Police cars in Jefferson County, Illinois will now say "In God We Trust".

Who gives a shit?

If it's on our money why can't it be on police cars?

More atheist faux outrage

It shouldn't be on our money.

But it is and it won't be going away any time soon

Hey I'm an atheist but I'm not going to get my boxers in a twist over in god we trust as far as I'm concerned it's about as meaningful as in Mickey Mouse we trust

It's going away at some point. You are an odd Athiest, then.

I'm not interested in having religion represented in any government function. I'll leave that to nations that don't separate church and state.

Why get upset over something you believe is a fiction?

So the fuck what if it says in god we trust on a hundred dollar bill, it spends the same no matter what slogan is on it.

I don't get upset over prayer in school or donated monuments with a religious undertone.

IMO it's no more offensive than a cartoon character

Who gives a shit?

Hey I'm an atheist but I'm not going to get my boxers in a twist over in god we trust as far as I'm concerned it's about as meaningful as in Mickey Mouse we trust

I'm not interested in having religion represented in any government function. I'll leave that to nations that don't separate church and state.

So the fuck what if it says in god we trust on a hundred dollar bill, it spends the same no matter what slogan is on it.

I don't get upset over prayer in school or donated monuments with a religious undertone.

A cartoon character? Are you equating Jesus with Daffy Duck....as in both are imaginary?

I think you are rationalizing. Why? Because you agree with religious nutjobs on many issues.......so you are not willing to offend them by suggesting that their beliefs don't belong anywhere near our system of government.

You say that you don't believe in any god......but you are fine with others making a belief in their god a requisite for being an American?

I pledge allegiance to the flag "quack-quack"...........

In which God do they trust??? And what if we don't trust God because he likes to mess with people and give them a hard time while making bets with the devil? He may be all powerful but he can be a real destroyer sometimes. What do cops prefer?

Who gives a shit?

Of all the professed atheists, I actually believe you. The ones who savage any hint of religious expression prove that they're not atheists, they're just angry with God. Someone who sincerely doesn't believe God exists is nonplussed by religion unless it's trying to tell him how to live.

Kudos.

Federalism allows this.
Hopefully they will be forced to remove it. If we don't all agree in God we trust then remove it. I don't think God even exists and they use belief in God to keep us dumb. If you'll believe just because a church/authority says so that's proof you will believe anything.

In ten thousand years people might believe in a creator but not any of the ancient religions.

Such is your opinion, sealybobo, but the law is the law. Change it.
That would be for a citizen there to do. I wouldn't challenge it if my city did it but I would hope someone would.

What law says it doesn't violate separate church and state clause?

Time for a lawsuit. Once again mixing government and religion.
Who's the plaintiff?
Whoever wants to file the lawsuit. This is a quite obvious case of violation of church and state.
You have no idea how this works. Who is being discriminated against? Who is aggrieved by this?
All those who don't believe in God. Any taxpayer there who doesn't has standing, meaning they can sue, and they should.

Who's the plaintiff?
Whoever wants to file the lawsuit. This is a quite obvious case of violation of church and state.
You have no idea how this works. Who is being discriminated against? Who is aggrieved by this?
I already explained this to you. ANYONE that is not a christian is being discriminated against for starters. Secondly its against separation of church and state.

Who's the plaintiff?
I already explained this to you. ANYONE that is not a christian is being discriminated against for starters. Secondly its against separation of church and state.
No such thing as separation of church and state. Why is it you idiots claim that when Christianity is proclaimed but if it said "in Allah we trust" you idiots would praise it?

Forum List

Back