Page County man sentenced 5 years for cockfighting

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
PAGE COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - The Page County Sheriff’s Office and the Virginia Attorney General’s Office announced a historic cockfighting sentencing in Virginia.

42-year-old Dale Comer Jr. of Page County has been sentenced to five years in jail after being convicted of 26 counts of animal fighting and 20 counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty.

Officials report two of the animal fighting charges involved Comer allowing his children to be involved in animal fighting, even giving them birds of their own, teaching them how to train the birds and taking them to cockfights in West Virginia and Kentucky.

Comer also received 86 years of suspended time after he serves his five-year sentence, and he is banned from owning any kind of animal for the rest of his life.

Page County man sentenced 5 years for cockfighting and animal cruelty

IMHO it's just another example of our revered traditions being torn down......I mean fighting cocks are treated better than any chicken that you buy at the store and they go out in a blaze of glory instead of a inglorious end on a conveyor being eviscerated by some illegal.

PAGE COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - The Page County Sheriff’s Office and the Virginia Attorney General’s Office announced a historic cockfighting sentencing in Virginia.

42-year-old Dale Comer Jr. of Page County has been sentenced to five years in jail after being convicted of 26 counts of animal fighting and 20 counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty.

Officials report two of the animal fighting charges involved Comer allowing his children to be involved in animal fighting, even giving them birds of their own, teaching them how to train the birds and taking them to cockfights in West Virginia and Kentucky.

Comer also received 86 years of suspended time after he serves his five-year sentence, and he is banned from owning any kind of animal for the rest of his life.

IMHO it's just another example of our revered traditions being torn down......I mean fighting cocks are treated better than any chicken that you buy at the store and they go out in a blaze of glory instead of a inglorious end on a conveyor being eviscerated by some illegal.

5 years seems like an awful long sentence for cock fighting. Mike Vick did less than 2 years for dog fighting and people actually like dogs- at least a lot more than they do roosters.

I'm a southerner, and it's still pretty disgusting. Go get your kids in fight club, if you want some skin in your bloodsport. Way to go Virginia!

I had some good fighting roosters as a boy in the 1960s. They were bought off me by a wealthy looking black gentleman and his fancy looking lady. It was one of my first business deals. Cockfighting was legal back then but was outlawed later on.My mother and dad insisted I get rid of them.

Good. Anyone using animals for their entertainment instead of for food needs to be locked away forever. Or better yet, thrown in a pit with another asshole and let them duke it out. Winner gets to live in his jail cell for the rest of his disgusting life, loser is dead because thats the rule. Just like cock fighting, dog fighting, etc.

Fuckers. I hope he gets butt plugged by Bubba every day for those 5 years.

Considering Amber Guyger got 10 years for 2nd degree murder....it's incredible you'd get 5 years for "mere" animal cruelty.

Did someone say cockfight?

My first wife's grandfather raised champion cocks in Alabama. He never lost a cockfight.

He kept his cocks in individual pens about two feet in diameter in open weather and high enough to keep them from escaping.

So you are quite wrong about them being treated well.

My first wife's grandfather raised champion cocks in Alabama. He never lost a cockfight.

He kept his cocks in individual pens about two feet in diameter in open weather and high enough to keep them from escaping.

So you are quite wrong about them being treated well.
Negative, while they are kept in (usually in my AO) in A-shaped pens they are very well looked after. If indeed you had a relative that was into the sport for either breeding/fighting/both then you know better.

I don't know if the jail sentence is too long or too short but banning him from owning pets sounds good to me if he has no intention of ever doing right by them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't know if the jail sentence is too long or too short but banning him from owning pets sounds good to me if he has no intention of ever doing right by them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
LOL....I've never heard a fighting cock referred to as a pet....Ever.

They are mostly a investment, the same as laying hens.....And what happens to laying hens when they start to fall off.....The stew pot.....Usually in late Nov/Dec when egg production falls off further.

Forum List

Back