Pastor Brooks returns to the rooftop after losing his Mother to cancer.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
You just have to admire a man like this. Too bad the local Chicago Democrat leaders and so-called "Black Lives Matter" supporters totally ignore his efforts:

COREY BROOKS RETURNING TO ROOFTOP CAMPAIGN ON EASTER
After Losing His Mother to Cancer, Southside Pastor Resuming Rooftop Campout in Her Honor
Chicago, IL–On Sunday, April 17, 2022, after officiating his own mother’s funeral on Good Friday and then preaching his Easter Sunday message at New Beginnings Church of Chicago, Project H.O.O.D. founder and executive director Pastor Corey B. Brooks will resume his extended 100 Day Campout Against Violence.

Since November 20, 2021, Brooks spent 121 days camped outside to raise $35million to build the Project H.O.O.D. Leadership and Economic Opportunity Center before traveling to his mother’s bedside on March 21, 2022.

“Before my mother died, she told me to finish what I started. She said she always knew I was safe because we had a community center. The kids in our neighborhood need one too, and that’s why I am doing this. For safe spaces, skills training, and community building.” Pastor Corey Brooks said he is also grateful for the outpouring of love and support his family received during the passing of his mother. “Messages came in from all over. I was really humbled and thankful.”

So far, the extended 100 Day Campout Against Violence has raised over $11million in cash, in-kind gifts, and pledges toward the construction of the Project H.O.O.D. Leadership and Economic Opportunity Center. The campaign has also garnered over 20,000 new donors from across the country. Project H.O.O.D. is using CLA Financial as its accounting firm and it does banking with WinTrust, Chase, and Wells Fargo.

Project H.O.O.D. will now begin Phase 1 of construction, which is the demolition of the existing structure on the far north end of the future site and completing plans with the city of Chicago. The Construction Committee, led by Brooks, has over 100 years of experience in the Chicagoland area and is donating their time and expertise to Project H.O.O.D.

Construction Committee

Project H.O.O.D.
Pastor Corey B. Brooks, Founder & CEO
Brian Alexander, Juris Doctorate, Director

Principal Architect
Negin Moayer, Design Director, BNMO Design and Development

Construction Consultants
Jerome Ebert, Executive Vice President, Trammell Crow Company
Christopher Nikola, Senior Development Manager, Trammell Crow Company
Josh Balonick, Principal, Bluewater Builders, Inc
Don Biernacki, Vice President, Related Midwest

You just have to admire a man like this. Too bad the local Chicago Democrat leaders and so-called "Black Lives Matter" supporters totally ignore his efforts:

COREY BROOKS RETURNING TO ROOFTOP CAMPAIGN ON EASTER
After Losing His Mother to Cancer, Southside Pastor Resuming Rooftop Campout in Her Honor
Chicago, IL–On Sunday, April 17, 2022, after officiating his own mother’s funeral on Good Friday and then preaching his Easter Sunday message at New Beginnings Church of Chicago, Project H.O.O.D. founder and executive director Pastor Corey B. Brooks will resume his extended 100 Day Campout Against Violence.

Since November 20, 2021, Brooks spent 121 days camped outside to raise $35million to build the Project H.O.O.D. Leadership and Economic Opportunity Center before traveling to his mother’s bedside on March 21, 2022.

“Before my mother died, she told me to finish what I started. She said she always knew I was safe because we had a community center. The kids in our neighborhood need one too, and that’s why I am doing this. For safe spaces, skills training, and community building.” Pastor Corey Brooks said he is also grateful for the outpouring of love and support his family received during the passing of his mother. “Messages came in from all over. I was really humbled and thankful.”

So far, the extended 100 Day Campout Against Violence has raised over $11million in cash, in-kind gifts, and pledges toward the construction of the Project H.O.O.D. Leadership and Economic Opportunity Center. The campaign has also garnered over 20,000 new donors from across the country. Project H.O.O.D. is using CLA Financial as its accounting firm and it does banking with WinTrust, Chase, and Wells Fargo.

Project H.O.O.D. will now begin Phase 1 of construction, which is the demolition of the existing structure on the far north end of the future site and completing plans with the city of Chicago. The Construction Committee, led by Brooks, has over 100 years of experience in the Chicagoland area and is donating their time and expertise to Project H.O.O.D.

Construction Committee

Project H.O.O.D.

Pastor Corey B. Brooks, Founder & CEO
Brian Alexander, Juris Doctorate, Director

Principal Architect
Negin Moayer, Design Director, BNMO Design and Development

Construction Consultants
Jerome Ebert, Executive Vice President, Trammell Crow Company
Christopher Nikola, Senior Development Manager, Trammell Crow Company
Josh Balonick, Principal, Bluewater Builders, Inc
Don Biernacki, Vice President, Related Midwest
Gotta love it! Preach on Pastor Brooks.