POLICE STATE: Park Ranger Caught On Camera Pointing Pistol At Couple...

Why are we giving so many thug bullies guns & badges? What's going on?

A Chesapeake park ranger was caught on camera pointing his pistol at a couple. It was a confrontation that started because the couple left a city park after closing time.

“I was hoping he wasn’t going to shoot at us,” says Dylan Newton, who recorded a 7-minute video of the ranger. “With all the things going on in the media with cops using excessive force and all these videos coming out like that’s the only thing running through my head like I’m going to be one of these people.”

Newton says it all happened Sunday night at the city’s Northwest River Park off Indian Creek Road.

Newton says he and his girlfriend had gone on a hike and were driving out a few minutes past the park’s 6:15 p.m. closing time when the ranger stopped them.

Newton says the ranger asked him three times to turn off his car and hand over his license and registration. He says he asked several times why he was being stopped and who the ranger was, but he got no answer.

“I turned off my car, my hands were in my lap, I proceeded to put my hands on the wheel and I saw him reach for his weapon,” he says. “So I turned my car on because I was genuinely terrified for my girlfriend and myself at that point.”...

Chesapeake park ranger caught on camera pointing pistol at couple leaving park past closing time

Well, if we go with the typical logic on this board the officer was right to draw down on him and as soon as the officer or the chief tells us why that was ok, I'll tell you why.

Putting hands on your lap could be aggressive.

Asking the cops questions is disrespectful.

Watch

Too many hair triggered goons with guns & badges these days. Look at em 'wrong', you could die.

Bottom line is, once more cops start getting arrested and prosecuted, they'll all begin to fall in line. Up till now, they have never felt any real threat of punishment. More doing hard prison time will change the behavior of others.
Again, you just repeat the same simple minded shit you heard without any actual thought of your own.

Yeah, you said that. We get it, you're a hateful Authority-Worshipper. Got anything else?
I'll bet you live in a nice gated suburban community.......don't you.

Irrelevant.

Why are we giving so many thug bullies guns & badges? What's going on?

A Chesapeake park ranger was caught on camera pointing his pistol at a couple. It was a confrontation that started because the couple left a city park after closing time.

“I was hoping he wasn’t going to shoot at us,” says Dylan Newton, who recorded a 7-minute video of the ranger. “With all the things going on in the media with cops using excessive force and all these videos coming out like that’s the only thing running through my head like I’m going to be one of these people.”

Newton says it all happened Sunday night at the city’s Northwest River Park off Indian Creek Road.

Newton says he and his girlfriend had gone on a hike and were driving out a few minutes past the park’s 6:15 p.m. closing time when the ranger stopped them.

Newton says the ranger asked him three times to turn off his car and hand over his license and registration. He says he asked several times why he was being stopped and who the ranger was, but he got no answer.

“I turned off my car, my hands were in my lap, I proceeded to put my hands on the wheel and I saw him reach for his weapon,” he says. “So I turned my car on because I was genuinely terrified for my girlfriend and myself at that point.”...

Chesapeake park ranger caught on camera pointing pistol at couple leaving park past closing time

Well, if we go with the typical logic on this board the officer was right to draw down on him and as soon as the officer or the chief tells us why that was ok, I'll tell you why.

Putting hands on your lap could be aggressive.

Asking the cops questions is disrespectful.

Watch
If you don't keep your hands on the steering wheel in a situation like that, then you're just plain stupid.

Yes, submit or die. What a country we've become.

And we have the War on Drugs to thank for it.

I clearly remember the time when police carefully avoided taking any kind of official action unless they had substantive cause -- not suspicion. And they knew better than to involve themselves in petty nonsense, because if an incident evolved to the level where an arrest became necessary their bosses would get on them because it removed them from patrol -- which serves the function of deterring real crime.

Now, if you watch the TV "ride-along" documentary, COPS, you will see an endless progression of police officers deliberately and diligently wasting their time on car-stops which turn into petty drug arrests which ultimately serve absolutely no constructive purpose. And I'm not talking about someone who is driving while blitzed on something. I'm talking about a minor moving violation that could be dismissed with a traffic summons but after a half hour of suspicion-based questioning and a search, often after a drug-sniffing dog is summoned, ends up as an arrest for possession of a small amount of marijuana, or a syringe, or a crack pipe, or a hit or two of methamphetamine, etc. Each such incident, and they are constant, wastes hours of several cops' time, not to mention the cost of processing, detention, the court case, and on and on.

The police, themselves, are well aware that this extremely common activity serves no useful purpose. Even though some of them deceive themselves with the false assertion that they are doing something worthwhile, those with IQs above 85 know very well the drug war is a counterproductive failure, because drugs and drug use are no less prevalent today than they were when Ronald Reagan escalated Nixon's folly in 1982. The waste in police manpower and tax revenue since then is and has been monumental.

Yet here we have a nitwit Park Ranger involving himself in an avoidable curfew violation -- because he suspected there might be drugs or weapons involved, which there were none of. And look what came of it.

Plus we have a chorus of authoritarian/dominant voices insisting this sort of wasteful nonsense is right and useful -- and the bottom line in their reasoning is we should always obey the police.

Last edited:
And we have the War on Drugs to thank for it.

I clearly remember the time when police carefully avoided taking any kind of official action unless they had substantive cause -- not suspicion. And they knew better than to involve themselves in petty nonsense, because if an incident evolved to the level where an arrest became necessary their bosses would get on them because it removed them from patrol -- which serves the function of deterring real crime.

Now, if you watch the TV "ride-along" documentary, COPS, you will see an endless progression of police officers deliberately and diligently wasting their time on car-stops which turn into petty drug arrests which ultimately serve absolutely no constructive purpose. And I'm not talking about someone who is driving while blitzed on something. I'm talking about a minor moving violation that could be dismissed with a traffic summons but after a half hour of suspicion-based questioning and a search, often after a drug-sniffing dog is summoned, ends up as an arrest for possession of a small amount of marijuana, or a syringe, or a crack pipe, or a hit or two of methamphetamine, etc. Each such incident, and they are constant, wastes hours of several cops' time, not to mention the cost of processing, detention, the court case, and on and on.

The police, themselves, are well aware that this extremely common activity serves no useful purpose. Even though some of them deceive themselves with the false assertion that they are doing something worthwhile, those with IQs above 85 know very well the drug war is a counterproductive failure, because drugs and drug use are no less prevalent today than they were when Ronald Reagan escalated Nixon's folly in 1982. The waste in police manpower and tax revenue since then is and has been monumental.

Yet here we have a nitwit Park Ranger involving himself in an avoidable curfew violation -- because he suspected there might be drugs or weapons involved, which there were none of. And look what came of it.

Plus we have a chorus of authoritarian/dominant voices insisting this sort of wasteful nonsense is right and useful -- and the bottom line in their reasoning is we should always obey the police.

Yeah, the Government has used the 'War on Drugs' to take so much of our civil liberties away. Most drugs should be decriminalized and the DEA should be abolished. The DEA is nothing more than a criminal gang itself. End the 'War on Drugs', and we might restore some of our rights.

Forum List

Back