Portland deploying unarmed park rangers to combat surge in shootings

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
The Portland City Council in Oregon has a new plan to fight a rising tide of gun violence: deploying unarmed park rangers who are not sworn law enforcement officers in some of the city's most dangerous quarters.

The city moved forward with the plan on Wednesday, giving the rangers a $1.4 million boost to "provide a positive, unarmed community safety presence in Portland’s parks and surrounding neighborhoods." People in the program can enforce park ordinances, and "when voluntary compliance cannot be gained, exclusions or ejections may be used, as well as civil penalties in limited cases."

Costing the city nearly $6 million, the plan does not allocate anything to bolster the Portland Police Bureau as the area has experienced roughly 250 shootings in 2021 so far, compared to 111 in the first few months of 2020. Instead, law enforcement officers have been directed to "realign internal resources to create six (6) additional assault investigative detectives and one (1) sergeant to coordinate on gun-related investigations."

"The devastating rise in gun violence in Portland and across the nation requires an urgent response and today the Portland City council took action," Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty wrote in a tweet. "This afternoon the City Council unanimously passed a comprehensive gun violence reduction proposal."

LOL, how'd ya like to have that job? Unarmed park rangers going into Portland's most dangerous places. Anybody here want to sign up for that?

...they either have to let criminals do what they want/leave a crime scene/etc or, at the least, get into a physical altercation = dumb

Those people out there are nuts.

I'd turn in my resignation if they wouldn't take no for my answer.

1617917804265.png

Cluster frak waiting to happen.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

The Portland City Council in Oregon has a new plan to fight a rising tide of gun violence: deploying unarmed park rangers who are not sworn law enforcement officers in some of the city's most dangerous quarters.

The city moved forward with the plan on Wednesday, giving the rangers a $1.4 million boost to "provide a positive, unarmed community safety presence in Portland’s parks and surrounding neighborhoods." People in the program can enforce park ordinances, and "when voluntary compliance cannot be gained, exclusions or ejections may be used, as well as civil penalties in limited cases."

Costing the city nearly $6 million, the plan does not allocate anything to bolster the Portland Police Bureau as the area has experienced roughly 250 shootings in 2021 so far, compared to 111 in the first few months of 2020. Instead, law enforcement officers have been directed to "realign internal resources to create six (6) additional assault investigative detectives and one (1) sergeant to coordinate on gun-related investigations."

"The devastating rise in gun violence in Portland and across the nation requires an urgent response and today the Portland City council took action," Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty wrote in a tweet. "This afternoon the City Council unanimously passed a comprehensive gun violence reduction proposal."

LOL, how'd ya like to have that job? Unarmed park rangers going into Portland's most dangerous places. Anybody here want to sign up for that?

I drive all around H-Town and lived in Joliet, so Portland roughest part is most likely like Bellaire and Wilcrest in Houston!

Still who the hell got the bright idea to send Park Rangers in to do a job that is fit for LEO and make them unarmed?

I drive all around H-Town and lived in Joliet, so Portland roughest part is most likely like Bellaire and Wilcrest in Houston!

Still who the hell got the bright idea to send Park Rangers in to do a job that is fit for LEO and make them unarmed?
Fear not, 5the park rangers will team up with a qualified social worker also unarmed

Guns kill people. Good on Portland for recognizing that.

NO. People kill other people. And sending out unarmed park rangers into harm's way is dumbshit stupid. I kinda doubt they have much training if any in dealing with people who are armed and dangerous.

" Still who the hell got the bright idea to send Park Rangers in to do a job that is fit for LEOs and make them unarmed? "

Progressive liberal democrats of course. Who else would be that stupid?

Fear not, 5the park rangers will team up with a qualified social worker also unarmed

I lived in Portland thirty years ago, and have to admit even then the place was kind of scum like...

A. K. A . Democrats.
I know democrats right here, but not nutball's like that. Somebody needs to check the ground water or something out there. My uncle moved out of there, and told me it was an influx of California people that ruined the state.
What ones do you know that are different?
This is Tennessee. Homey don't play that. The stereotypes don't seem to be in place here.

Fuck yeah. It would be just like I was in high school again!

Just think about how much contraband you could sell in such an environment.

Very bad idea.

Total morons.

Portland deploying unarmed park rangers to combat surge in shootings

A. K. A . Democrats.
I know democrats right here, but not nutball's like that. Somebody needs to check the ground water or something out there. My uncle moved out of there, and told me it was an influx of California people that ruined the state.
What ones do you know that are different?
This is Tennessee. Homey don't play that. The stereotypes don't seem to be in place here.
They voted for biden ?

Forum List

Back