[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

It is a very faint gray color and hard to see.

Yo @cereal_killer, is there any way to make that little arrow easier to see for those of us who don't have quite the same eagle vision we had in our youth?

1347506612162_3017475.png
Wish I could, its hard coded. Just know its there and wait for the cursor to change.

My finger is my mouse and known of the suggestions above apply to my situation. I have very limited use of this new board.

Question ... what's the difference between "Senior Member", "VIP Member" "Silver Member"? I started out with my custom user title, that changed to "VIP Member" and today it says "Silver Member". Also, how do you tell if someone is banned now? I don't see pink anymore.

My understanding is that only those who subscribe can have a custom user title and yet I see many who are not subscribers with a custom title. ?? Is there a possibility to have a custom user title without being a paid subscriber? Just curious.

Oh, I meant to @cereal_killer in my post but forgot. Went to edit the post a bit later (2 hours maybe) and it won't let me. Is there a time limit for editing?

Sorry, have another question. As I'm typing this there is a sec or so lag between my typing and the words appearing on the screen ... it types out slower rather than in "real-time" as I'm typing. The faster I type the worse it is. Is there something I can do to fix that?

on
We are used to Nested Quotes, and this site uses Multi-Quotes.

Well, boys and girls, this looks like the solution!

Now we have to ask @cereal_killer to implement it:

Fully nested quotes in the editor | XenForo Community
*bump* for @cereal_killer, in case he wasn't online all night. :)

I enabled the nested quote but any future upgrades will break it.

Test....YES!!!!! I love it. Thank you thank you. Not as aesthetically pleasing or easy to read as the old format, but this will do. That is one less frustration. I'll give you some time to work on other stuff before I hit you with the next one. :)

Last edited:
Question ... what's the difference between "Senior Member", "VIP Member" "Silver Member"? I started out with my custom user title, that changed to "VIP Member" and today it says "Silver Member". Also, how do you tell if someone is banned now? I don't see pink anymore.

My understanding is that only those who subscribe can have a custom user title and yet I see many who are not subscribers with a custom title. ?? Is there a possibility to have a custom user title without being a paid subscriber? Just curious.

Oh, I meant to @cereal_killer in my post but forgot. Went to edit the post a bit later (2 hours maybe) and it won't let me. Is there a time limit for editing?

Sorry, have another question. As I'm typing this there is a sec or so lag between my typing and the words appearing on the screen ... it types out slower rather than in "real-time" as I'm typing. The faster I type the worse it is. Is there something I can do to fix that?
90 minutes to edit Zoom. I bumped it up to where it was pre-conversion. Are you using the Windows 8 native browser? (in metro)

I would note that getting the similes backs is nice but the smiley selection is a total mess.

It might be worth migrating all the massive similes like:
:bsflag:

To the bottom of the selection and the smaller ones to the top so that the rows and the like are not so darn random.

Just a suggestion though :D

Using FireFox this SOLVED the problem. I zoomed out. The button is there.

This really isn't a great solution though. Already the right 1/3 of the screen was wasted space and now when I zoom out I have a grey sidebar on both left and right and this makes everything within the inner border that much smaller.

What's the point of putting a useful widget into a dead zone?
Forum is set up for people that use their browsers at the recommended default settings. If you choose to use and view the site with anything other than the recommended default view settings, which most people do, then you'll have to deal with whatever your facing. Browsers have a default setting for a reason.

I haven't changed my default settings. On Chrome and IE, fresh out of the gate, meaning I never use them, only that inner frame showed up. Even now when I go to the Firefox Zoom panel and hit reset nothing changes. I am at default. My browsers are presenting what your server sends them.

I do see that your & your team did something though because that page up button is now present and it looks like there isn't an outer frame surrounding the inner frame.

And thank you. You don't get enough thank yous, so once again, thank you. Excellent customer service.:)

Last edited:
Like this. But I am addressing each post as I read along.

Except it's hard to tell who you are addressing. And, if other posts get in between your totem, then it is really confusing. Just learn how to use it...I say.

Forum List

Back