Popular songs that suck (ed)

I am gonna get hated on, but my vote goes to Queens Bohemian Rhapsody.
Gawd, I hate that song.

Oh.
Can't forget The Safety Dance.

:puke:
You are not alone, lots of folks don't like it.
Personally I like the audacity of it I suppose. Certainly is different. Most people think the odd lyrics have no meaning or purpose - when in reality every single word/phrase has meaning in Mercury's life.
He actually thought up the song from early college days, wanting to make a song that is a mixture of "opera and hard rock".
To me - it is a fun song. That has been sung out in drunken parties 100,000 times all over the world.

Personally I like the audacity of it I suppose. Certainly is different. Most people think the odd lyrics have no meaning or purpose - when in reality every single word/phrase has meaning in Mercury's life.
He actually thought up the song from early college days, wanting to make a song that is a mixture of "opera and hard rock".
To me - it is a fun song. That has been sung out in drunken parties 100,000 times all over the world.

My operatic tenor husband actually liked it, and he HATED popular music.

Wayne's World really helped it.

1:55 in sealed it's popularity.

My operatic tenor husband actually liked it, and he HATED popular music.

It is basically Freddie Mercury's life in a song. From start to finish.
The phrase "Bizmillah! Will not let you go! Let him go! Will not let you go! Bizmillah! "
Sounds like nonsense, but it is Freddie struggling with his familes deep religious ties and how he wants to get away from it without destroying his relationship with them.
Bizmillah is an arabic word meaning "in God's name". Freddie used the word as a reference to religion in general.

And there is this one...

aargh.gif

It is basically Freddie Mercury's life in a song. From start to finish.
The phrase "Bizmillah! Will not let you go! Let him go! Will not let you go! Bizmillah! "
Sounds like nonsense, but it is Freddie struggling with his familes deep religious ties and how he wants to get away from it without destroying his relationship with them.
Bizmillah is an arabic word meaning "in God's name". Freddie used the word as a reference to religion in general.

You are right. Bismillah or Bismallah. The tiresome act of transliterating gets to be a bore at times.

But yes, it's easy to see what you're saying.

Have you seen Freddie Mercury's childhood home in Zanzibar? Pretty interesting. I think it's a hotel now.

Forum List

Back