Palestine: the things you don’t hear about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanna Barakat on her Team Palestine experience

Interesting, she went to Tokyo from L.A. to compete in the Olympics,
and has nothing to say except politics, no word about athletic accomplishments.

Q. Do you know, or do you think she knows,
how many Arabs won medals representing Israel?

She too moved to the US?
FYI. Janna was born in Florida. She is a US citixen with a US passport. However, her parents are Palestinian and she has lived her whole life in Nabi Salah, Palestine. She attends an American School in Ramallah.

Palestinian Women: Runners, Mothers and Breadwinners

...In Summer 2014, Shawqia took a loan from FATEN in order to develop the agriculturally rich land around her home. With the care and tenderness of a mother, she took me for a tour of her hip-height bean plants, a nursery of herbs peeking through the ground, baby fig and olive trees. Over a cup of the most amazing tea I’ve ever tasted (which I am told, is a due to the well-water stored under the home), she told me how she grows almost everything that her family eats and sells any extra, essentially eliminating the need to go to the mini market.

As she lovingly stroked her budding olive tree, she told me how her two sons (who married two sisters!), helped her to plant the fields. Now that everything is in bloom, she is very content spending her days tending her land alone. Hands don’t lie: This is a woman who is no stranger to hard work.

View attachment 222671

KIVA is an NGO microloan program that is quite successful. They loan to women primarily because women are more likely to invest it into enterprises to help their families.
Lemme guess. IsNtReal invaded it and said G-d said he was giving it to them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back