Pictures thread

P1050699.JPG

Don't know, saw it one day in the sky over my property. Some say it's a con trail but it looks kinda hinky for that. It faded away a couple minutes after I snapped the shot. Any ideas?
My son-in-law always has his eye on the sky and he said that he saw something similar that he thought was starlink satellites.

My son-in-law always has his eye on the sky and he said that he saw something similar that he thought was starlink satellites.
This was definitely some kind of con trail. Maybe some kind of new fangled ram jet? I didn't see the craft that made it though. BTW I took that photo 5 years ago.

This was definitely some kind of con trail. Maybe some kind of new fangled ram jet? I didn't see the craft that made it though. BTW I took that photo 5 years ago.
To me it looks to low for a con trail. More like writing from some plane sky writing, advertising something and it's dissipating.

To me it looks to low for a con trail. More like writing from some plane sky writing, advertising something and it's dissipating.
Could be. It did look pretty close. I live in the rural mountains. Don't know what they'd be advertising but I'm not ruling anything out.

eaglezoom.png

This doesn't do the size of that bird justice.

The top of that lamp post is 8". Its talon more than covers it.

That is a big bird. The hawks are 1/5 the size of that big boy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back