Oops. Someone said NEGROE

I guess a few didn't see where I am a big bad racist for asking if the term NEGRO is a bad word to use. I am now known AS a racist for asking...and using it even though quite a few said it was as bad as nigg*r. My point then, as is now, is that if it is such a bad word, why is it still being used? Oh. Wait. Cuz blacks can and whites can't?

I call bullshit.

It isn't hard at all not saying words like "n*gg*r" and "negro". While "negro" isn't as fucked up as "n*gg*r", plenty of white people know how to use it in a spiteful manner that really really offends black people. So even if you aren't deliberately trying to insult someone by using it, it's probably best that you just eliminate the word from your vocabulary altogether.

So what if you hear people sayin' things like "What up my nigga!!!" You won't ever hear black people saying "What up my n*gg*r!!!" Or maybe you heard some black guy say "Yo dawg I'm an educated negro!!!". That kind of vocab... words like "nigga" and "negro" really just ain't meant for you to use.

Maybe you've seen certain white folks talkin' like that around black folks who happened to be cool with it. That's cause they spent so much time around them, they're like family, and involved with the culture, so among that select crowd, they are an exception and its acceptable only because he or she is like a honorable brotha or sista among that particular crowd and they all know the white person has nothing against their race. But even then... it can still be awkward, and there are plenty of black folks who aren't cool with anyone using the word "nigga" around them even if they are the same race.

So really... there is no good, positive reason for you to keep those words in your vocabulary. No good reason at all.

Last edited:
The Book of Negroes
1:13 PM on BET 83, 3 hr 47 min 2015 TV-PG
Part 1 of 2. The miniseries opens with the kidnapping of young Aminata from her West African village; and her treacherous journey to America.

Find more about The Book of Negroes

THAT ^ is what is on tv today. And it is on BET tv. You know..Black Entertainment Television. Note the date.

But...but....
Yeah that was prior to 2015. Still sore that most Black people dont want you calling them negro?

The Book of Negroes
1:13 PM on BET 83, 3 hr 47 min 2015 TV-PG
Part 1 of 2. The miniseries opens with the kidnapping of young Aminata from her West African village; and her treacherous journey to America.

Find more about The Book of Negroes

THAT ^ is what is on tv today. And it is on BET tv. You know..Black Entertainment Television. Note the date.

But...but....

Two out of five stars? Even the negroes thought it sucked:lmao:

I guess a few didn't see where I am a big bad racist for asking if the term NEGRO is a bad word to use. I am now known AS a racist for asking...and using it even though quite a few said it was as bad as nigg*r. My point then, as is now, is that if it is such a bad word, why is it still being used? Oh. Wait. Cuz blacks can and whites can't?

I call bullshit.

It isn't hard at all not saying words like "n*gg*r" and "negro". While "negro" isn't as fucked up as "n*gg*r", plenty of white people know how to use it in a spiteful manner that really really offends black people. So even if you aren't deliberately trying to insult someone by using it, it's probably best that you just eliminate the word from your vocabulary altogether.

So what if you hear people sayin' things like "What up my nigga!!!" You won't ever hear black people saying "What up my n*gg*r!!!" Or maybe you heard some black guy say "Yo dawg I'm an educated negro!!!". That kind of vocab... words like "nigga" and "negro" really just ain't meant for you to use.

Maybe you've seen certain white folks talkin' like that around black folks who happened to be cool with it. That's cause they spent so much time around them, they're like family, and involved with the culture, so among that select crowd, they are an exception and its acceptable only because he or she is like a honorable brotha or sista among that particular crowd and they all know the white person has nothing against their race. But even then... it can still be awkward, and there are plenty of black folks who aren't cool with anyone using the word "nigga" around them even if they are the same race.

So really... there is no good, positive reason for you to keep those words in your vocabulary. No good reason at all.​

At least, until you get into a Romance language and need a word to express the colour black....

Emotional context is everything. For better or worse, mostly the latter, words carry their own guilt-by-association baggage from their prior uses within that culture.

Now in Brazil, you might call your friend, co-worker or even pelvic affiliate Nego/Nega (masculiine/feminine) or Moreno/morena, both of which refer directly to skin color. But their baggage is different; far more affectionate. And that comes from the culture having a different historical background.

Forum List

Back