President should return his Nobel Prize

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Since he got it for peace, pledging to eliminate the US' nuclear stockpile, and just approved a ramping up and 'modernization' of the nuclear stockpile, it would seem he's rengged on what he was awarded the Prize for. So if he's an honorable man, he should do the honorable thing and return it.

Is Obama Changing His Mind About Nuclear Weapons - Douglas Birch - POLITICO Magazine

"Since the start of his presidency, Barack Obama has been clear that one of his major goals was to secure nuclear weapons and materials. As recently as March, at the Nuclear Security Summit in Holland, the president declared: “It is important for us not to relax but rather accelerate our efforts over the next two years.”"

BBC NEWS Europe Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

"US President Barack Obama has been awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

The Nobel Committee said he won it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

The committee highlighted Mr Obama's efforts to support international bodies and promote nuclear disarmament. "

I'll go one further. He never should have accepted it to start with.

The Nobel Committee has debased the award for years, making political statements instead of recognizing those who really work for peace.

All Obama did was "not be George W. Bush".

Well, shit, I'm not George W. Bush either. WHere's my fucking prize?

Forum List

Back