Pentagon releases video of raid that killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

There you go with that broad brush painting everything in black and white (good/bad). Lots of you conservatives have accused me of being a progressive liberal, yet I probably understand the sacrifices and abilities of our military better than you do. Why? Because I served in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, and was in 4 different war zones, and spent over half of my career on sea duty, which meant a 6 month deployment every 18 months.

Wow, what a sacrifice. A nice bed each night, bathrooms and great hot meals. Poor baby! Life was tough!

good-morning-M.jpg

Tell me again about all your sacrifices on-board a ship.

Living space on a US Navy ship ain't all that great. Your living space is 3 x 3 x 6, which is where your bunk is, and your locker is under your bunk, about 10 inches deep, 3 x 6 foot space. You share showers and bathrooms with a whole bunch of other people, and majority rules decides what channel the television is on.

The food, while plentiful and filling, is kinda plain and not all that fancy, except for once a month when the Captain lets the crew have surf and turf.

And then, there is the deployment, where the only contact with your family is via mail or phone, and that is infrequent at best.

Those are the highlights of being at sea. There are also the endless watches that cut into your sleep, the unending amounts of drills for GQ and fire parties, as well as the fact that on occasion, you get to float around in a war zone for a month or so at a time where you can be shot at.

But, even in spite of all the things that weren't fun in the military, it was still worth it, because I got to go to 26 different countries, 49 different states (only missing Alaska), and never needed a passport as well as got paid to visit there.

Sticking it out for 20 years has been a blessing as well. Why? Because I have a retirement check I can live on and free health care for the rest of my life.

There you go with that broad brush painting everything in black and white (good/bad). Lots of you conservatives have accused me of being a progressive liberal, yet I probably understand the sacrifices and abilities of our military better than you do. Why? Because I served in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, and was in 4 different war zones, and spent over half of my career on sea duty, which meant a 6 month deployment every 18 months.

Wow, what a sacrifice. A nice bed each night, bathrooms and great hot meals. Poor baby! Life was tough!

good-morning-M.jpg

Tell me again about all your sacrifices on-board a ship.

Living space on a US Navy ship ain't all that great. Your living space is 3 x 3 x 6, which is where your bunk is, and your locker is under your bunk, about 10 inches deep, 3 x 6 foot space. You share showers and bathrooms with a whole bunch of other people, and majority rules decides what channel the television is on.

The food, while plentiful and filling, is kinda plain and not all that fancy, except for once a month when the Captain lets the crew have surf and turf.

And then, there is the deployment, where the only contact with your family is via mail or phone, and that is infrequent at best.

Those are the highlights of being at sea. There are also the endless watches that cut into your sleep, the unending amounts of drills for GQ and fire parties, as well as the fact that on occasion, you get to float around in a war zone for a month or so at a time where you can be shot at.

But, even in spite of all the things that weren't fun in the military, it was still worth it, because I got to go to 26 different countries, 49 different states (only missing Alaska), and never needed a passport as well as got paid to visit there.

Sticking it out for 20 years has been a blessing as well. Why? Because I have a retirement check I can live on and free health care for the rest of my life.

Poor baby!

giphy-S.gif

Yep, I saw the Pentagon briefing and the videos. Not once did I hear a scream or whimper from Baghdadi.
Did you really expect that from a shot from an overhead drone with no audio?

Are you really that dumb?
Yes indeed he is.

Trump is the one that said he heard him screaming and whimpering. I just wanted to see if it was true, but apparently not.
Trump was watching the live feed.
But your defense of the terrorist, rapist, beheader is duly noted.

You are truly an idiot of the first water if you think that I was somehow defending Baghdadi. Personally? I'm glad he's gone, I just wish it could have come sooner. What I'm commenting on is Trumps claim that he heard him screaming and whimpering, which I don't believe, I just think it's more of Trump and his blowhard rhetoric.
Otherwise because it's Trump, an American President, then you just wanted to see if he was exagerating his accounts concerning a henious beheading murderer of the worst kind being finally dealt his much deserved punishment ?? You really can't see where your hatred of Trump has led you can you ??

It's the same as Pelosi attempting to rationalize MS-13 because of Trump.

TDS is real.

Forum List

Back