Possible naked-eye comet will visit Earth for 1st time since Neanderthals in 2023

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
According to NASA(opens in new tab), observers in the Northern Hemisphere will be able to find the comet in the morning sky, as it moves in the direction of the northwest during January. C/2022 E3 (ZTF) will become visible for observers in the Southern Hemisphere in early February 2023.

According to NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), the comet has a period of around 50,000 years. This means that prior to it coming to within around 100 million miles (160 million kilometers) of the sun on Jan. 12 and 26 million miles (42 million kilometers) of Earth on Feb. 2, the last time it came so close was during the Upper Paleolithic period on Earth.

This is pretty awesome. It's definitely once in a life time.

Where I live you don't have a clear sky till about June, so there is that.

Not a millionth as interesting as Oumuamua was .
A visitor from outside our solar system with intelligent design .

Elsewhere somebody thought that was a rock and an asteroid .
Twerp .
DYO very detailed R.

Not a millionth as interesting as Oumuamua was .
A visitor from outside our solar system with intelligent design .

Elsewhere somebody thought that was a rock and an asteroid .
Twerp .
DYO very detailed R.
Yes but if you are traveling in a large rock to pass earth how intelligent can you be?

I would think you would have better things to do with your time and more common sense to risk getting involved with humans.

If human beings can destroy their own planet they can destroy your planet.

Yes but if you are traveling in a large rock to pass earth how intelligent can you be?

I would think you would have better things to do with your time and more common sense to risk getting involved with humans.

If human beings can destroy their own planet they can destroy your planet.
You are trying to think as though you could converse with something a thousand or more light years older .
It could have been their equivalent of our unmanned craft or just one that wanted to check on a detail in passing .

As for dealing with humans . Probably about as difficult as adding two and two .

Added .
It was no rock . It reflected sunlight and was metallic . They did not tell you that .

giphy.gif

Unless it's making a pitstop to pick me up and take me off this lunatic planet...........I'm not interested.

Forum List

Back