President Trump to be left off 2020 ballots unless he shows his tax returns, Washington State says

Which Trump is not legally required to do.
Thank you captain obvious. He is Also not legally required not to wear an ape suit and climb on his desk during interviews.

But we can still criticize him for it. Well, in my country we can. Not sure how it works for you in mother russia.

Thank you captain obvious. He is Also not legally required not to wear an ape suit and climb on his desk during interviews.
So true. So why is Washington threatening to remove Trump from their state ballot for not doing something he isn't required to do?

I think if you look at the issue you'll find this is the pertinent point.

But we can still criticize him for it. Well, in my country we can. Not sure how it works for you in mother russia.
Criticizing Trump is one thing and that's all proper and expected. Deleting the president's name from the Washington state ballot is the issue.

Well, it is in this country, anyway. Not sure about the take at Bedlam Sanitarium where you surely must be posting from.

So why is Washington threatening to remove Trump from their state ballot for not doing something he isn't required to do?
Because, as it turns out, legislators can make new laws. Maybe next week we can cover what "voting" is. Then, we can watch a cute little cartoon about a bill. Then you willbe up to speed with a 4th grader.

Because, as it turns out, legislators can make new laws.
They sure can however not every new law is in compliance with other laws that supersede it. I don't know if anyone ever told you about this.

Maybe next week we can cover what "voting" is. Then, we can watch a cute little cartoon about a bill. Then you willbe up to speed with a 4th grader.
Ironic that the dunce tries to show up the guy who happens to know what he's talking about. Such smug presumption is a sign of an interesting condition.

So why is Washington threatening to remove Trump from their state ballot for not doing something he isn't required to do?
Because, as it turns out, legislators can make new laws. Maybe next week we can cover what "voting" is. Then, we can watch a cute little cartoon about a bill. Then you willbe up to speed with a 4th grader.

Study Civics, Dummy. You and AOC should have been left back in grade school

Y’all are silly. Washington is a winner-take-all state with 12 electoral votes.

If Trump is on the ballot, he will still get 0 electoral votes in that state.

Another vapid post by francis the slayer of the english language....

Neato! But you forgot to enlighten us all on what relevance that has on this topic.

Be specific.
I think I stated the issue very clearly right up front in post #53. I even said "I think if you look at this issue you'll find this is the pertinent point".

It's not a clue or a hidden message. I'm telling you in plain unambiguous words where the relevance is.

Is there an literate adult around who can help you out?

Neato! But you forgot to enlighten us all on what relevance that has on this topic.

Be specific.
I think I stated the issue very clearly right up front in post #53. I even said "I think if you look at this issue you'll find this is the pertinent point".

It's not a clue or a hidden message. I'm telling you in plain unambiguous words where the relevance is.

Is there an literate adult around who can help you out?
Haha, whatever, you fraud. You mentioned only two things:

"Gee, why are they making a law?"

And something about superseding law. And now I am putting the spotlight on you so that you can tell the class precisely which superseding law to which you are referring, or so that you can cobble something, anything together resembling a coherent thought on the topic you, yourself, breached. Now, run along and furiously google for something to prop up your vapid bloviating. Good luck!

Another vapid post by francis the slayer of the english language....

I blame social promotions for your overall lack of knowledge about the US government. You should find the video enlightening

Trump to be left off 2020 ballots unless he shows his tax returns, Washington State says

Donald Trump’s name will not appear on voting ballots in Washington State if the president fails to release his tax returns ahead of the 2020 elections.

Lawmakers in the Washington State senate approved major legislation this week that would legally require all presidential candidates to release the last five years of their personal tax returns in order to have their names featured on both primary and general voting ballots.

Surely they have finished that audit by now ?

I wonder if this is a wise move ? Doesnt it create a precedent ? Trump is a bad apple but this type of tactic could be used to exclude decent people.

Honest people don't have a thing to worry about. If it excludes dishonest people, it's a breath of fresh air and would stop MOST of the Presidential Wanna be's cold in their tracks. Imagine, an Honest Abe President. It's been a very long time. I believe the last one was Ike.
Did Abe Lincoln make all of his personal tax documents public?

Yes, he made all his Federal Tax returns available on request.
Have the majority of US presidents done the same?

What about all other taxes? Did he make those public too?

Last edited:
Trump to be left off 2020 ballots unless he shows his tax returns, Washington State says

Donald Trump’s name will not appear on voting ballots in Washington State if the president fails to release his tax returns ahead of the 2020 elections.

Lawmakers in the Washington State senate approved major legislation this week that would legally require all presidential candidates to release the last five years of their personal tax returns in order to have their names featured on both primary and general voting ballots.

I wonder if this is a wise move ? Doesnt it create a precedent ? Trump is a bad apple but this type of tactic could be used to exclude decent people.

And it will be found to be unconstitutional as there is no constitutional requirement to publicly disclose tax returns

LOL

So there is a Constitutional requirement that one must make tax records public?

Nope. There is however a 10th Amendment.
Sorry but the requirements to run for president is not one of those things the 10th covers
Article 2 of the US constitution clearly states the requirements to be eligible for the US presidency.

And both Chester Arthur and Barack Obama were clearly not eligible. Nor was Marco Rubio or Rafael (Ted) Cruz.

Last edited:
Haha, whatever, you fraud. You mentioned only two things:

"Gee, why are they making a law?"

And something about superseding law. And now I am putting the spotlight on you so that you can tell the class precisely which superseding law to which you are referring, or so that you can cobble something, anything together resembling a coherent thought on the topic you, yourself, breached. Now, run along and furiously google for something to prop up your vapid bloviating. Good luck!
Washington's new law assumes legal license it does not possess. I can't make it any clearer.
Trump is not legally required to release tax information. Washington therefore cannot demand that he do such a thing.

You can sit there and hurl your little insults from what I can only assume is your crib but you are only making yourself look like a real dimwitted moron, not that I mind.

Article 2 of the US constitution clearly states the requirements to be eligible for the US presidency.
But one can meet those requirements and still not be eligble to be on a state's presidential ballot. So how is that relevant in the least?
I doubt that SCOTUS is going to buy that flimsy excuse to usurp the presidency.

And it will be found to be unconstitutional as there is no constitutional requirement to publicly disclose tax returns
On what grounds?

The states conduct elections, not the Federal government.

Instead of trying to come up with policies that help Americans, Liberals are trying to change the voting laws to their advantage. Just shows how desperate they are. That's what happens when the economy is doing well and the unemployment rate is at a record low.

On what grounds?

The states conduct elections, not the Federal government.

The law that applies to situations where state and federal laws disagree is called the supremacy clause, which is part of article VI of the Constitution. The supremacy clause contains what’s known as the doctrine of pre-emption, which says that the federal government wins in the case of conflicting legislation.

In other words, the State can't make up election rules that supersede Federal rules.

Forum List

Back