President Trump’s Iran Legacy

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
President Trump has an opportunity to secure his legacy with regard to Iran. It is an opportunity to put the U.S. on the moral high ground, encourage millions of Iranians who have been suffering under the ayatollahs’ yoke, and send a shiver down the spine of the tyrants ruling Iran. And this can be done without costing American taxpayers a penny, and without any further sanctions.

Trump only needs to demand an independent investigation by the United Nations into the massacre of 30,000 political prisoners in Iran. There is a solid basis for such an investigation since much is already known about the circumstances of the massacre. It stemmed from a desire to eliminate all political prisoners after Ayatollah Khomeini accepted a ceasefire with Iraq in July 1988, describing it as drinking a “chalice of poison.”

BJ - Iran, Obama, Jarrett sitting in a tree - K- I-S-S-I-N-G

Thanks for chopping that tree down, Mr. President.

President Trump has an opportunity to secure his legacy with regard to Iran. It is an opportunity to put the U.S. on the moral high ground, encourage millions of Iranians who have been suffering under the ayatollahs’ yoke, and send a shiver down the spine of the tyrants ruling Iran. And this can be done without costing American taxpayers a penny, and without any further sanctions.

Trump only needs to demand an independent investigation by the United Nations into the massacre of 30,000 political prisoners in Iran. There is a solid basis for such an investigation since much is already known about the circumstances of the massacre. It stemmed from a desire to eliminate all political prisoners after Ayatollah Khomeini accepted a ceasefire with Iraq in July 1988, describing it as drinking a “chalice of poison.”

Mr. President has alienated the Iranian populace with his stupid withdrawal from the Iran agreement since they are now suffering because of that withdrawal. Why didn't Mr. President go back to the table and attempt to redefine the agreement first, rather than cheerfully abandon it? Now he has nothing and the Iranians are developing nuclear weapons. The agreement was a start and if it worked out, who knows what may have resulted? Now, we have
a definitive result and it isn't good. The "great" negotiator couldn't negotiate himself out of a paper bag. He
operates through intimidation, which doesn't work.

Trump only needs to demand an independent investigation by the United Nations into the massacre of 30,000 political prisoners in Iran. Ther:smoke:e is a solid basis for such an investigation since much is already known about the circumstances of the massacre. It stemmed from a desire to eliminate all political prisoners after Ayatollah Khomeini accepted a ceasefire with Iraq in July 1988, describing it as drinking a “chalice of poison.”

We have to make sure the Neocons don't drag us to war with Iran which could be the trigger for WW3:smoke:

Wait, so the conservatives constantly are derogatory towards the UN think that it’s going to somehow save Trump’s poorly thought out Iran policy?

Get real.

Mr. President has alienated the Iranian populace with his stupid withdrawal from the Iran agreement since they are now suffering because of that withdrawal. Why didn't Mr. President go back to the table and attempt to redefine the agreement first, rather than cheerfully abandon it? Now he has nothing and the Iranians are developing nuclear weapons. The agreement was a start and if it worked out, who knows what may have resulted? Now, we have
a definitive result and it isn't good. The "great" negotiator couldn't negotiate himself out of a paper bag. He

Nope

Obama gave them cash
Cash used to build weapons to kill Americans and Israelis.
They admitted that they never stopped their Nuclear Program.

Nope

Obama gave them cash
We`ve been threatening Iran for several decades and we`ve surrounded them with over 30 military bases. I don`t blame them for wanting a nuke.

Nope

Obama gave them cash
We`ve been threatening Iran for several decades and we`ve surrounded them with over 30 military bases. I don`t blame them for wanting a nuke.

I believe you.

Nope

Obama gave them cash
Obama gave them their money that we withheld due to the sanctions. Stopping their nuclear program was not the purpose and they refused to agree to that. My point is that it was the beginning of a dialogue.

Damn -

That's not at all what the last admin claimed.
Ya, it is.
"The nuclear agreement included China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, so Obama didn’t carry out any part of it on his own. The deal did lift some sanctions, which lifted a freeze on Iran’s assets that were held largely in foreign, not U.S., banks. And, to be clear, the money that was unfrozen belonged to Iran. It had only been made inaccessible by sanctions aimed at crippling the country’s nuclear program"

Trump, of course, flapped away about it and was fabricating as usual.

Damn -

Ya, it is.
"The nuclear agreement included China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, so Obama didn’t carry out any part of it on his own. The deal did lift some sanctions, which lifted a freeze on Iran’s assets that were held largely in foreign, not U.S., banks. And, to be clear, the money that was unfrozen belonged to Iran. It had only been made inaccessible by sanctions aimed at crippling the country’s nuclear program"

Nope

Damn -

Ya, it is.

Nope
yep, Trump has you snookered again.

Damn -

Ya, it is.

Nope

President Trump is doing exactly what we sent him to Washington to do.
I understand that it is not what you want him to.
If it makes you feel calmer to think someone is feel fooled - that's fine
It is not reality, but fine for you none the less.

Damn -

Ya, it is.

Nope

President Trump is doing exactly what we sent him to Washington to do.
I understand that it is not what you want him to.
If it makes you feel calmer to think someone is feel fooled - that's fine
It is not reality, but fine for you none the less.
We didn't send Trump to alienate almost all the countries in the free world. We were the leader of the free world,
but no more. With Trump, we will be an isolationist country and our exports will be negatively affected, prices will skyrocket for you as imports slow. I don't think that you are being fooled. You are being fooled.

Forum List

Back