Okay chocoholics .... Let's get it on

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Start here - The strangest recipe I've ever seen. I haven't tried it but gotta say, it looks interesting.

The OMG I Can't Believe It's A Raw Brownie Recipe
The "OMG I Can't Believe It's A Raw Brownie" Recipe

Careful because when you eat this brownie, you may not want to eat another cooked brownie again. It's that good. The buttery-nuttiness of the walnuts combined with the sweet dates in the base is only complemented with the rich chocolatey icing. It's simply one of the most delicious and healthiest brownies you will ever taste.

Ingredients (Makes 12)

BROWNIE BASE
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1/3 cup Raw Cocoa Powder

ICING
1 Avocado
3 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (skip if you want 100% raw)*
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
dash sea salt
dash cinnamon

1. Combine walnuts, dates, and the 1/3 cup of cocoa powder in a food processor (or high-end blender) and pulse mixture until it looks like potting soil. Pat this into an 20cm x 20cm (8inch x 8inch) pan.

2. With a food processor (or high-end blender) blend the avocado, honey, maple syrup, second lot of cocoa, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.

3. Spread the icing over the brownie base, then put in the freezer for about an hour to set. No matter how long the brownies stay in the freezer, they never become rock-hard mostly because they won't last that long. Enjoy.

Adapted from:
wayfaringchocolate.com

=======

It may be healthy(-ish) but just LOOK at those calories!

I think I posted a couple of mine a while back but I might post them again.

Anyone else have a fave chocolate recipe?

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
1 cup marshmallow creme

S'more Bars Recipe - Food.com - 387540

Now, this is a Thread I Can Believe In.

These best chocolate cake ever:

Perfect All-American Chocolate Butter Cake

By Rose Levy Beranbaum, The Cake Bible

2.25 oz or 1/2 c + 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder (lightly spooned into cup)

8.25 oz or 1 liquid c boiling water

5.25 oz or 3 large eggs (weighed without shells)

2 1/4 t vanilla (no weight measure for this)

8.25 oz or 2 1/4 c +2 T sifted cake flour (I always used well sifted organic unbleached wheat flour)

10.5 oz or 1 1/2 c sugar

1 T baking powder (no weight measure)

3/4 t salt (no weight measure)

8 oz or 1 c unsalted butter

All ingredients should be at room temperature, except boiling water.

Prepare cake pans : (2) 8″ or 9″ cake pans – grease the pan, line bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper. Flour pans.

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa and boiling water until smooth. Cool to room temperature.

3. In another bowl, lightly combine eggs, 1/4 of the cocoa mixture and vanilla.

4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and mix on low-speed for 30 seconds to blend. Add the butter and remaining cocoa mixture. Mix on low-speed until the dry ingredients are moistened.

5. Increase to medium speed (high-speed if using a hand mixer) and beat for 1 1/2 minutes to aerate and develop the cake’s structure. Scrape down the sides.

6. Gradually add the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating for 20 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients and strengthen the structure. Scrape down the sides.

7. Scrape the batter into prepared pans and smooth the surface with a spatula. The pans will be about 1/2 full.

8. Bake 25 – 35 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center. The cakes should start to shrink from the sides of the pans only after removal from the oven.

9. Let the cakes cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a small metal spatula and invert onto greased wire racks. To prevent splitting, re-invert so that the tops are up and then cool them completely before wrapping them airtight. Finished cakes will be about 1 1/2″ tall.

Store airtight: 2 days room temperature, 5 days refrigerated, 2 months frozen. Texture is most perfectly moist the same day as baking.

Neoclassic Buttercream

Makes 4 cups

4 oz or 6 large egg yolks

5.25 oz or 3/4 c sugar

5.75 oz or 1/2 liquid cup corn syrup (we have organic corn syrup at the Co-op)

1 # or 2 c unsalted butter (must be softened)

1 to 2 oz or 2-4 T liqueur, eau-de-vie (I add 2 t vanilla)

All ingredients should be at room temperature.

Have ready a 1 or 2 c greased, heat-proof glass measure near the range.

This recipe is easiest with a stand mixer, but you can also use a heavy-duty hand mixer.

1. Place egg yolks in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until they are light in color (this will take several minutes in a stand mixer, and several more with a hand mixer).

2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan (preferably with a non-stick lining, but my stainless steel one has always worked well for me) and heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves and the syrup comes to a rolling boil (the entire surface will be covered with large bubbles). Immediately transfer the syrup to the glass measure to stop the cooking.

3. If using a hand-held mixer, beat the syrup into the yolks in a steady stream. Don’t allow syrup to fall on the beaters or they will spin it onto the sides of the bowl. If using a stand mixer, pour a small amount of syrup over the yolks with the mixer turned off. Immediately beat at high-speed for 5 seconds. Continue with the remaining syrup. For the last addition, use a rubber scraper to remove the syrup clinging to the glass measure. Continue beating until completely cooled (this will take several minutes – use the time to clean your glass measure and saucepan before it gets too sticky!).

4. Gradually beat in the butter and, if desired, any optional flavoring. Place in an airtight bowl. Bring to room temperature before using. Re-beat to restore texture.

Pointers – The syrup must come to a rolling boil or the butter cream will be too thin. Don’t allow the syrup to fall directly onto the stand mixer paddle as it will spin the syrup around the sides of the bowl and create a giant mess. Using a hand mixer for this portion can make this easier.

1 (1 lb) box honey graham crackers

FILLING

2 packages French vanilla instant pudding
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
3 cups milk

CHOCOATE GLAZE

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons Karo syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe - Food.com - 18116

2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
1 (14 ounce) package caramels
1/4 cup whipping cream

Snickers Candy Bars Recipe - Food.com - 95145

DRY MIX INGREDIENTS

3 cups sugar
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/3 cups non-dairy coffee creamer
1 1/3 cups instant coffee granules
1 cup baking cocoa
1 (1/4 ounce) envelope cherry unsweetened flavored drink mix
6 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
6 teaspoons holiday candy sprinkles, divided
Chocolate-Cherry Coffee Mix Recipe - Food.com - 141750

I don't have recipies but anyone ever been to the Cheesecake Factory?

ORIGINAL
The One that Started it All!
Our Famous Creamy Cheesecake with a Graham Cracker Crust and Sour Cream Topping

FRESH STRAWBERRY
The Original Topped with Glazed Fresh Strawberries. Our Most Popular Flavor for 30 Years!

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW S’MORES GALORE™
Hershey’s® Cheesecake Topped with Housemade Marshmallow and Honey Maid® Graham Crackers

® DREAM EXTREME CHEESECAKE
Creamy Cheesecake Layered with Oreo® Cookies, Topped with Oreo® Cookie Mousse and Chocolate Icing

GODIVA® CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
Flourless Godiva® Chocolate Cake, Topped with Godiva® Chocolate Cheesecake and Chocolate Mousse

HERSHEY’S® CHOCOLATE BAR CHEESECAKE
Hershey’s® Cheesecake Between Moist Chocolate Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting and Chocolate Chips

ULTIMATE RED VELVET CAKE CHEESECAKE™
Layers of Red Velvet Cake and Cheesecake Covered in Cream Cheese Frosting. Finished with White Chocolate

REESE’S® PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE CHEESECAKE
Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cups in Our Original Cheesecake with Layers of Delicious Fudge Cake and Caramel

30th ANNIVERSARY CHOCOLATE CAKE CHEESECAKE
Layers of Our Original Cheesecake, Fudge Cake and Chocolate Truffle Cream

DULCE DE LECHE CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
Caramel Cheesecake Topped with Caramel Mousse and Almond Brickle on a Vanilla Crust

WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE®
Creamy Cheesecake Swirled with White Chocolate and Raspberry

CHRIS’ OUTRAGEOUS CHEESECAKE™
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cheesecake with Layers of Chocolate Cake, Brownie and Coconut Pecan Frosting

MANGO KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
Topped with Mango Mousse on a Vanilla Coconut Macaroon Crust

FRESH BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
Banana Cream Cheesecake Topped with Bavarian Cream and Fresh Sliced Bananas

ADAM’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP FUDGE RIPPLE
Creamy Cheesecake Swirled with Caramel, Peanut Butter, Butterfinger® and Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cups

WHITE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL MACADAMIA NUT CHEESECAKE
White Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake Swirled with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel on a Blond Brownie Crust

LEMON RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESECAKE
Raspberry-Vanilla Cake, Creamy Lemon Cheesecake, Raspberry Lady Fingers and Lemon Mousse

TIRAMISU CHEESECAKE
Our Wonderful Cheesecake and Tiramisu Combined into one Amazing Dessert!

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE
Silky Chocolate Cheesecake Topped with a Layer of Belgian Chocolate Mousse

VANILLA BEAN CHEESECAKE
Creamy Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, Topped with Vanilla Mousse and Whipped Cream

CHOCOLATE TUXEDO CREAM® CHEESECAKE
Layers of Our Fudge Cake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Vanilla Mascarpone Mousse and Chocolate

KAHLUA® COCOA COFFEE CHEESECAKE
A Rich Brownie, Topped with Kahlua Cheesecake, Creamy Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Ganache

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE-DOUGH CHEESECAKE
Creamy Cheesecake Loaded with Our Chocolate Chip Cookie-Dough with Walnuts

Best Cheesecake Ever! :)

Chocolate Bacon Cheeseburger

- ground beef
- hamburger bun
- bacon
- cheddar Kraft singles cheese
- melted chocolate
- Miscellaneous toppings as desired (catsup, mustard, relish, pickles, onions)

The bacon should be fried till it's crispy (just like you would do for breakfast). Then you dip the fried bacon into the melted chocolate dip, and place the chocolate covered bacon strips into the freezer for about 20-25 minutes. Cook your hamburger the way you usually do, add the cheddar cheese on the burger just as it's finished cooking. Prepare the hamburger bun the way you like it, just plain or toasted on the grill. Add chocolate covered bacon strips and toppings to your hamburger as desired.

Here's a guideline for melting chocolate:
Melting Chocolate

I don't have recipies but anyone ever been to the Cheesecake Factory?

Best Cheesecake Ever! :)

Never, but I love cheesecake. The best I ever had was homemade by a friend of mine who is French and a great cook (French and Euro cooking). It was wonderful, and no embellishments, just cheese cake--no graham cracker crust, no toppings. But I do like chocolate espresso cheesecake, and blueberry or raspberry topped cheesecake. But keep it simple, generally. Remember how on the Golden Girls, they always sat down over a cheesecake to discuss things? There always seemed to be one in their fridge.

french-cheesecake.jpg

Last edited:
Chocolate --

choco.jpg

THE gateway drug

I thought I'd like Nutella but don't.

We have some serious addicts here.

But, the good news is dark chocolate is now considered healthy ... in sensible quantities.

"Sensible" probably means there's not a bathtub involved.

Forum List

Back