Philly Up By 26 —— And Loses

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This was the choke job of the season. The series is tied 2-2, it's a home game for Philly, and game 5 is one of the most important in a tied series. And Philly chokes hard.

Chris Paul - Leader of the Phoenix Suns — just caught Covid — out
Kawai Leonard - Leader of the LA Clippers - knee injury, might be done for season - out
James Harden (hamstring) and Kyrie Irving (ankle) — Brooklyn Nets - either hobbled or out

Odds are that the big 3, if healthy, win it all this year, but they are all never healthy.

the Hawks are my bet to win it all. they are the prettiest team (Heurter, Bogdan, Gallo) and the best 3 point shooting team, plus they have Trae Young! with other teams struggling for injury, this is the Hawks' year!

This was the choke job of the season. The series is tied 2-2, it's a home game for Philly, and game 5 is one of the most important in a tied series. And Philly chokes hard.

Kawai Leonard - Leader of the LA Clippers - knee injury, might be done for season - out
James Harden (hamstring) and Kyrie Irving (ankle) — Brooklyn Nets - either hobbled or out

Odds are that the big 3, if healthy, win it all this year, but they are all never healthy.
Typical Doc Rivers Playoff team performance/miss management, but then again if the GM and Morey had gotten a combo sf/pf instead of another guard (who's been terrible except for 1 game) then maybe Doc would have more to work with. There was a 15/6 per type 38% 3 pt shooter PF combo available at the deadline that we ignored, that probably could even play small ball center when needed (like in game 4).
Blame all around if we don't get past this round.

Meh, an epic collapse yes. I have no sympathy, we have our own problems in T.O.

Leafs were up 3 games to 1 against their historic rival the hated Canadiens and then they lost 3 straight, including two in O.T. After finishing first in the division for the first time in ages.

The pain will not go away anytime soon. We haven't won a Cup since '67, not even a playoff series since 2004! We are going to be the Chicago Cubs soon and I get that feeling I may just pass on from this earth without seeing a parade for the Leafs (seen two for the Jays and one for the Raptors).

I love trae young. Also Donovan Mitchell. They have really impressed me these playoffs.

A part of me believes harden deserves a ring and Durant definitely deserves another one. They are both great. I can’t believe they didn’t win in Oklahoma with Westbrook. Three hof players on one team.

I love trae young. Also Donovan Mitchell. They have really impressed me these playoffs.

A part of me believes harden deserves a ring and Durant definitely deserves another one. They are both great. I can’t believe they didn’t win in Oklahoma with Westbrook. Three hof players on one team.
It's because as good as they seem to the eye, they controlled the ball and took a lot of shots to get their points and if you look at their shooting percentage especially 3's Harden was avg and Westbrook below avg.
By playoffs defense is tough and double teaming or collapsing in on these ball hog shooters means you can shut the stars down enough to expose the teams inefficient offense.
It's only the last 2 years where Harden has changed his game to pass and defend better.

The Atlanta Coach is doing an interview after the 3rd quarter in an essential closeout home game they are losing going into the 4th, instead of coaching up his players and going over strategy and changes they need to make. *L*
That move right there if they lose this game, might cause them to lose the series.

Yea, that was an embarrassment of riches. Also had Oladipo on the bench. So much talent.

It's because as good as they seem to the eye, they controlled the ball and took a lot of shots to get their points and if you look at their shooting percentage especially 3's Harden was avg and Westbrook below avg.
By playoffs defense is tough and double teaming or collapsing in on these ball hog shooters means you can shut the stars down enough to expose the teams inefficient offense.
It's only the last 2 years where Harden has changed his game to pass and defend better.
I just looked up greatest players without a ring. On the list Chris Paul, James harden and Westbrook.

What is it with cheating and the State Farm Arena in Atlanta?
They were losing the voter tally and suddenly the arena has an imaginary pipe burst to stop the count and now they were losing thier playoff closeout game and suddenly the lights go out at the end minutes of the game to give their starters a breather and time to go over strategy.
WTH?
That should have been a team technical and investigated, like where was Stacey Abrams?
Was she in the basement at the fuse box? *L*

Last edited:

I just looked up greatest players without a ring. On the list Chris Paul, James harden and Westbrook.
Well I guess harden is going to have to wait another year

Yea, that was an embarrassment of riches. Also had Oladipo on the bench. So much talent.
Harden Irving and Durant was another embarrassment of riches that lost. Love it. I’m Greek so I love yianni

Harden Irving and Durant was another embarrassment of riches that lost. Love it. I’m Greek so I love yianni

Durant definitely did his part. Harden was MIA and Irving thought he would wait till the conference finals.

Nope, you aint going.

You enjoying game 7? I am.

I can’t believe the bucks beat the nets. Can they beat the suns? Someone’s winning their first championship this year.

Chris Paul, yianni, George. I don’t think philly or atl can win it all.

Forum List

Back