Oxycontin theft on the rise!

Thefts lead WA Walgreens to put Oxycontin in safes - Kansas City Star

Robberies involving the narcotic OxyContin are so common that Walgreens has installed time-delayed safes in its 114 pharmacies across Washington to secure the powerful painkiller.

The drug store chain is investing heavily in the security measure because Oxycontin robberies in the state are the most in the nation for the company, said Robert Elfinger, a Walgreens spokesman in Deerfield, Ill

- we also had one more robbery today and one yesterday here, where most of the thefts are in the state.

Heroin is a terrible drug.

consider this....oxies are time released....you overcome that...by crushing the puppies and hitting them or snorting them...

the maker of oxies could put a simple stop to this by simply changing the forumula where you cannot crush and hit them

Opana is a new medication out there. It is oxymorphone.

Apparently, they have a formulation that is a capsule with a gel inside it, so it cannot be crushed or snorted.

Sounds like what they tried to do with buprenorphine before the addicts figured out a way to get around that too.

Thanks for making me laugh, since you obvioously didn't read the other thread. Also I will be happy to pit my list of accomplishes against yours any day.

Are you currently a medic?

I find it hard to believe that a first responder who is obviously addicted to opiates (among other things) could adequately do their job.

If so, does your current occupation drug test?

BTW, I throw out the term addict b/c oxycontin is a 10-40 mg drug that is supposed to be used every 12 hours. That means, at the max dose, you shouldn't exceed 80 mg a day. Assuming you are on the lowest dose pill possible, you are taking 1600 mg a day, you are taking 20x the safe dose.

That means that you've developed a tolerance to opiates that allows you to take a dosage that would kill a normal person. You've been on this stuff for years, haven't you?

Last edited:
Actually I do have a cronic pain issue I have been dealing with for years. I am on heavy medication for it. Hence the reason I will NEVER slam ANYONE for an addiction problem, not even Obama, besides he has way to many other things worth slamming him for anyways.

I take 16 Oxycodone a day and have something called Dilaudid and 10mg pills of Valium for breakthrough pain. I also taze Zanaflex and Restoril for related issues. They are surgically putting a cathater into my back on Friday so they can directly inject medications into my back as needed for when I get into scuffles at work.

That's right, mall cop.

Thanks for making me laugh, since you obvioously didn't read the other thread. Also I will be happy to pit my list of accomplishes against yours any day.

Getting out of bed doesn't qualify as an "accomplishment" for most people, dude. It's a daily occurence Nor does seeing how many movies you can watch in a day.. Even marathon video gaming doesn't count.

Other than that, pony up the list!

I find it hard to believe that a first responder who is obviously addicted to opiates (among other things) could adequately do their job.

BTW, I throw out the term addict b/c oxycontin is a 10-40 mg drug that is supposed to be used every 12 hours. That means, at the max dose, you shouldn't exceed 80 mg a day. Assuming you are on the lowest dose pill possible, you are taking 1600 mg a day, you are taking 20x the safe dose.

That means that you've developed a tolerance to opiates that allows you to take a dosage that would kill a normal person. You've been on this stuff for years, haven't you?

Dude isn't a medic anything. He worked in the shipping dept at Best Buy unloading trucks before he was permanently (and critically!) disabled, and that was a good...what..maybe 6 years ago when he was in his early 20's? Over the last maybe year and a half or so, he's become a rent-a-cop for his local grocery store.. So, you'll get to hear things like "I took a perp down for stealing a toothbrush!"

Dude's flat out full of shit in just about anything he tells you. It's actually laughable once you get to know him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude isn't a medic anything. He worked in the shipping dept at Best Buy unloading trucks before he was permanently (and critically!) disabled, and that was a good...what..maybe years ago when he was in his early 20's? Over the last maybe year and a half or so, he's become a rent-a-cop for his local grocery store.. So, you'll get to hear things like "I took a perp down for stealing a toothbrush!"

Dude's flat out full of shit in just about anything he tells you. It's actually laughable once you get to know him.

Not to get political, but I guess I will, but I find it hilarious when anyone on disability spouts off the conservative mantra.

At any rate, anyone that is popping 16 oxycodone pills a day has a serious problem.

That would kill an elephant.

Dude isn't a medic anything. He worked in the shipping dept at Best Buy unloading trucks before he was permanently (and critically!) disabled, and that was a good...what..maybe years ago when he was in his early 20's? Over the last maybe year and a half or so, he's become a rent-a-cop for his local grocery store.. So, you'll get to hear things like "I took a perp down for stealing a toothbrush!"

Not to get political, but I guess I will, but I find it hilarious when anyone on disability spouts off the conservative mantra.

At any rate, anyone that is popping 16 oxycodone pills a day has a serious problem.

That would kill an elephant.

That would likely just be one more lie to add to the list...and yeah, the sitting on your ass while collecting from the government, and claiming you lean far enough right to fall on your head if a gust of wind hits you is amusing... But at the same time, if you *are* conservative, hearing/seeing such shit just flat out pisses you off.

One would *think* he'd be using part of those disability checks to get some type of extended therapy to get back on his feet (tho, I think the injury is nothing more than just milking workmans comp), and get back to living. Instead he'll brag about all the movies and games he owns. Been doing it since at least 2005, I think, and he'd been out 3 years at that point (if I remember right).

It used to come in 80 mg pills. Did they stop making them or something?

webMD says they still make a 160 mg dose

Oxycodone Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

webMD says they still make a 160 mg dose

Oxycodone Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

Christ ...

Forum List

Back