Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.Context

God's Word is Living and Active
12For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Cross References

Psalm 45:3
Gird your sword on your side, you mighty one; clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 149:6
May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit. It is a very sharp intrument and when a servant is led by the Holy Spirit, God will use the Word to penetrate the heart of the individual who is reading it or listening to it. This will expose what is in that persons heart because as the scripture explains it is even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. Yes, the Word of God judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. This is very uncomfortable for those who have hardened their hearts against God's Word because their desire it to believe there is no consequence for sin, for turning from God and refusing to come to Him. The Word of God awakens their conscience and so it is a bitter pill to swallow so to speak - to know that God holds all men accountable for their decisions. What is calvary love? Calvary love is speaking the truth to people according to the light of Gods Word because this is the light that shall examine us all on that day! When a surgeon operates on a patient you can be sure he is operating under a very strong light. His scalpel is very sharp and the skill in which he uses the scalpel is intended to cut out the diseased parts while leaving the rest untouched. This is precisely how the great physician - Jesus Christ - applies His Word to us. The Lord loves us which is why he does this work by His Holy Spirit who gently convicts us of this or that area and as the Word penetrates into that place we surrender to the LORD and repent of having not seen it before - or having resisted repentance in that area before and then the healing balm of Gilead comes and makes all things new. This is the beauty of the living Word of God. Because men put away the preaching of the Word of God we saw other methods replace it which have been quite devilish in their agenda to void out the truth of the Word of God.

Today the greatest enemy facing the church is the weapon that communists use and it is called psychology. Instead of applying the Word of God to our lives many have left the Word of God and it's instructions and have believed that the only solution is to not believe in God and accept that all conditions are derived from some mental ailment that can be cured with drugs. The truth is that in the history of psychiatry no one has ever been cured! Only medicated with drugs that we have yet to learn the full impact of! ( by all means, if you are seeing a counselor or are on medication - continue to do so but my point is do not go to the godless for your counsel - see a Christian counselor at your church - a minister - your pastor and get your counsel from the Word of the Living God so that you may find healing at the end of your journey through depression or whatever it is you are suffering from ) Oh! The irony of it all! How foolish we have become by preaching silly messages such as 203 ways to have a happy life without surrender to the LORD! The psychologists have now taken to the pulpits as if this is what God must use now to heal His people! To hear some of them tell it God must be a complete invalid incapable of fulfilling His Own Word! Of course we know this is not true but so many have believed the lie that God does not move as He did in the early Church - Pentecost - instead of realizing Pentacost never ended and is still going on today! Amen? Amen!

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/C2y3Zot4tE0]How Great Is Our God- Bishop Morton presents The Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship - YouTube[/ame]

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple.

Context

Isaiah's Vision of the Lord in His Glory
1In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.…

Cross References

John 12:41
Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

Revelation 4:2
At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

Revelation 4:3
And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today we lift up the Living God! You are high and lifted up, O God! You are worthy of all praise! Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory! All belongs to You, O God! You alone are worthy of All Praise! Hallelujah! The vision Isaiah had was so awesome he immediately recognized his condition in the presence of such a Holy God! Imagine it! Isaiah was a holy man of God - a servant of the Most High God! Yet! In the presence of God Almighty he was totally laid bare! Totally! Some of us need that encounter with God! I want that encounter with God! How about you, Beloved? Do you want that encounter with God? I want it!

Last edited:
Isaiah 6:5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

Context

Isaiah's Vision of the Lord in His Glory
…4And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." 6Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs.…

Cross References

Luke 5:8
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!"

Exodus 6:12
But Moses said to the LORD, "If the Israelites will not listen to me, why would Pharaoh listen to me, since I speak with faltering lips?"

Exodus 6:30
But Moses said to the LORD, "Since I speak with faltering lips, why would Pharaoh listen to me?"

Exodus 24:10
and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky.

Exodus 33:20
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
For some people, encountering the written word of God is almost too much for them because they are living lives so contrary to the Written Word of God it is like looking into a spiritual mirror for the first time seeing the true wickedness of their own hearts. Too much. For Isaiah it took an encounter in the throne room of Almighty God! Then Isaiah who was a holy man of God realized his own state. What was that? I am a man of unclean lips and I dwell among a people of unclean lips!

We cannot examine ourselves rightly by comparing ourselves to others. You could compare yourself to the most upright Christian in your congregation, the greatest preacher you ever heard preach and miss the mark entirely because that is not the standard - the standard is Jesus Christ - Almighty God - and when Isaiah encountered Him? He knew.

Isaiah was used mightily by God - he was the Hebrew prophet commissioned to give the prophecy of Jesus coming as the Messiah - Isaiah Chapter 53 - Jesus being arrested, being cruelly tormented and beaten and mocked, being crucified, what the LORD's death on the cross and shed blood gave us - forgiveness of sins, healing, deliverance, - Isaiah was used by God in a very powerful way and so the LORD had to give him this encounter. We must see who the LORD is in order to see who we truly are. It is just that way.

Moses desired to see God's Glory. He said, Show me your Glory! It has always been a mystery to me that while Moses went up to the Mountain to meet God - the people stayed down below! They did not want to go up there! Why did the people of God not want to encounter God and go up the mountain? Why did they want Moses to go up to the mountain by himself and come back down to tell them what God said? Why?

I believe it was easier for them to send Moses up and hear what God said second hand so that they could use the excuse - we heard it from a man - not from God - therein they could disobey God and blame it on a man if it didn't agree with them. Isn't that human nature? I do not really have it in my heart to know God so you tell me what He tells you and if I like it, I'll accept as from God and if I don't like it? I'll just accuse you in order to justify myself in my own sins.

Last edited:
1 Samuel 25:38 About ten days later, the LORD struck Nabal and he died.

Context

Abigail Intercedes for Nabal
…37But in the morning, when the wine had gone out of Nabal, his wife told him these things, and his heart died within him so that he became as a stone. 38About ten days later, the LORD struck Nabal and he died.

Cross References

1 Samuel 25:37
Then in the morning, when Nabal was sober, his wife told him all these things, and his heart failed him and he became like a stone.

1 Samuel 26:10
As surely as the LORD lives," he said, "the LORD himself will strike him, or his time will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish.

Not all people will repent and do the right thing. This is a sad fact of life. Nabal was from the house of Caleb. This man had a godly heritage but he himself was not about to welcome God's servant who had come by his way - to bless him by looking after what he had - his land - David was passing through with his men, Nabals land was not his final destination - neverthless, David had been a blessing to Nabal but Nabal refused to honor David by giving David had requested for himself and his men.

He refused to admit that David had been a blessing to his field, that David and his men had watched over his field and his belongings and had done good to Nabal. Even after this was pointed out to Nabal he refused to acknowledge that the servant of God - David - had been a blessing to him. Being from the house of Caleb - which was a righteous house - we have to consider this man had to have had a very stubborn heart and was rejecting the blessing God had given him boldy to Gods own face!

His own wife, Abigail interecedes for her husband - Nabal - and goes to David with offerings of food. A great offering which included two hundred loaves, two bottles of wine, and five sheep ready dressed, and five measures of parched corn, and an hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figs, and she told her servants go on before me and I will come after you and she didn't tell Nabal a single word of it. Why? Because Nabal was a greedy man and he didn't want to give David and his men a single thing for the good David and his men had done to him in watching over his field and protecting it. He was determined to not acknowledge this servant of God even if it meant his own death! Personally I believe Nabal was so hardened in his heart that he didn't believe he would die for treating God's servant that way. He considered it nothing to mistreat the servant of the LORD and thought he would get away with it. But that is not what happened. Because when Abigail told him that she had made right what he had done wrong - in mistreating Gods servants - David and his men - his heart turned to stone and ten days later the LORD struck him dead. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Amen? Amen!

Last edited:
Speaking of Nabal. He was mistaken in believing his land, his field, belonged to him. When David married Abigail everything David owned became Abigails and everything Abigail owned became Davids'. In other words, when the LORD struck Nabal dead, Abigail inherited everything he owned and then transferred Nabal's wealth in to David's account. Therein fulfilling the scripture:

The wealth of the wicked is laid up for the righteous.

Furthermore, had Nabal really considered whose field it was he would have realized it belonged to the LORD. The whole earth and everything in it belongs to the LORD God Almighty! Not man! It belongs to the LORD God Almighty! Where God sends His servants they take that ground for the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violent take it by force.

Every place the sole of thy foot shall tread you shall take - Joshua was told. Why? Because the servants of the LORD are to take what God has given them. For Joshua it was his inheritance he was taking... and the purpose of the servant is to go and reclaim that which was lost and ask the Holy Spirit to come and return it back to the rightful owner. The LORD. How is this accomplished. By preaching of the Written Word of God - by the Power of the Holy Spirit, by going where the Spirit of God leads us to go so that the souls of men which are lost can be saved therein giving Glory to God.

If the LORD is in a work it will produce much fruit. If the LORD is not in a work it will not produce anything but thorns and thistles.

What happened to Nabal can be summed up in one scripture verse.

Psalm 105:15 "Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm."

Context

Tell of His Wonderful Works!
…14He permitted no man to oppress them, And He reproved kings for their sakes: 15"Do not touch My anointed ones, And do My prophets no harm." 16And He called for a famine upon the land; He broke the whole staff of bread.…

If the LORD wills it, I will go into a further teaching about what happens when someone dares to touch God's anointed, his servants the prophets ( Amos 3:7 ) although I do believe it is sufficient to acknowledge that in the case of Daniel who was God's servant it did not end well for them. To see someone perish along with their entire family by being cast into a lions den would be enough to convince me to leave God's servants alone. How about you?

Last edited:
(...) listened to false teaching such as Jesus Christ is not the only way to God - there are many paths and they all lead to God..... these are lies and must be repented of.

I can't agree with that.

Just as God scattered all the people at the tower of Babel, I firmly believe that He also provided His message to be delivered among them in ways they could understand and accept.

Jesus was one messenger, but it is the height of arrogance to claim that he is the only one. Yes, that is a bold claim. However, if you think about it for a bit, it makes sense. Why would God provide only one path to salvation, which is unavailable to all but a small percentage of the world? Why would God condemn billions to damnation with no prospect of salvation simply because they lived in the wrong country? The very thought is facile.

No religion has all the answers. Nobody knows the mind of God, to claim with authority which faith is true and which is false. Just as God speaks to you through Christ, He may well be speaking to others through Muhammad, Nakayama Miki, Zechariah, or a number of others.

You cannot know whether those men were truly called by God, just like their followers may or may not believe in the king of the Jews that died on the cross. To proclaim messengers that may have been ordained by God as false just because their message either never reached your ears or spoke to your heart is foolishness.

Good morning to you, House! I've read your post here and will respond to it right after praise and worship time and the posting of one single scripture link - I'm going to put up song videos now and I would like you to listen them and see the scipture I put up - to get your spirit primed for my reply. So stay tuned!

[ame=http://youtu.be/fFtJ9G0JmRE]Lord you are good and your mercies endured for ever - YouTube[/ame]

Please close your eyes and forget yourself while you listen to this. The LORD desires to pour out His love upon you today. Ask Him to reveal His Love to you..... Ask, and you shall receive...

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://youtu.be/7xi8NF8eSRI]Rev.Clay Evans "Room At The Cross" (Original Version) - YouTube[/ame]

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For God So Loved

16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

This is the message of the Cross. Glory to God. Whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD will be saved, Whosoever will come, whosoever will confess with thine mouth and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved the scriptures declare! For with the heart man believeth and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scipture saith, WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED. ( Romans 10: 9,10,11 ) Oh! Yes! Whosoever means whosoever! Glory to God someone ought to make a sermon out of that one and preach it! Glory to God in the highest! It is the truth, beloved! Jesus Christ is not looking at your past! He isn't looking at your sin! He is looking at your future in Him! He sees your tomorrows right now! Today is the day of salvation! Today is the day to come to the foot of the cross and get washed in the Blood of the Lamb! Today is the day for "whosoever" to come to Him and receive everlasting Life! Come to Jesus today! God is ready to save you! Are you ready? The Lord God Almighty is ready and He is Mighty to save! Mighty to save! Oh yes He is! My Lord and My God! Thomas cried out! But blessed are you have believed and not seen Him! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved! Yea! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be reconciled to the Father today. Today is the day, Beloved. Now is the time. Amen.

Last edited:
Here is the response the LORD has given me for you House.

It is written:

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Context

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."…
There is only one way to the Father and that is through the Son, House. The bible says, Let God be true and every man a liar. ( that disagrees with God ) God is not a man that He should lie, neither is He the son of man that He should repent that you should be justified in your saying and may overcome when you are judged. We can take God at His Word because God IS His Word. The scripture in John 1:1 declares who God is - It is written: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him: and without him, was not anything made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness: and the darkness comprehendeth it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might be believe. He was not that Light but was sent to bear witness to that Light- John 1: 1 - 8 (* Note from Jeri - Malachi 3:1 prophesied of John the Baptist being sent to prepare the way of the coming of the LORD )

And again it is written: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. Which were born not of blood, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- John 1: 9 - 13

And again it is written:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld his glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John bare witness of him and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
- John 1: 14

Jesus Christ is God who came in the flesh to redeem His own creation, House. Jesus declares I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me. - John 14: 6 No man means "no man" - no man comes to the Father except through the Son. No woman comes to the Father except through the Son. How do we come to the Father? Through the Son. How do we come through Son? Ye must be born again.

This is what Jesus told Nicodemus the Jewish high priest, House. Ye must be born again. If Jesus told the Jews they must be born again how much more so do you believe that message is for every single human being on earth? Gods own chosen people must be born again through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Written Word of God declares this truth.

How can a man be born again? It is written in Romans 10:8, 9 how we are to be born again.

It is written: That if you confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, WHOSEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED. - Romans 10: 9,10,11

Now the Lord gave me a visual aid for you, House, to comprehend what he meant when he said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. The visual aid is the evidence that He IS the way, He IS the Truth, and He IS the Life. It is a very simple demonstration of the Truth ( the Only Truth) that He is the Way ( The Only Way) and the Life ( the Only Life - Eternal Life ) . Here it is....

Let us imagine that the Kingdom of Heaven is located in New York. You and I are in Key West, Florida. You ask me, how can I get to New York? I tell you that you must have the official map of our country to show you the way. I get out my official map and we put it under a light and examine carefully the road that will lead you directly to New York. You are to get on a specific highway, and follow the signs, the directions along the way that will take you North to New York. Each sign will be confirmed by the official road map that I give you that will take you to New York.

As you travel along the designated road given you - you note that there is smog up ahead, congested traffic, not much scenery and see a merge sign to a wide road that leads West which looks much more to your liking. You get off there and stop and ask someone can this road get me to New York? The person tells you sure! You can take the scenic route! You'll get there eventually! ( all the while this person knows they have deceived you but they enjoy misleading people and you are their opportunity )

So you take that road and it leads you past the Grand Canyon and you are delighted with the view as you travel along your way. This is so much easier, you say to yourself! Eventually you arrive in California and ask the people, where is New York?

The people say to you, oh, you are way off! That is on the other side of the country! Up north! This is the West! You say what? I thought all paths lead to New York! What are you telling me? The people give you a map - the official map of the USA which you already have in your posession and you see that it is the very same map! The official map which will show you how to get to New York. They tell you the same thing that I told you! Follow this map and it will take you to New York!

Once again, you are on your way and decide this is going to take way too long! I am further away from New York than I was before!! So you stop for gasoline meet a really nice man at the gas station and tell him your trouble. He tells you follow me! I know the way to New York! It is much easier than this map they gave you! Forget that map! Follow me instead!

So instead of following the official US map you decide to follow this man! You are following him and he makes a sharp turn and heads South! Eventually you land in Mexico. Now you are no longer even "on the map" but rather in Mexico where they promptly arrest you and throw you in a most horrible prison and you are surrounded by criminals and the most vile atmosphere imaginable. You cry out to this man who works for the prison and has now locked you inside, why did you lead me here? Why have you done this to me? He laughs at you and replies, you had a choice! You were given the Truth, you were shown the Way, you were offered the Life! You didn't have to follow me. That was your decision. It's your own fault.

Are you getting the picture here?

What is the lesson?

Get the official map out and follow directions. All paths do not lead to New York. Neither do all paths lead to heaven, House.

-Jeremiah

Last edited:
Terrible analogy is terrible.

New York is an objective destination. God & ultimate truth are subjective. Comparing the two are faulty. It's a non-starter.

Aside from that, Jesus was starting up a brand new religion, did you really expect him to promote following others? That'd be like McDonald's telling you that Rally's has great burgers (this analogy is more apt, as both the teachings of Christ and the marketing strategies of fast food chains are independently verifiable).

You still haven't accounted for the billions of people that never received this oh so uniquely sacred message. Are you dooming them to hell simply because His Holiness failed to deliver this particular flavor of salvation to their borders?

Doesn't sound like a loving (or competent) God to me. Sounds more like a desperate attempt to control anybody that doesn't have the capacity to think outside their own narrow world view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back