Ohio Gov. DeWine tests negative for COVID-19 hours after testing positive

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've had my suspicions fairly early that the numbers are heavily inflated or inaccurate. I even suggested people get re-tested the next day and see if they receive the same result. All of these positives, or false positives, gives the appearance that this virus is super contagious and the end of humanity unless we take the most extreme response (even then it isn't assured to work). I am quite suspicious of the numbers and I hope media talking heads and politicians start raising the issues around all of this.

One must always be critical of data especially when it is fluid and based on what could easily be defective tests, possibly even purposely inaccurate if manufactured improperly or, in China. Then there is the "asymptomatic positives", which are a little too convenient with false positives.

Exhibit A of many:

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tested negative for COVID-19 on Thursday hours after testing positive before he was set to greet President Trump at the Cleveland airport, according to a statement by the governor's office.

Instead of meeting with Trump, DeWine returned to Columbus and was ultimately tested for coronavirus a second time.

The second test was a PCR test administered that afternoon, which his office said was "extremely sensitive, as well as specific, for the virus." His wife, Fran DeWine, and staff members also tested negative.

"The PCR tests for the Governor, First Lady, and staff were run twice," the statement said. "They came back negative the first time and came back negative when they were run on a second diagnostic platform."

His office said the PCR test was different than the rapid antigen test administered earlier in the morning as part of the standard protocol required to meet with Trump.

"We will be working with the manufacturer to have a better understanding of how the discrepancy between these two tests could have occurred," the statement added.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that, I had to meet with my mother in law last week but I told my wife I had tested positive for Covid, and the the next day told her it was a false positive.

Funny how that happens.

And yes, I'm still included in the numbers I think.

A couple down here went for testing.......got signed in and waited........got tired of waiting to be tested so they left..........

Got a call that they were POSITIVE.........but were NEVER TESTED.......IMAGINE THAT.

This virus is an unusual one. I know people who have no symptoms while their significant other is hospitalized. A few in our extended family had mild cases but for some the effects linger. Neither my wife nor I have ever had the flu and yet I know lots who have and still get the flu shot every year. For the genuinely interested reader, read the book below. It is from 2017 but it will give you a better view of pandemics and viruses. Excellent read.

'Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs' by Michael T. Osterholm, Mark Olshaker

"Mother Nature is the greatest bioterrorist of them all, with no financial limitations or ethical compunctions."

Below is commentary by authors of book on pandemics worth a read, 'Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs'

'We're thinking about Covid-19 the wrong way. It's not a 'wave' – it's a wildfire'

I've had my suspicions fairly early that the numbers are heavily inflated or inaccurate. I even suggested people get re-tested the next day and see if they receive the same result. All of these positives, or false positives, gives the appearance that this virus is super contagious and the end of humanity unless we take the most extreme response (even then it isn't assured to work). I am quite suspicious of the numbers and I hope media talking heads and politicians start raising the issues around all of this.

One must always be critical of data especially when it is fluid and based on what could easily be defective tests, possibly even purposely inaccurate if manufactured improperly or, in China. Then there is the "asymptomatic positives", which are a little too convenient with false positives.

Exhibit A of many:

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tested negative for COVID-19 on Thursday hours after testing positive before he was set to greet President Trump at the Cleveland airport, according to a statement by the governor's office.

Instead of meeting with Trump, DeWine returned to Columbus and was ultimately tested for coronavirus a second time.

The second test was a PCR test administered that afternoon, which his office said was "extremely sensitive, as well as specific, for the virus." His wife, Fran DeWine, and staff members also tested negative.

"The PCR tests for the Governor, First Lady, and staff were run twice," the statement said. "They came back negative the first time and came back negative when they were run on a second diagnostic platform."

His office said the PCR test was different than the rapid antigen test administered earlier in the morning as part of the standard protocol required to meet with Trump.

"We will be working with the manufacturer to have a better understanding of how the discrepancy between these two tests could have occurred," the statement added.

it the test that tramp uses.

RIghtly or wrongly this is going to give a huge boost to those against the shut downs.

Forum List

Back