Politicians are destroying our nation based on changing "best guesses" and fear.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

There is some insightful and terrifying information in this video. From annual drug deaths to forcibly removing people from their homes to "protect" their family. Then the MASSIVE increase of mental health and suicide hotline calls and services.

I don't know what the solution to this mess is but bankrupting our nation isn't it.
For the first time in my life I am worried about the financial future of myself and those close to me.

Trump already said that its the governor's call when to strart opening the businesses in their states. All state situations are different. NY State may open early, but NYC stay closed longer due to population density.
I'm hoping that by the end of April Trump allows governors to restart businesses in a prudent manner with mitigation measures still in-place.
For example:
1. Golf courses open but not the bar and restaurant (i.e. still take-out)
2. Landscapers and lawn care open
3. Stores open with limits on customers
4. Restaurants open with limits on patrons

Your answer will be provided once this virus is defeated. If the world continues to be silent about confronting Communist China, then we all have reason to worry.

As I've said many this, this is why America is the last stand. We need individual liberty and freedom, the U.S constitution and capitalism provides this, NO country, be it Canada or anywhere else, shares these goals through governments and police agencies. We are seeing the potential power of what a virus can do to destroy humanities classical liberal goals.

Who is best guessing and using fear more than our Dopey Donald?
What fear has Trump promoted? From all I've seen the man has tried to promote all the positive aspects of this situation he can.
You on crack or something?
You only see what you want. Typical of a Trumper Instead of articulating responses you rely on insults, disparaging remarks, lies and Trumper talking points.

• Banned
What fear has Trump promoted? From all I've seen the man has tried to promote all the positive aspects of this situation he can.
You only see what you want. Typical of a Trumper Instead of articulating responses you rely on insults, disparaging remarks, lies and Trumper talking points.
WTF are you talking about? Point out Trumps fear mongering or stfu

If the media hype 24/7 nonstop coverage ends as the situation in NYC improves but cases are still increasing in the rest of the country, it will be a clear demonstration of who the media really is.

There is some insightful and terrifying information in this video. From annual drug deaths to forcibly removing people from their homes to "protect" their family. Then the MASSIVE increase of mental health and suicide hotline calls and services.

I don't know what the solution to this mess is but bankrupting our nation isn't it.
For the first time in my life I am worried about the financial future of myself and those close to me.

Grampa, I agree with the other poster, the governors will decide. As a conservative; or partial conservative anyway, you must realize that one size does not fit all. Edicts from Washington will not work here on the decision. Localized people know far more on the effects this is having on their community.

I get the decision Trump had to make to shut it down. But, I believe the leaders of each state should have the right and bear the responsibility of when to open it back up, and the manner in which they decide to do it, with their own timeline. It is they who should be rewarded or punished at the ballot box for the decision they come up with, it is their state!

P.S. This could shift the political landscape tremendously! If they guess wrong, it will not, nor should it be Trump responsible for their decision of when, and how. They want to lead? Now lead!

They are talking 'Round 4' Stimulus when the 'Round 1' checks have not even been mailed out and the effects not measured / able to be measured yet.

Several words and phrases jump to mind while looking at all of this:

'Knee-jerk'

'Cooler Heads Prevail'

'Never Let A Crisis go To Waste'

President Trump stated we can not allow the 'cure' to become more devastating than the disease. In a lot of ways, I think, we are already at, if not past, that point.

Trump has made it clear anyone in government who tells the truth or criticizes him will be terminated from government employment or attacked during his campaign press conferences and briefings. In addition, he is suggesting over 200,000 Americans will die and nothing can be done for preventing it. He lamely tries to convince Americans everything possible for saving them has been done, covering up his failures and incompetence.

Trump has made it clear anyone in government who tells the truth or criticizes him will be terminated from government employment or attacked during his campaign press conferences and briefings. In addition, he is suggesting over 200,000 Americans will die and nothing can be done for preventing it. He lamely tries to convince Americans everything possible for saving them has been done, covering up his failures and incompetence.
another idiot on the iggy list

Nonsensical jibberish

Nonsensical jibberish
Articulate. Do you know what the word means?

Just ask Trump what will happen if he’s not re-elected. He gets very apocalyptic.

Don't listen to Trump - take him out of the equation. Take COVID-19 out of the equation and its effect on the economy, as well - it was a disaster that could not have been averted due to the actions of the Chinese.

Prior to all of this the economy was a freight train, the strongest in decade, lowest unemployment in decades - in some cases ever, stock market hitting record highs, Obama Diplomat appointees testifying that foreign relations under Trump being better, etc...

Now compare that to the promises made by his Democrat opposition:
Higher taxes
A reversal of every successful economic policy
Fewer jobs, elimination of jobs/higher pay/raises/bonuses
Insane new policies - like outlawing the internal combustion engine and use of fossil fuels
Reliance for energy on technology not even developed yet
Higher number of Americans on food stamps, welfare, etc...
Outlawing privately owned health care

The alternative is not 'apocalyptic', but they are completely opposite sides of a coin.

Of course one can not simply take COVID-19 out of the equation - the country has forever been changed, and I am not just talking about 'social distancing'. 'Government' took massive steps forward in growth and power / authority it used to override Constitutional Rights in many cases. And Liberals could not have asked for a greater early 'Christmas present' to help push their agenda of bringing about a Socialized Single Payer health care system than COVID-19.

From that to the new TRILLIONS of dollars being added to the debt to keep the nation's economy's heart beating and to kick start it when 'all this is over', the country was thrust into a whole new uncharted course due to COVID-19 which is going to need a new plan. There will be no 'picking back up where we left off' before COVID-19 because so much has changed and so much is different now.

Forum List

Back