Oil and Gas in ANWAR

Great article. Thanks.
Yeah. I don't know what would be the "non Russia invasion" price because demand was increasing even while Trump's term was ending, but it does "seem" prices were between 80-90/bar from fall of 21 to Putin's invasion. That was NOT historically high.

But, if producers think 80-90 is a base floor that can be sustained even if there's continued increases in global demand. And with nuclear and coal declining in the US, and the EU cutting nuke, I'm all for LNG for Europe. As for the US, as the cost of storage of solar and wind continues to decline, it's more politically palatable to mandate mixed use, and frankly utilities don't really care.

I claimed you were a partisan tool. That's it. And I posted links that there is less capital interested in new drilling than before, and that predates Biden.

But I'm not fan of Biden's energy policies. Imo they are contradictory of one another. The progressives he's saddled with think that increasing oil production will defeat green energy, and imo that's short sighted.

It was the gopers.
Really?

Yeah. I don't know what would be the "non Russia invasion" price because demand was increasing even while Trump's term was ending, but it does "seem" prices were between 80-90/bar from fall of 21 to Putin's invasion. That was NOT historically high.

But, if producers think 80-90 is a base floor that can be sustained even if there's continued increases in global demand. And with nuclear and coal declining in the US, and the EU cutting nuke, I'm all for LNG for Europe. As for the US, as the cost of storage of solar and wind continues to decline, it's more politically palatable to mandate mixed use, and frankly utilities don't really care.
You are very well informed.

Nukes and coal being artificially declining by liberal mandates you mean to say

Really?

OK. LOL

But there are folks like you on the right, and others on the left, who need to massage your partisan based realities, and make this all political. And I don't disagree that special interests can affect policy decisions, but what strikes me is the greens pushing Biden don't actually work in energy firms, nor did the tools pushing Trump.

Most energy production firms are looking for sustainable power and profits. Of course that satisfies neither group, and we don't appear to be running out of hydrocarbons, so that's not going to please the folks who want to hard cap them. Unfortunately, the tools are also sometimes elected officials. And without people like you, and those on the very left, being led by your partisan noses, it makes it pretty impossible for govt and industry to reach compromises on how much carbon energy should be assessed fees over renewables. And that is necessary if there's going to be a market based approach like we use on clean air and water regulation.

Is the risk assessment costing of spent nuclear fuel or the health costs of coal ... liberal? Or as a conservative do I have to say we should not factor in the potential of a Fukashima or air pollution illnesses? That seems .... stupid.
Cry me a river you know what happened in Fukashima and you know we have air scrubbers

Wait. I saw this on the way out, and thought it might be of interest to ... those who think

Behind the dramatic fall in prices on Wednesday was optimism about a diplomatic solution to the Ukraine war. An apparent plea from the United Arab Emirates had called on the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies (OPEC+) to increase production, accelerating declines.

Both of those factors were fading on Thursday. Peace in Eastern Europe remained just a hope after top diplomats from Russia and Ukraine failed to reach a cease-fire at talks in Turkey, The Wall Street Journal reported.
“The U.A.E. has since reeled back on its initial OPEC+ comments, the Iran nuclear deal is stalled, and Reuters is reporting that China’s state refiners are being urged to halt April fuel exports,” added Jeffrey Halley, an analyst at broker Oanda. “I can only imagine that liquidity is shot to bits in the oil futures markets now, and picking technical levels is a bit meaningless.”

The invasion of Ukraine by Russia two weeks ago has intensively disrupted commodity markets, sending oil prices skyward amid tough sanctions on Russia, which is one of the world’s most significant producers of crude. Crude prices remain at their highest levels since 2008, with WTI spiking as much as 30% since the Russian invasion.

So far, tough financial sanctions on Moscow have complicated supply chains and led to traders “self-sanctioning,” limiting supply and pushing up prices. A widespread embargo from the U.S. and U.K. on Russian crude could exacerbate the situation in the long run.

But prices were rising long before conflict erupted in Eastern Europe. A year ago a barrel of crude was $65, which rose to $75 by the time 2021 was done. Demand for oil has come roaring back from the depths of the pandemic amid a backdrop of tight supply, with producers like the OPEC+ group facing barriers to increasing their output.

The situation shows little sign of improving, short of a complete end to hostilities and the ending of sanctions.

I don't think that should mean an investor should expect to see prices under 70/bar. And that's probably good for Texas drillers and guys in the Bakken and the Western Canadian field

OK. LOL

But there are folks like you on the right, and others on the left, who need to massage your partisan based realities, and make this all political. And I don't disagree that special interests can affect policy decisions, but what strikes me is the greens pushing Biden don't actually work in energy firms, nor did the tools pushing Trump.

Most energy production firms are looking for sustainable power and profits. Of course that satisfies neither group, and we don't appear to be running out of hydrocarbons, so that's not going to please the folks who want to hard cap them. Unfortunately, the tools are also sometimes elected officials. And without people like you, and those on the very left, being led by your partisan noses, it makes it pretty impossible for govt and industry to reach compromises on how much carbon energy should be assessed fees over renewables. And that is necessary if there's going to be a market based approach like we use on clean air and water regulation.

As long as best environmental practices are used, the government has no place in interfering in anything. And they have no constitutional authority to do so.

As long as best environmental practices are used, the government has no place in interfering in anything. And they have no constitutional authority to do so.

LOL. Like that will ever happen. There's always someone going to cut costs, like BP in the Gulf. Your post seems at odds with the Clean Air and Water Acts. LOL

In this thread you will see democrats think Americans are lazy, need to get out of their cars and pay the price.

Democrats want to take your mobility away.
What would be the logic of dems wanting to stop the economy from moving?
Why would any government do that?
It makes no sense but that's not unusual for a republican to make no sense.

What would be the logic of dems wanting to stop the economy from moving?
Why would any government do that?
It makes no sense but that's not unusual for a republican to make no sense.
Until you realize Democrats are America's enemy nothing they do will make sense.

Until you realize Democrats are America's enemy nothing they do will make sense.
Are you stupid enough to suggest half the population including those who fought for the country, paid their taxes and contributed to the wealth of the nation not to mention being born here, they are now an enemy because you hate democrats? You really do have a grasp of reality.
How ignorant and hate filled are you?
Its people like you and Trump who want the country divided. Youre brain dead dickhead.

Forum List

Back