Palestinian teachers in West Bank go on three-day strike

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The general union of Palestinian teachers announced on Saturday a three-day strike in West Bank schools to protest the delay in paying their salaries.

The union’s secretary general Ahmed Anis said that the three-day strike would start on Sunday at the beginning of the second scholastic term after which the union would organize a sit-in next Tuesday in front of the council of ministers’ headquarters.

He said that the government has to pay the teachers’ salaries before 5th February or else the union would adopt unprecedented protest steps.

Anis said that the teachers could not reach their schools due to their financial problems as a result of the delay in paying their salaries. The teachers only received half a salary over the past three months.

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The general union of Palestinian teachers announced on Saturday a three-day strike in West Bank schools to protest the delay in paying their salaries.

The union’s secretary general Ahmed Anis said that the three-day strike would start on Sunday at the beginning of the second scholastic term after which the union would organize a sit-in next Tuesday in front of the council of ministers’ headquarters.

He said that the government has to pay the teachers’ salaries before 5th February or else the union would adopt unprecedented protest steps.

Anis said that the teachers could not reach their schools due to their financial problems as a result of the delay in paying their salaries. The teachers only received half a salary over the past three months.

I support the teachers.

Does anyone else wonder how many teachers' salaries the siphoned-off billions of Palestinian "leaders" like the late unlamented Arafart would have paid for?

Does anyone else wonder how many teachers' salaries the siphoned-off billions of Palestinian "leaders" like the late unlamented Arafart would have paid for?

Not to mention the current crooked oligarchs on the PA.

About half of the PA's budget goes to protect Israel. Maybe they need to adjust their priorities to provide education.

About half of the PA's budget goes to protect Israel. Maybe they need to adjust their priorities to provide education.
At this minute, Hannity is on for the 3d time since Friday with his Special Report:Boomtown.. It's all about the fat cats and crooks pocketing America's money. It's enough to make me want to march on Washington. This report is going to have some publicity in the near future.

At this minute, Hannity is on for the 3d time since Friday with his Special Report:Boomtown.. It's all about the fat cats and crooks pocketing America's money. It's enough to make me want to march on Washington. This report is going to have some publicity in the near future.

Really? I haven't listened to Hannity in a long time. Back then he was pimping for these crooks.

It is about time. Independent radio has been reporting this for years.

Really? I haven't listened to Hannity in a long time. Back then he was pimping for these crooks.

It is about time. Independent radio has been reporting this for years.
He's on Fox News Channel and a Breitbart official is reporting and it will explode except for the Liberal media.

I'll bet there's plenty of money to buy rockets to arbitrarily lob into Israel.

Forum List

Back