Portland Police Had Their Own Peaceful Protest

A BLM/Antifa moron decided to use his car to block traffic.
So the police slashed all his tires.

I'd bet the car is stolen.

And when it is traced to its rightful owner, the police now owe that owner the cost of replacing the tires that they vandalized.
They can suck it up...they can use their insurance to cover it.

And when it is traced to its rightful owner, the police now owe that owner the cost of replacing the tires that they vandalized.

Yup. Insurance is wonderful thing. Especially when the payout doesn't come close to replacing your car or business. Insurance is a must.

I wonder how long it took to get the car out of whoever's way that it was in since slashing the tires only made it un-drivable.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Sure bud, portlanders will slowly get what they deserve. I can't wait.

s-l300.png

Yup. Insurance is wonderful thing. Especially when the payout doesn't come close to replacing your car or business. Insurance is a must.

That's a JoeB131 argument, that it is OK to steal or destroy other people's property, because insurance will cover it, and if one doesn't have sufficient insurance, then it's one's own fault and one deserves to take the loss.

BlueGin is in such noble company making that argument. Such great company, that only through the use of heavy sarcasm can I truly and properly address it.

That's a JoeB131 argument, that it is OK to steal or destroy other people's property, because insurance will cover it, and if one doesn't have sufficient insurance, then it's one's own fault and one deserves to take the loss.

BlueGin is in such noble company making that argument. Such great company, that only through the use of heavy sarcasm can I truly and properly address it.
I was being sarcastic. Isn’t that what the rioters tell everyone else whose property they destroy?

I was being sarcastic. Isn’t that what the rioters tell everyone else whose property they destroy?

I guess that's a problem on such forums as this, as sarcasm can be difficult to recognize.

I don't know that I've heard that argument made seriously by anyone other than JoeB131, who frequently makes it in defense of various forms of thieves and vandals; who truly seems to see nothing wrong with stealing or destroying other people's property.

That's a @JoeB131 argument, that it is OK to steal or destroy other people's property, because insurance will cover it, and if one doesn't have sufficient insurance, then it's one's own fault and one deserves to take the loss.

@BlueGin is in such @noble company making that argument. Such great @company, that only through the use of heavy sarcasm can I truly and properly address it.

Oh, Mormon Bob, I'm glad I live in your head, getting you to cream your Magic Underwear just thinking about me.

I guess that's a problem on such forums as this, as sarcasm can be difficult to recognize.

I don't know that I've heard that argument made seriously by anyone other than @JoeB131, who frequently makes it in defense of various forms of thieves and vandals; who truly seems to see nothing wrong with stealing or destroying other people's property.

I'm just not materialistic. Property can be replaced. Heck, I've had my home robbed. Was really upset about it at the time. They stole technology from me that would be obsolete now.

The problem is, you seem to think it's okay to shoot people because they are threatening property. I don't. Human life is more valuable.

Heck, I would even consider saving Mormon lives more important than protecting property.

I guess that's a problem on such forums as this, as sarcasm can be difficult to recognize
You must have inherited some of the liberal gene. They never get sarcasm

I'm not going to go and look up more details to augment my fading memory of it, but I am reminded of an exchange in the movie Roxanne, which was a modern comedic reimagining of the classic play about Cyrano de Bergerac. The Cyrano de Bergerac character (called by a different name in this movie, that has the same initials, CDB), played by Steve Martin, responds to sarcasm from the Roxanne character (played by Darryl Hannah) by taking it as true and literal, and acting accordingly. She ends up having to explain that she was being “ironic”, (that word being used her instead of “sarcastic” which would have been more correct) whereupon the Cyrano character explains that they don't get irony in this community, that he used to be the only practitioner of it, but gave it up because nobody else got it.

Of course, that movie was made a long time ago, long before the rise of the Internet and online forums, where sarcasm poses a greater problem than what was depicted in the movie.

Forum List

Back