One thing leads to another

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I started out (and finished) reading this- BTW, I agree.

Edward Snowden Deserves a Pardon
The global spotlight was cast upon Edward Snowden in 2013 after he blew the whistle on the National Security Agency’s (NSA) warrantless domestic surveillance programs. Working with The Guardian and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glenn Greenwald, Snowden famously (or infamously, depending on one’s point of view) revealed that the NSA was illegally gathering information on tens of millions of Americans—citizens who had been accused of no wrongdoing. Now, Snowden’s case is once again in the news, as President Trump recently told reporters that he will look carefully at “the Snowden situation,” going as far as polling his aides as to whether he should pardon the exiled whistleblower.

On the page I read that on was this:

Covid Fail by Elites and Stooges

But more happened. My speculations reflect my suspicious mind and my classical liberal political sensibilities. I think the Covid craziness was infected by the lefty craziness now seen all around us, in cancel culture and rioting and looting and woke nonsense. The academy is lefty, the media is lefty, Google/YouTube/Facebook/Twitter are lefty, the professionalized sciences are lefty, especially in the apex of academics, of officialdom, and so on. What Marc Sidwell calls “the Blob” is dominant in these domains, I speculate. Once crisis and lockdown were the hue and cry of all good lefties, then taboos set in, and neither they nor the fellow travelers and pliant trimmers who covet blue-check validation dared point out the frauds and negligence in prevailing follies. Gratitude is due to the handful of important exceptions. One happy though late exception on the left is an interview in Jacobin. The interview confirms lefty lockdown enthusiasm, and questions it from the left.

Hard to intellectually disagree with either article.

Edward Snowden Deserves a Pardon

"Snowden was a responsible whistleblower who took the role seriously and made careful, deliberate decisions in choosing the documents he would share with journalists.

"He performed this immeasurably brave act of public service at an enormous personal and professional cost. In an instant, he became one of the world’s most wanted individuals, reviled as a traitor by some of the most powerful and dangerous people in the world’s most powerful and dangerous government.

"'Having watched the Obama administration prosecute whistleblowers at a historically unprecedented rate,' Snowden understood the risks; he understood that the CIA or '[a]ny of their agents or assets' could come after him."

Snowden has made it clear he has no problem standing trial for his alleged offenses if he's allowed to inform his jury of why he took the actions he did.

So far, the government has made it clear it will not allow such a defense.

alien-and-sedition-acts-herosize.jpg

Alien and Sedition Acts

Forum List

Back