printer maintenance

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
...seems like my printer does not print well....it's an HP 5000 series bought maybe around 2014 [??? ] ....I just put a new ink cartridge in and it's printing well....but I thought I put one in not long ago because it wasn't printing.....this was the second time I bought new cartridges for the same reason--and I don't use it much at all....sometimes once every 3 weeks--if that
..it says ''ink levels low''--but I don't use it that much
...my question: do I need to use it every week to keep the cartridges clean enough?
..I have a ''clean cartridge'' tool on the printer

..I searched and it says a cartridge will print about 1000 pages...I never print that much in a year ..nowhere near
thanks all replies

Yes you do, I'm not familiar with the envy brand, I have an officejet, and I print several papers a week, I go in spurts, but I would print every week, put it in draft mode and it doesn't take a lot of ink.

...seems like my printer does not print well....it's an HP 5000 series bought maybe around 2014 [??? ] ....I just put a new ink cartridge in and it's printing well....but I thought I put one in not long ago because it wasn't printing.....this was the second time I bought new cartridges for the same reason--and I don't use it much at all....sometimes once every 3 weeks--if that
...my question: do I need to use it every week to keep the cartridges clean enough?

..I searched and it says a cartridge will print about 1000 pages...I never print that much in a year ..nowhere near
thanks all replies
Seriously, chuck it and get a laserjet. No maintenance. Bought mine used around 2007 with a nearly empty cartridge. Just replaced it a couple years ago with a brand new one for $25. And it gives you that clean, hard, professional quality text you don't get from inkjets.

thanks all replies
Seriously, chuck it and get a laserjet. No maintenance. Bought mine used around 2007 with a nearly empty cartridge. Just replaced it a couple years ago with a brand new one for $25. And it gives you that clean, hard, professional quality text you don't get from inkjets.
..thanks ..since we don't use it much, I wan't planning on spending $$$ for a new one, if possible

thanks all replies
..thanks ..since we don't use it much, I wan't planning on spending $$$ for a new one, if possible
Older HP laserjets go cheap and last forever.

thanks all replies
..I'm going to test this like it is and if not, I'll buy one..the Ljet cartridge only 25$??? that's less than one of my ink ones..it takes 2-color and black

I said screw inkjets after 30 years of hassle,,, got a Brother Laser Jet. Awesome printer. If it's asleep and you send a print to it it's awake and done in seconds, very nice quality print.

thanks all replies
..I'm going to test this like it is and if not, I'll buy one..the Ljet cartridge only 25$??? that's less than one of my ink ones..it takes 2-color and black
Yes, if you look around on eBay, you can get aftermarket inkjet cartridges manufactured good as new for around that price. If you buy a laserjet and want one, let me know and I'll see if I can find the same place I bought mine from for you.

thanks all replies
Yes, if you look around on eBay, you can get aftermarket inkjet cartridges manufactured good as new for around that price. If you buy a laserjet and want one, let me know and I'll see if I can find the same place I bought mine from for you.
....roger that thanks.....I guess since I don't print much, I'm not aware of all of that ...much thanks

Forum List

Back