPS that began airing in 2016. It had dozens of crews following police officers from all over the country.
After the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, another wave of political correctness, mob antics, and anti-police fervor took to the streets. Black Lives Matter was back on the scene and the Live PD offered something that could not be allowed to survive because it showed a) that cops are decent human beings; b) at times offered how hard this job can be in certain situations. Remember, there can be no nuance with the far left. The show ran against the narrative that cops were all quasi-Nazis, so the network axed it. As a result, A&E lost nearly half its viewers (via WSJ):

It’s been a tough year for New York City. Once the epicenter of a pandemic, the city now risks being destroyed by a first-in-the-nation wealth tax designed to aid illegal immigrants, brought by the same Congresswoman who stopped Amazon from creating jobs in the Big Apple. What’s more, amid calls to defund the police, crime has spiked, with murders up 50%.

Get Woke, Go Broke, Big Apple Style
Times will get even tougher for The City That Never Sleeps. The problem? The multimillionaires and billionaires who call the city home have left for their summer homes—and could make the move permanent.

Amid this backdrop of an exodus of wealth, NYC’s budget deficit has exploded. With state and federal aid trickling in, the gap is likely to get far larger with the absence of large taxpayers.

Much of the blame can be attributed to Mayor Bill de Blasio, who has alienated many constituents of the city, as well as the police who have been the backbone of keeping America’s largest city a bastion of law and order for three decades.

Gillette, a company that sells razors primarily to a particular target demographic, i.e. men, decided it would be a good idea to run with a woke advertising campaign vilifying them.

The advert, “We Believe: The Best Men Can Be” focussed on the idea that ‘toxic-masculinity’ would need to be dealt with. It showed men catcalling women, bullying and asked the question, “Is this the best a man can get? Is it?”.

Following the release of the advertisement, Gillette and parent company, P & G received some support, but also a significant amount of backlash. But, the rule proved true once again and P & G took a US $8 billion loss in the value of its 118-year-old shaving company. Although, the company blamed this loss on a strengthened US dollar and smaller market, but the backlash was obvious to anyone on social media or other similar platforms.

The owners of Handsome Her Café in Melbourne, Australia, came up with a brilliant strategy that involved charging men an extra 18 cents to account for the so-called ‘gender pay gap’, as well as making sure women were the first to be seated.

Unsurprisingly, the blatant sexism at the core of the Cafés policies didn’t actually help to increase revenue, and the business closed down after just two years of operations.

Haven't watched one second of any sports and I was an addict. Fantasy football with same league since 1995, not playing.

Canceled my subscriptions to everything. No more nfl network, removed all bspn apps, everything. Not one single second of it.

Certainly not the nba, that is for damn sure. They can all go fuck themselves. Them and their cultural marxist shit disguised as civil rights movements for people that are so persecuted that NONE OF THEM ever flee like others do from countries that actually oppress them.

All of their claims are bullshit, and lebron james bought two homes in Brentwood for $23 million and $21 million each can go suck on tiny chinese dicks for all I care. Ignorant fucking typical black millionaire slave spitting on our flag that stands for the opportunities that has provided him and generations of his family with great everlasting wealth.
If what happened in the World Series is not proof enough of a "plandemic" nothing is. To pull a player off the field late in a game because he supposedly tested positive for COVID is utterly ridiculous. The wool has been pulled over the world's eyes and too many fell for it and continue to believe the hoax that is 100% agenda driven. Sports has been ruined because of it and now I hear the Super Bowl is only going to allow a 20% capacity in attendance. That is a joke.

If what happened in the World Series is not proof enough of a "plandemic" nothing is. To pull a player off the field late in a game because he supposedly tested positive for COVID is utterly ridiculous. The wool has been pulled over the world's eyes and too many fell for it and continue to believe the hoax that is 100% agenda driven. Sports has been ruined because of it and now I hear the Super Bowl is only going to allow a 20% capacity in attendance. That is a joke.
Wait until they force you to take a vaccine required by international law. All produced by the new world order bill gates financed china produced vaccine.

Won't be able to buy or sell and maybe even get a mark showing you are vaccinated and if you don't, you will either be starved to death or executed.

Welcome

Wait until they force you to take a vaccine required by international law. All produced by the new world order bill gates financed china produced vaccine.

Won't be able to buy or sell and maybe even get a mark showing you are vaccinated and if you don't, you will either be starved to death or executed.

Welcome
Theowl32: It's refreshing to read comments from someone else who gets it...what is actually taking place. I'm hoping I'm gone before that day arrives but my wife and I have discussed this over and over again...COVID is a smoke screen for what is actually taking place behind the scenes and the sheep have no idea...they just want to put their mask on and act normal...

All the way from around 1975 to 2012ish... I was an avid fan of the NCAA, NFL and MLB.
Especially all through the 90s...early 2000s with the NCAA and NFL. I never missed a Sunday. And when Sunday Ticket came out - I paid the $$$ and watched more.
By 2012 - 2014... my interest was waning. I was tired of the way College basketball was turning into "pre-NBA"... all about the individual. Team play was dying.
Today - I have not watched a single game this year of either. Have zero interest. May last year of watching NFL was 2018. When the kneeling began... I left. My interests was already less...that was enough to just fuck it... it's nice that Sunday is like a Saturday now.

All the way from around 1975 to 2012ish... I was an avid fan of the NCAA, NFL and MLB.
Especially all through the 90s...early 2000s with the NCAA and NFL. I never missed a Sunday. And when Sunday Ticket came out - I paid the $$$ and watched more.
By 2012 - 2014... my interest was waning. I was tired of the way College basketball was turning into "pre-NBA"... all about the individual. Team play was dying.
Today - I have not watched a single game this year of either. Have zero interest. May last year of watching NFL was 2018. When the kneeling began... I left. My interests was already less...that was enough to just fuck it... it's nice that Sunday is like a Saturday now.
I've been an avid sports fan since 1972...very difficult to just walk away but I'm so far removed from the passion I used to have so I hear you. The NBA is the worst...I definitely will forego a sporting event if I have something better to do. It's a shame because for those around my age, we have the luxury of remembering when sports were SPORTS. But every last sport now has been polluted with bullshit and are very difficult to watch. Worse is that the bullshit is all planned and staged.

I almost feel that it is intentional. Left wingers want as many people poor and miserable as they can get, so not allowing kids in the inner city the ability to make millions of dollars to play a sport is key in this movement.

I'd say that's more than likely. There is some poetic irony. About 95 percent playing professional sports are liberal and they'll keep voting for more libs to have their nose sawed off...too blind to even see what's happening.

Forum List

Back