PLEASE... don't buy into the hysteria of "school shootings"... IT was worse!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Researchers at Northeastern University say
  • mass school shootings are extremely rare,
  • that shootings involving students have been declining since the 1990s, and
  • four times as many children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today.

“There is not an epidemic of school shootings,” said James Alan Fox, the Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law, and Public Policy at Northeastern.
He said more children die each year from pool drownings or bicycle accidents.

There are around 55 million schoolchildren in the U.S., the study said, and over the past 25 years, about 10 students on average per year were killed by gunfire at school.

The Everytown group said this month that its own research shows there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America since 2013 — defining a shooting as
"anytime a firearm discharges a live round inside or into a school building or on a school campus."

“The thing to remember is that these are extremely rare events, and no matter what you can come up with to prevent it, the shooter will have a workaround,” Mr. Fox said in a report on the university’s website.

Schools safer today than in 1990s, study on shootings says

So why does the MSM continually cover these RARE, extremely rare events and make it sound like it happens ALL the time????

Advertising! Ratings!

People! Wake up! Don't get agitated. Don't get emotional. AND DON'T GET IRRATIONAL!
You are being manipulated by a handful of people i.e. managers of MSM outlets that are counting on your
irrational, illogical response to events that are RARE! EXCEPTIONAL. DON'T HAPPEN EVERY DAY!

• four times as many children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today.

“There is not an epidemic of school shootings,” said James Alan Fox, the Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law, and Public Policy at Northeastern.

There are around 55 million schoolchildren in the U.S., the study said, and over the past 25 years, about 10 students on average per year were killed by gunfire at school.

The Everytown group said this month that its own research shows there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America since 2013 — defining a shooting as
"anytime a firearm discharges a live round inside or into a school building or on a school campus."

“The thing to remember is that these are extremely rare events, and no matter what you can come up with to prevent it, the shooter will have a workaround,” Mr. Fox said in a report on the university’s website.

So why does the MSM continually cover these RARE, extremely rare events and make it sound like it happens ALL the time????

Advertising! Ratings!

People! Wake up! Don't get agitated. Don't get emotional. AND DON'T GET IRRATIONAL!
You are being manipulated by a handful of people i.e. managers of MSM outlets that are counting on your
irrational, illogical response to events that are RARE! EXCEPTIONAL. DON'T HAPPEN EVERY DAY!
I guess I was premature in buying up my Steir AUG 77 and 900 rounds of .223 then?

Don't outlaw a weapon just outlaw a plant...What fucking logic from humans...

But you are totally ignoring reality "Moonglow". You are a pawn of the MSM. You believe ALL their hysteria. Their hype. Their headlines.
That's why I said deal with reality not hyperbole!

^Do not like.

You don't like what? Facts?

That type of gun, I like rifles. :)

Not that you shouldn't be able to have that, if you want it.

Gun-grabbers never quit, I'm ready to tell them all to fuck off, you ain't gettin' a damn thing, you unreasonable asshats!

Millions of ARs out there (close to 10, probably more) and 2 people using them improperly, means everybody has to give theirs up because the gubmint didn't do their job? GFY.

Last edited:

Advertising! Ratings!

First of all, you’re an idiot comparing accidental deaths with murder. But that aside, because there are many deaths by pool drownings, I’m required to put a fence around my pool. Because there are many deaths on bicycles, my kids are required to wear a helmet when they ride.

So precautions are taken to reduce the risk. Why does the right fight against reducing the risk of shootings in schools?

Advertising! Ratings!

First of all, you’re an idiot comparing accidental deaths with murder. But that aside, because there are many deaths by pool drownings, I’m required to put a fence around my pool. Because there are many deaths on bicycles, my kids are required to wear a helmet when they ride.

So precautions are taken to reduce the risk. Why does the right fight against reducing the risk of shootings in schools?
To a rightist only the gun has meaning in life, the victims have none...

But you are totally ignoring reality "Moonglow". You are a pawn of the MSM. You believe ALL their hysteria. Their hype. Their headlines.
You suck as a prognosticator...

And obviously you don't read very carefully.
A) There are NO prognostications involved.
B) These are the FACTS.

• From 2005-2014, there were an average of 3,536 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day.1 An additional 332 people died each year from drowning in boating-related incidents.
  • About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger. ( or 77 per year from 2005 to 2014 under age 14...school age!).
  • For every child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries

Unintentional Drowning: Get the Facts | Home and Recreational Safety | CDC Injury Center

So this works out to 700 people that died from drowning in 9 years that were under age 14.

This is an average of 77 per year! FAR FAR from the 10 per year from school shootings.

FACTS Moonglow... you need to deal with FACTS!

B) These are the FACTS.

• From 2005-2014, there were an average of 3,536 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day.1 An additional 332 people died each year from drowning in boating-related incidents.
  • About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger. ( or 77 per year from 2005 to 2014 under age 14...school age!).
  • For every child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries

Unintentional Drowning: Get the Facts | Home and Recreational Safety | CDC Injury Center

So this works out to 700 people that died from drowning in 9 years that were under age 14.

This is an average of 77 per year! FAR FAR from the 10 per year from school shootings.

Your bullshit prognostication that I listen or "heed" the MSN another misuse of nomenclature since I am sure you get your 411 from some news outlet, is a joke at best.. I would have never quite my association with it had I loved it....Again, projecting your characteristics of an enemy will not work on myself because you have no evidence to support your wild assertions...

Advertising! Ratings!

I'm neither rightist or leftist.

But using your logic.. you put a fence around the pool and kids wear helmets. But all that there still were more deaths from pool drownings than school shootings!
Why are people so upset about 17 kids being shot yet in spite of signs saying this is a gun free zone... the only people that pay attention are law abiding people!
Others say hey target practice!

Don't confuse the reality with your emotions. That's what I'm trying to point out. You are being manipulated. It is for ratings. It is for advertising. IT is the MSM fault for
actually encouraging idiots like the Parkland shooter to gain notoriety . If there is anything I'd agree to is that there should be a HIPAA like law passed regarding notoriety by
MSM of idiots like these shooters because there are 1,000s more out there! And giving publicity is the fuel and people like you don't seem to get it!

Advertising! Ratings!

That thread title says it all.

Advertising! Ratings!

The Regressive Left will point out that only X% of deaths in America are the result of Jihadism.

That doesn't allow them to deflect and spin after Jihadist activities, though, even though they clearly want to.

Minimizing the deaths of innocent people, especially children, by saying something "else" is "worse", just ain't the way to go here.

B) These are the FACTS.

Your bullshit prognostication that I listen or "heed" the MSN another misuse of nomenclature since I am sure you get your 411 from some news outlet, is a joke at best.. I would have never quite my association with it had I loved it....Again, projecting your characteristics of an enemy will not work on myself because you have no evidence to support your wild assertions...

Words have meaning Moonglow... and I did not put any Prognostication in the original comment.
Here is the meaning of the word "Prognostication"..."the action of foretelling or prophesying future events."
No WHERE in any of my comments "EXCEPT" the very last one where I said there are 1,000s of future idiots primarily because of the notoriety the MSM provides.
That was NOT though in the original comment.

And I was not projecting enemy characteristics!
I'm simply pointing out the facts that the MAJOR reasons idiots like the recent shooter do it for notoriety provided by the MSM and the MSM is doing it for ratings!

Last edited:

Advertising! Ratings!

The Regressive Left will point out that only X% of deaths in America are the result of Jihadism.

That doesn't allow them to deflect and spin after Jihadist activities, though, even though they want to.

Minimizing the deaths of innocent people, especially children, by saying something "else" is "worse", just ain't the way to go here.

Innocent deaths are not being minimized. What is being MAXIMIZED is the point I'm making.
Given the 1,000s of potential school shooters like recent shooter do it primarily for attention! The MSM does it for advertising dollars. Why are we paying then
to feeding the 1,000s of potential shooters by penalizing the rest of us law abiding people when there is a very very simple solution.
DO NOT under penalties similar to HIPAA laws reveal the shooter's name, etc. by the MSM. Their constant blaring of the event ENCOURAGES these shooters.
I mean doesn't it just make sense to restrict feeding future shooters the one thing they thrive on...i.e. notoriety? They wanted attention!

Advertising! Ratings!

I'm neither rightist or leftist.

But using your logic.. you put a fence around the pool and kids wear helmets. But all that there still were more deaths from pool drownings than school shootings!
Why are people so upset about 17 kids being shot yet in spite of signs saying this is a gun free zone... the only people that pay attention are law abiding people!
Others say hey target practice!

Don't confuse the reality with your emotions. That's what I'm trying to point out. You are being manipulated. It is for ratings. It is for advertising. IT is the MSM fault for
actually encouraging idiots like the Parkland shooter to gain notoriety . If there is anything I'd agree to is that there should be a HIPAA like law passed regarding notoriety by
MSM of idiots like these shooters because there are 1,000s more out there! And giving publicity is the fuel and people like you don't seem to get it!
There is far more attention to the school shootings, again, because it’s murder. Folks are generally less outraged by accidents.adding fuel to the fire is that despite there being school shootings, nothing is ever done to prevent them from continuing.

Advertising! Ratings!

Getting rid of cowardly actions like gun free zones

Advertising! Ratings!

Getting rid of cowardly actions like gun free zones
As we saw just yesterday, armed teachers leads to armed violence in schools. Putting more guns in schools will only increase school shootings.

Forum List

Back