Petraeus Scandal Could Bring Obama Down

"Betrayus" will take the fall... Dems never liked him anyway.

This is going to be ugly & embarrassing to America, and will make us appear even weaker.

By running to Cantor (why him is I think a very important question....why not someone on the intelligence committee?) and then Cantor contacting the FBI made it beyond likely that now the cat was out of the bag and the FBI had to do something formally. So the timing has more to do with the FBI "whistleblower" and his vendetta than any other factor.

Well, the FBI investigations I'm speaking of are the ones that are (or at least should be done) to all Presidential Nominations. At least I think that is still the SOP for these things.

Isn't there an FBI background check for people who are going to be part of the NSA not to mention the head of the CIA?
Yeah, but I don't think they read your emails as a matter of course. They interview neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. and check your background. The FBI only started reading P's emails when the other other woman started complaining of being harassed.

Okay...if they simply were not looking under every rock that would settle it from the standpoint of the FBI knowing X about the DCI nominee, telling the Executive and Senate Leadership and their ignoring the infomation.

But that seems like a pretty big rock not to look under.

Then again, maybe the FBI relies on previous vettings that may have been done by the DoD and the Army specifically...

Obamination is guilty of crimes regarding Fast & Furious, Libya and now this sex scandal when his Admin openly claimed the FBI didn't tell the White House until after the election results......uh bullshit.

Nobody with a brain can believe the CIA director being under investigation by the FBI wouldn't be something the POTUS should be told is going behind closed doors. The FBI investigating high ranking officials on its own without the POTUS and Congress being briefed would be illegal. The FBI answers to the POTUS and Congress.

What leads you to think this has anything to do with Obama. The facts so far seem to point to the FBI knowing about it, deciding there was no criminal behavior, and dropping it. Then an FBI agent with a hardon for Petraeus (fueled by jealousy perhaps) tells Eric Cantor, who several days later calls (or has a staffer call) the FBI to make sure they know.

Well, for starters obamalamadingdong stuck his nose in this morning and said Petraues didn't have to testify, the stand in could do it. That's pretty damn telling in and of its self. He's got some serious skin in this game. Serious.

Apparently Ravi thinks that Oblamer lives in a bubble. FBI, Eric Holder to Oblamer. Better believe that Holder notified Oblamer, sooner rather than later. The withholding of the information about Petreaus from the people was purely political. Then came the Benghazi attack. Petreaus was forced to lie at the primary Congressional Committee. This whole mess centers around Oblamer's psychotic lying and drive for ultimate power. Could anyone imagine what the MSM and the Democrats would be doing, saying and printing about this, had it occurred in 2004,5,6,7, or 8? Hmm... I would imagine there would have been lynching parties in front of the White House.

What leads you to think this has anything to do with Obama. The facts so far seem to point to the FBI knowing about it, deciding there was no criminal behavior, and dropping it. Then an FBI agent with a hardon for Petraeus (fueled by jealousy perhaps) tells Eric Cantor, who several days later calls (or has a staffer call) the FBI to make sure they know.

"IF" the POTUS didn't know, well that in and of itself is unacceptable.

Why would he know who was having an affair? Jesus, you people are a riot.

Again, I do not think it happened but it sure sounds like a case of either the FBI dropping the ball or the White House and Senate leadership looking the other way.

by Jon Rappoport

It’s absurd to think the FBI just found out about CIA Director Petraeus’ affair with Paula Broadwell, his biographer. The timing is too convenient.

The FBI knew about the affair some time ago and, under strict orders, kept their mouths shut until just after Election Day. If they hadn’t, the scandal would have blown up during Obama’s campaign run.

During the period the FBI knew about Petraeus’ affair, they also knew he was completely vulnerable to blackmail. In FBI and CIA circles, to have done nothing about it is considered treasonous. Putting a gag on these FBI people had to been done by the White House.

The latest word is that Petraeus will not testify before Congress about what really happened in Benghazi. He “may be called” on the carpet at a future time, which could mean never.

His absence will help conceal details of the Chris Stevens murder and the build-up of US-sponsored terrorists in the Benghazi sector of Libya.

By running to Cantor (why him is I think a very important question....why not someone on the intelligence committee?) and then Cantor contacting the FBI made it beyond likely that now the cat was out of the bag and the FBI had to do something formally. So the timing has more to do with the FBI "whistleblower" and his vendetta than any other factor.

Well, the FBI investigations I'm speaking of are the ones that are (or at least should be done) to all Presidential Nominations. At least I think that is still the SOP for these things.

Isn't there an FBI background check for people who are going to be part of the NSA not to mention the head of the CIA?

Yeah....they must have ordered the el cheapo version of the background check.

Which Republican has the bigger binder full of women: Romney or Petraeus?

Regards from Rosie

This isn't funny...but your post was. Nice.

Yeah, but I don't think they read your emails as a matter of course. They interview neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. and check your background. The FBI only started reading P's emails when the other other woman started complaining of being harassed.

Okay...if they simply were not looking under every rock that would settle it from the standpoint of the FBI knowing X about the DCI nominee, telling the Executive and Senate Leadership and their ignoring the infomation.

But that seems like a pretty big rock not to look under.

Then again, maybe the FBI relies on previous vettings that may have been done by the DoD and the Army specifically...
If there is no compelling reason for the FBI to read someone's emails then they cannot lawfully read someone's emails. They had the compelling reason to do so when it appeared the harassing emails were coming from P's email account.

I think there is probably something more to this story. I don't think it is merely because someone had an affair. It is how the affair came to light and the appearance that the woman had become privy to classified information (which wasn't determined until yesterday, I believe).

It's not the affair you sot, it's about a possible breach in 'National Security'. But I will have to take your remark as one coming from a simpleton.

Because he is the President of the United States. The President is supposed to know everything about top officials that could cause scandals for the administration. Because with most administrations, the buck stops as the President. I know Id be pretty pissed if my advisors were holding back information.

Yeah, Patraeus is taking the fall to protect Obama and Hillary.

Same old same old.

He didn't take a "fall"..

He took a roll in the hay..

:razz:

Patraeus fell for Paula Broadwell :D

ap-aptopix-petraeus-resigns-4_3_r560.jpg

I don't see how the Petraeus scandal has anything to do with Obama. Benghazi is a completely different issue. Obama is lying through his teeth in that one. Why did Obama and his administration point to a YouTube video when he knew it was a coordinated attack? Will we ever get an honest answer?

I agree. Two different issues.

Of course Barry and his pack of boobs are lying throught their teeth about Benghazi. They lied from the get go.

Will we get an honest answer?? Who knows. I'm sure Barry could care less now. He got his second term and obviously doesn't give a rats ass about the four dead men in Bengahzi.

Forum List

Back