Outrage over death of young French mother after ambulance call mocked

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Bonjour, this is pretty disgusting this woman did not receive any help and she die because of people ignore her :mad:
32089700_258800514690669_7914121539514007552_n.png

A recording of an emergency service operator mocking a young mother, who died hours after her call was ignored, has sparked outrage in France.

Naomi Musenga, 22, called Strasbourg's ambulance service with severe stomach pain and said: "I'm going to die".

"You'll definitely die one day, like everyone else," the worker replied.:eek:

The woman eventually called another service and was taken to a hospital but died after a heart attack. The health minister has ordered an investigation.

In the three-minute audio, Musenga - in a very weak voice - appeals for help and struggles to describe her pain while speaking with the ambulance service (Samu).

The operator, apparently in an annoyed voice, replies: "If you don't tell me what's going on, I'll hang up!"

"I'm in a lot of pain," the woman replies.

The worker then tells her to call a doctor, and gives her the number for a different service, SOS Médecins, which sends out doctors instead of an ambulance.

"Help me, I'm very ill," the woman repeats. "I can't help you, I don't know what you've got," answers the operator, giving the other number again, adding: "I can't do it for you."

The recording also has an exchange between the operator and another staff member making fun of Musenga.

The woman eventually managed to call SOS Médecins and, after a five-hour wait, was taken to a hospital by the ambulance service.

After suffering a stroke, she was transferred to the intensive care unit but

died hours later of "multiple organ failure due to a hemorrhagic shock", according to Le Monde newspaper (in French).
The case dates back to December but only came to light when a recording of the call, obtained by the victim's family, was published by a local website.

Days after the transcript of the phone-call became known, Strasbourg University Hospitals has said it is provisionally suspending the operator who took the call.

The hospital said initial inquiries had led it to believe that the "treatment of the call had not conformed to good practice". The local prosecutor has opened an investigation.

#JusticePourNaomi
Reacting on Tuesday, Health Minister Agnès Buzyn said on Twitter she was "deeply outraged" by the case and requested an investigation from the government agency in charge of health and social affairs, Igas.

"I would like to assure her family of my full support... I promise her family will get all the information".

Young mum dies after emergency call mocked

Thank you. That is just awful.
The parents also explained that Naomie's body was left there and not descended to the cold room and her body was putrified and an autopsy was impossible.

...The recording also has an exchange between the operator and another staff member making fun of Musenga....

...Days after the transcript of the phone-call became known, Strasbourg University Hospitals has said it is provisionally suspending the operator who took the call...

th

I would say that more people than the operator should be suspended.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I agree , i hope Something could at least happen in the futur for those people .

Forum List

Back